Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 297311 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! Looking For Beginner Players!
« Reply #3810 on: August 13, 2017, 05:02:13 pm »

GM guide skeleton WiP. If anyone wants to add input to a specific section I'd like to hear it. Obviously none of the tables are present yet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: I also want to add some example map snippets with stuff to avoid and whatnot

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: August 13, 2017, 07:43:05 pm »

Maybe some suggestions on enemy "AI" would be helpful? The uses of enemy groups that just aggro when someone's in range, the effect of enemies that just mob vs. enemies that use more refined tactics, predictability (alright, these guys prefer to attack those who can't fight back, then those who they do a lot of damage to and take little from, then those that they just take little from...) vs. unpredictability (These guys are moving either with more refined tactics than to mob or are just moving seemingly at random). Basically, a section to give an idea of how the enemies should *act* as well as the one about their stats and organization.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: August 13, 2017, 11:31:31 pm »

Rotting Empire is recruiting!
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Zetaark

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a local librarian dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: August 14, 2017, 04:30:05 pm »

Smaller changelog with some Knight changes and clarification edits.

Spoiler: 1.Salt Changelist (click to show/hide)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: August 14, 2017, 04:53:11 pm »

I'm not sure how I feel about Salt's Butler/Maid (henceforth referred to as "Servant") class ability. The class in general seems a bit strong.

Being able to recover half the HP you heal...that's very very powerful in the right circumstances. Give them a Mend staff and they'll outheal (in terms of total HP restored in a turn) a Priest with the same amount of MAG. The disparity only gets worse as they promote and gain access to higher-leveled staffs. And make no mistake; just about every Servant, unless intentionally gimping themselves, will specialize in the Healing subcategory and thus gain access to those higher-leveled Healing staves. Neither they nor any of their promotions derive benefit from Ailment or Buff staves, but all of them have skills devoted specifically to Healing. And those promotions just make healing staves even more effective.

I dunno. Probably just my in-born conservatism speaking but it seems like every time someone introduces a new class they tend to overshine existing classes.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: August 14, 2017, 05:02:52 pm »

Being able to recover half the HP you heal...that's very very powerful in the right circumstances.

That's the thing of it. Priests have their selfheal almost always on, and they can heal their own status, but Servants need to use their action to get that benefit. It might be overspecializing a bit, which I don't like, but I didn't get any other good ideas to substitute with :v

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: August 14, 2017, 05:09:22 pm »

Anyone that can heal is going to be spending roughly 80% of their actions doing just that, so that isn't really a compelling argument. Besides, with performers a Servant can heal themselves and others twice in a single turn, while priests not only get a single self-heal each turn but also have to survive until the next Player Phase in order to get it. If they go into the Enemy Phase wounded they may well get knocked down first.

There's also the minor fact that even after using actions to heal, a Servant can still counter enemy attacks. Troubadours can do that as well, but they don't get any sources of self-healing other than items.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: August 14, 2017, 05:16:07 pm »

Servants pay for that capability with reduced options for staves, losing out on healing if they choose to perform anything that isn't healing, and split progression. They do have a higher ceiling as far as how much HP they can recover, but honestly they have a much much lower floor, and don't have a way to get around ailments like priests do.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: August 14, 2017, 05:17:56 pm »

They're also forced to split their growths unlike Priests, so they're going to lose out on healing some there. A lot of the time dances go to not healers unless the situation is extremely desperate in which case it's not the worst thing in the world to gain a bit of healing.

A lot of higher level staffs don't actually heal for much more than the lower ones do, they just have range or heal multiple people. Add in that priests heal themselves with any heal staff not just a staff that heals people (so soothe, etc) and it starts to balance out. Especially with the changes that have been made to saint and the extra stuff they get now.

Troub has always been a bit of a worse of class, yes, though now they get extra growth to str/mag which should help them somewhat. In general, their promos are a bit more interesting compared to priest and I think they can compare to the Steward and Bodyguard, since bodyguard especially requires investing in def to be useful and steward requires investing in luck to have one of their skills be useful. It's forcing you to invest in two offensive stats, plus at least one other stat which leaves not a lot of room to invest in others, which I think helps balance things out some.

Also never say never when it comes to weapon subcats, people will do plenty of things if they think it fits their character concept :v

Edit: Also troubs get better subcats in first class, though not in promoted class which is maybe something we should consider looking at? Giving them S in one rank and B in the other maybe?

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: August 14, 2017, 05:27:54 pm »

From what I can tell, "Servants" are supposed to be front-line healers. They're encouraged to be at risk of attack. Bodyguards are made to take hits for others, so the damage goes straight to them. Stewards have Miracle, to help them take a hit, and their slight increase of range..well, it doesn't really do much other than save money and encourage them to main a non-healing staff type, since lower rank staves now outclass some of their higher ranked versions by having greater durability. In fact, I had thought that maybe they should have an ability that lets them target an ally AND an enemy with (different) staves, as long as one was before their move and one was after (they would have to move).
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: August 15, 2017, 10:13:16 am »

There was some discussing earlier about how performers don't really fit in with the other classes with how they work, so in an attempt to make them more similar to how the other classes progress, Ochita and I came up with the following:

https://pastebin.com/gB7GC2sQ

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: August 19, 2017, 02:14:33 pm »

For the GMs interested in the progress, the "lets expand the armory and give a shitload of weapons so players don't need to always pick between two over and over(Worst offender being rank C crush weapons, as both are weapons with some sort of effect)" is still going. Just in a very slow pace lately. PS: Replaced Wind with Water there, and still balancing.

https://pastebin.com/BUim22Z2

And "killer" weapons for the subcategories lacking them here. Again none of these are fully balance or tested, some might give an underwhelming result, so feedback is important when testing them. Also jesus, blugdeon and crush weapons suuuucks.

https://pastebin.com/eiZE9nDy
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 02:19:43 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Zetaark

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a local librarian dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: August 24, 2017, 06:19:01 pm »

Just a small 1.Salt update with some pokes to Merc tree and a merciful dagger.

Spoiler:  1.Salt 8/24 update (click to show/hide)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 300