Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 297325 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! Looking For Beginner Players!
« Reply #3870 on: September 25, 2017, 11:08:19 am »

I think a once per map shouldn't use weapon quality, so if we were going to do the chest thing I'd honestly say let them do it as often as they like. That said I'm not a huge fan of the concept.

Eeeh.

Not a fan. It's not terrible, but...

No real use for pirates if they already have a high AS. The defensive use of avoiding being doubled in exchange for an unreliable counterattack is removed by making it PP only. It feels like it'd be useful if you were just marginally below the AS needed for doubling enemies and not very relevant otherwise.

It'd probably be better if it added an extra attack in exchange for a set penalty, in my opinion, or even trading damage for speed - it'd fit better with a lighter, faster attack, and two hits would do more damage than one overall, with a better chance of triggering various skills.

I agree with pretty much everything here, and maintain that the 20 hit penalty in exchange for a second attack is a good framework, and that we can further balance it by giving a damage penalty if deemed necessary.

As for accusations of cheese: it is my opinion that the degree of cheese is the only thing worth examining. This game is at its best when we're examining how four different mechanics work together at once and using the result to upend a scenario.

That's just my opinion though.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: September 25, 2017, 11:24:24 am »

Maybe they have a once-per-map ability of smashing chests or something, so they don't need a key but it takes 1 use from their weapon?
Once per map they can do what the thief does already slightly differently?

I'm not a fan of abilities like that because quite frankly they're not going to come up all that much, even in games where the GM goes out the way to set that stuff up. Depending on the map it's a decent chance to never be relevant at all, which is quite definitely bad.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: September 25, 2017, 12:21:14 pm »

I could see it being helpful if it weren't a once-per-map thing, actually.  It would allow parties to not feel forced into dragging a thief, spy, or scavenger along with them, hypothetically, since it would give them a non-sword chest-opener.  It might be necessary to make it a touch more expensive (say, two weapons-uses per chest) to avoid it being flat-better than a thief who needs lockpicks. 

That said, I'm not sure we've had parties feel "forced" to take a thief or scavenger with them.  Unlike the games, most GMs in games with parties lacking lockpicking don't tend to make unavailable chests just to taunt the players to my recollection.  At the most, they'll dump the job on an NPC.  As such, that particular notion might be a solution in want of a problem.  Rather, if it did become a problem somewhere/somehow, Pirates could simply be given the Lockpick skill directly.  :P
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 12:25:54 pm by Culise »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: September 25, 2017, 01:07:04 pm »

Pirates get Percussive Unlocking which is Lockpick except it's 2 QL of any weapon of their choice
Black lives matter.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: September 25, 2017, 02:56:02 pm »

There's also the fact that we're not that sure what Pirate's identity is.
I feel like this is the real issue here. If you're not sure where you're supposed to be going, it's rather hard to get there. Thus far we've had like three different ideas people don't like because they're what another class does/should do.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: October 05, 2017, 06:25:09 pm »

Hey Soly, should the mage trainee starting weapons be one of wind/lightning/worm so that they aren't slowed down automatically if not light magic? That's a pretty standard change across the board these days

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: October 06, 2017, 01:55:50 am »

Yeah I don't know why it wasn't like that. It's in my own changes v:

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: October 06, 2017, 07:16:29 am »

Also while we're at it, myrms get kinda con screwed. They actually have less con than thieves and if you go into slash which seems to be the intended path, you can only use one sword without losing speed for slash weapons plus a few thrust swords and the wooden sword. Fencers get the same con but they do seem to be more intended to run thrust as opposed to slash given class weapons.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 08:09:19 am by Swordstar »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: October 30, 2017, 11:52:54 am »

IRC channel is going to get closed in about a month. People's are abandoning it one by one for Discord (which has much more channels and connects peeps from other forums also), and now that I can run Discord too, no point to loiter on obsolete things.

Up to CrickEt if he wants ownership to continue the channel but honestly I dun see point v;
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: October 30, 2017, 11:54:37 am »

Yeah, no real point in holding onto the IRC. I'm going to try to file out of there as well and into discord, work permitting. It was a good run.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: October 30, 2017, 11:59:18 am »

Exqueeze me but I need IRC for phone connecting. Mebbe after I get new phone I'll be able to run it but if you don't want ownership I could take care of it.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: October 30, 2017, 12:02:51 pm »

Okay ;v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: December 06, 2017, 03:15:34 pm »

Here it is, the latest version of the handbook in a compact version.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: December 23, 2017, 10:32:00 pm »

Pretty much just joined the forums for this game. Can't wait until a spot becomes open.
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: January 05, 2018, 04:48:00 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 300