Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 297864 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums Balance and Ideas Thread
« Reply #480 on: April 10, 2014, 07:58:12 pm »

Exactly. And STR can still be useful to Shamans if they choose to grab Center.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 10, 2014, 09:41:42 pm »

What if you had to sacrifice HP, and then it slowly returned? It fits the theme of Dark Magic, and nobody would debate that temporarily sacrificing HP to gain combat bonuses is a gamble.

And, no rolling!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 09:43:28 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 10, 2014, 09:54:58 pm »

They already have the weakest of the mage abilities, really, with how much investment in strength they need to rework it. Is weakening it further really a good idea?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 10, 2014, 10:02:58 pm »

This is more of a replacement than a weakening. I mean, you could add str as well, but that could get out of hand fast.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 10, 2014, 10:05:56 pm »

Actually, I'd argue that this is strengthening it, considering a druid can get their CON pretty decent (10 I think?). Nothing bad with that, mind you, as it has a use to the druid without an investment in a designated dump stat for them. Its also dangerous because even with high speed, the druid's weighty tomes are gonna start slowing them down and they won't have the ability to immediately get it back as the monks do. I'd recommend a similar slow transfer back with monks as with this gamble, possibly.

It does bring into question though, with called magic, do you look at the weight of the magic you're using and use that as your weapon's weight, or do you use your current weapon? I could see this being used with Druid to give ailments a major boost.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 10:10:36 pm by Xanmyral »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 10, 2014, 10:13:34 pm »

Definitely the weight of the magic you use.

And this could make a Summoner with a body ring terrifying.

And the reason I suggested the accelerated transfer was because tanked AS is a pretty bitter pill to swallow.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 10, 2014, 10:22:35 pm »

I can very much agree with that, on all points. I'd suggest making it added to the base damage instead of a bonus to the magic stat, to avoid ailment shenanigans with druids. Unless that's intended, of course, but I think bonus damage was more intended.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 10, 2014, 10:24:28 pm »

Bonus damage was intended... but I personally feel no need to exclude staves from the boost.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 10, 2014, 10:26:32 pm »

Fair enough, but I just wanted to make it clear that each point of extra magic is worth an extra 5% to-hit on ailment magic. With ten points sunk in, you'll find even mages or high RES enemies falling under its sway. Which is rather fluffy, considering I think the shaman line is rather ailment oriented, but also something to raise an eyebrow at balance wise.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 10, 2014, 10:31:06 pm »

It's the perfect class skill. Not op by itself, strong applications even in the late game, and properly thematic.

Maybe a bit atrong with ailment staves, but they'll be sacrificing the lion's share of their AS and evade to do so.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 10, 2014, 10:34:13 pm »

That is true, but at the same time they don't really need AS or evasion for staffs, and with an extra ten magic, that's an extra five spaces of range they can add onto whatever ailment they cast. Late game, we're talking something with a range of 20. Most maps are twenty something in either/both x and/or y coordinate. This is like... Person who invented staffs level of staffing.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 10, 2014, 10:55:55 pm »

Hm. Well, it doesn't feel right to exclude staves from the boost. Maybe staves need a hard cap of 15 range?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 10, 2014, 11:00:38 pm »

I'd be game for that. You could say that this bonus mag is halved (rounding down) for staffs and call it a day though, still the boost but not as large. That way if someone wants to put forth con to boost their staffs, they'll need to shell out more.

I do agree with what you said earlier being a perfect class skill, something that would be useful at all levels instead of just late game or early game before becoming useless. Some classes have this pretty well, some not so much.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 11, 2014, 01:23:03 am »

One little thing I didn't exactly like when first discussing this is that they would have to spend a few turns getting their stats back to normal.

Who would like the stats to return to normal the next turn?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 300