Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 297349 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums Balance and Ideas Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2014, 07:10:38 pm »

Welp since option 2 pretty much roflstomped the other ones I can make the new one and put the final decision in the op. If anyone disagrees then bugger off post it again.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2014, 08:01:23 pm »

Would Miracle be affected by this? I feel like in games where hitting 0 HP equals death period, it should be Luckx3%, but in most Luckx2% should work.

Though, I have to be honest, Myrmidon(of either Promo) with a Brave Sword and Adept would be fairly terrifying with Statx2%. Rightfully so, I suppose, considering the stats needed for it to be effective, but still. Easily 6 attacks on average.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2014, 08:03:58 pm »

Would Miracle be affected by this? I feel like in games where hitting 0 HP equals death period, it should be Luckx3%, but in most Luckx2% should work.

Though, I have to be honest, Myrmidon(of either Promo) with a Brave Sword and Adept would be fairly terrifying with Statx2%. Rightfully so, I suppose, considering the stats needed for it to be effective, but still. Easily 6 attacks on average.

All percentile based skills, so yes to Miracle.

@Spammaster eventuality: Well that's why I suggested 1.5

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2014, 08:10:52 pm »

Speaking of Stat% skills, what about Big Shield? Should that be any different?

Also, I just realized Resolve+General would be sorta scary(45% chance of doing absolutely nothing), if it didn't need you to be so low on health, as well as being Cost.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2014, 08:12:41 pm »

Perhaps variable then? Miracle remains unchanged, Adept is 1.5x rounding down, with cancel being 2x? I'm sure I'm missing one...

Big Shield should probably be 1.5x

Actually, that would get confusing really quickly. You'd have to check each one to see the multiplier.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 08:16:12 pm by Xanmyral »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2014, 08:38:27 pm »

I would suggest all Character skills get the same multiplier, lest we jumble more balance issues than we need to. Also to keep things nice and simple.

Class skills can be reviewed individually, and Big Shield doesn't need boosted activation, considering it's better than Miracle (activates on all attacks, nullifies damage instead of halving).

EDIT: Maybe we should have a section in the OP where we have results for things that've been voted on.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2014, 08:39:34 pm »

Wait, why would Miracle be unchanged? Since people can be revived anyway, it's a bit weak right now anyway.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2014, 08:42:53 pm »

Wait, why would Miracle be unchanged? Since people can be revived anyway, it's a bit weak right now anyway.

The ability to ignore damage, even partially, is nothing to sneeze at. It's not a skill you base a strategy around, though.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2014, 08:44:44 pm »

How about making Luck not a dump stat by simply making all single stat chance skills have stat+LCK chance to activate?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2014, 08:47:59 pm »

Trust me, a skill that keeps you breathing when you really shouldn't is good. If you aren't down, that's another person who can act and heal dance. If you want an example, look at FEF 1 IC, last page.

The idea was bad though, and it dos more persuade me to 1.5x instead of 2x. I suggest Ancient Gamble stay as is however, simply because it already has a multiplier, and you don't fix what isn't broke.

I also like SC's idea.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2014, 08:52:05 pm »

How about making Luck not a dump stat by simply making all single stat chance skills have stat+LCK chance to activate?

First of all, a better way to do that would be to simply add Luck to hit rates instead of halving it first. Then it would contribute more.

Second, where does that leave Miracle?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2014, 09:09:41 pm »

Simply make Miracle LCK x2. And you could still do that to buff LCK, since adding it to the other Speed or Skill% chance skills only affects people who take those.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2014, 09:13:10 pm »

I imagine it doesn't affect Ancient Gamble due to silly things happening if so.

Personally, I'm okay with either a flat multiplier or the use of the luck stat. Either are nice and simple, with one making luck more useful.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2014, 09:21:51 pm »

Objection: Someone with maxed luck and the Miracle skill would have a 60% flat chance of never dying. Ever.

If we do go the LCKx2 route, we need to change how Miracle works, and have it only ever leave you with 1 hp, and not activate if you only have 1 hp.

EDIT: @Xan: I don't think the decision we eventually make regarding the character skills should necessarily reflect what we do with the class skills. Let's leave them separate, at least for now.

And yeah, that'd make Ancient Gamble downright reliable. Also, how often can Shamans do that? As it is in the 1.20 handbook, it seems like they can do it every round, twice if they're danced. That doesn't seem right, especially since it isn't much of a gamble with no downside to failing the check (other than not getting the bonus DAM, that is)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2014, 09:24:10 pm »

Just make it like Assassination, where the chance is capped at 40% or something?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 300