Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 298046 times)

xelada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums Balance and Ideas Thread. Current topic: Fighters!
« Reply #780 on: April 24, 2014, 11:16:26 pm »

Maybe instead of/as well as buffing archers, we nerf cavalry/dismount, in it's current state it makes mounted units superior to non-mounted units, after all, if being mounted would be disadvantageous you can dismount, possibly making you slightly weaker than an infantry counterpart, but in some cases *coughcavaliers* you may still be better.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 25, 2014, 01:08:25 am »

Maybe instead of/as well as buffing archers, we nerf cavalry/dismount, in it's current state it makes mounted units superior to non-mounted units, after all, if being mounted would be disadvantageous you can dismount, possibly making you slightly weaker than an infantry counterpart, but in some cases *coughcavaliers* you may still be better.
We could do it like in FE3 and FE5 and make dismounted cavaliers limited to swords.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 25, 2014, 07:29:35 am »

...Expound. How are Dismounted Cavaliers better than their fellows?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 25, 2014, 07:31:03 am »

...Expound. How are Dismounted Cavaliers better than their fellows?
I assume it's because they get access to swords alongisde lances, even while dismounted.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 25, 2014, 07:48:05 am »

Classes that only get one or the other have higher proficiency with the weapons, so that's not really a big deal.

Also, mounted units are vulnerable to the soldier tree and any weapon affected against horseback units.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 25, 2014, 12:18:54 pm »

Also, mounted units are vulnerable to the soldier tree and any weapon affected against horseback units.

Unless they dismount, of course. In which case they have the same or highly similar stats, I believe.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 25, 2014, 12:46:23 pm »

Unless they dismount, of course. In which case they have the same or highly similar stats, I believe.
Basically, a horse gives you +2 MOV and a huge bonus (like +12) to your ability to rescue people. For some reason it has no other impact on one's ability to wage war.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 25, 2014, 01:14:32 pm »

So what. They aren't that great that they need a nerf instead of the foot soldiers getting a little love.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: April 25, 2014, 01:23:21 pm »

So what. They aren't that great that they need a nerf instead of the foot soldiers getting a little love.

This. Why is there suddenly talk of nerfing mounted units?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

xelada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 25, 2014, 06:21:37 pm »

Offering suggestions, I do understand the "don't fix what ain't broke" sentiment however. Still, being able to suddenly go "my main weaknesses will no longer affect me for the rest of the battle" should be looked at carefully, having two weapon types too should be carefully consider. Of course I might just be paranoid and they are balanced, in which case feel free to ignore me.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 25, 2014, 06:33:08 pm »

A lot of classes have two weapon types, though. Scavengers and Spies, for example; one has swords and dark magic, the other has swords and bows. And pretty much every rider considers it a major debuff when they're forcibly unhorsed.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 25, 2014, 06:36:44 pm »

Dual weapon classes are actually suppose to have lower proficiencies, hence the Specific D, Branch D format. You just pick your proficiency. It gets waved in a few games when it shouldn't. But such is up to the GM in the end.

As for cavalry, they get rid of their main weakness but also their main ability. They step off their horse/wyvern/pegasus, they're losing their class skill.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 25, 2014, 06:38:01 pm »

And pretty much every rider considers it a major debuff when they're forcibly unhorsed.
This makes me want to play a rider who always unmounts before battle. :P

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 25, 2014, 06:38:55 pm »

Dual weapon classes are actually suppose to have lower proficiencies, hence the Specific D, Branch D format. You just pick your proficiency. It gets waved in a few games when it shouldn't. But such is up to the GM in the end.

I up them to rank C in such situations because what's the point of pointing out proficiency if they're on same rank as their 'mother' categories anyways v:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 300