Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 297763 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! FEF2 HAS FINISHED!
« Reply #3150 on: September 13, 2016, 07:52:40 pm »

I still think they never should have been weak to Thunder magic honestly. I recall going through all the weapons and finding out Wyvern classes were weak to 1 in 3 weapons that exist.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: September 13, 2016, 08:02:39 pm »

I think they shouldn't be weak to wind but weak to thunder which seems to be general accepted thing

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: September 13, 2016, 08:12:25 pm »

Okay. So here's what I'm thinking about for further changes to classes:

- Shaman's ability is changed to 'Anthropomancy': Whenever this character lands the final blow on an enemy, they gain +10 to Evade and Dodge and +3 to Damage Reduction. Every turn one third of the bonus is removed, starting with Damage Reduction, then Evade and finally Dodge. This ability does not stack with itself. I obviously preferred the combat sacrifice idea over the self-sacrifice one (Anthropomancy is the divination of the future from human sacrifices after all). Hopefully the lack of offensive boosts keep it from being too easy to maintain/chain.
 - Hospitalier (Holy Guard) is staying the same for now because fuck if I know how to do a better healing skill.
 - Inquisitor gets to mess with attack/evade rolls 3 times per battle with no way to recharge. It brings them into line with the changes I made to Triangle Attack, just with hit/evade instead of crits. Though I should probably drop Triangle Attack down because even 3 crits per battle is a bit much.
 - Mage Knight now gets 'Redirect Magic': If an enemy attacks this character with an Anima, Light or Dark attack and misses, that unit loses an amount of HP equal to a third of that attack's damage. Is this more acceptable? Does it sound useful and interesting? Or does it need more adjustment?
 - Wyvern Hunter gets Pierce back, though without the 2 Defence ignoring or the +Half Luck chance to activate. Just (Skill)% chance to ruin someone's day. I kinda misread their original ability, which is why I confused it for Luna. So that's sorted out. Would adding some kind of anti-flyer skill to it be a good idea or is it fine now?
 - Wyvern Knight loses Armoured. Didn't realise it had it in the first place, honestly. Having both that and extra defence from Dragon Heart is kinda overpowered, yeah.

Have I missed anything? Did any other classes which I forgot need improvements or nerfs?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: September 13, 2016, 08:12:44 pm »

I think they shouldn't be weak to wind but weak to thunder which seems to be general accepted thing

Yeah, I consider that to be a fair alternative.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: September 13, 2016, 08:19:49 pm »

- Wyvern Knight loses Armoured. Didn't realise it had it in the first place, honestly. Having both that and extra defence from Dragon Heart is kinda overpowered, yeah.

Awwww.... I thought it was sorta cute. But I guess if that's what needs to be done. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Kinda a big nerf, +3 def and some AS when at high hp doesn't feel like a lot for a promoted class alone. But idk anything about balance.

Also 'Anthropomancy' seems to be a lot worse then before but still probably a lot better then their previous skill so arite.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 08:22:22 pm by Criptfeind »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: September 13, 2016, 08:27:28 pm »

It's a lot, trust me Cript.

Also stil ehhhh on mage knight. Part of their big thing has always been that they get some amount of physical weapons.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: September 13, 2016, 08:31:10 pm »

Probably, yeah. No clue how to build such a skill around a class entirely focused on magic though. Unless I do some variation of Omni-Weapon that uses MAG instead of STR/whatever.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: September 13, 2016, 08:43:23 pm »

I mean you could just give 'em 1.2 version. Or give 'em 1.3 version since they just get magic based weapons anyways

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: September 13, 2016, 08:58:58 pm »

Ugh. I really don't like the 1.3 version but I obviously can't think of anything better, so I might as well go with it.

Here are the latest set of changes to the game. Hopefully we've weeded most of the problems out with it. Hopefully?

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: September 13, 2016, 09:30:27 pm »

This is going to be my character. The face of a true friend.
  Except when you turn around.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: September 14, 2016, 01:28:14 am »

Ask USEC to give you iron sword with extra 10 Crit and name it 'Sickle'

There you go .'v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: September 14, 2016, 01:47:01 am »

You mean the shotel he's packing? :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: September 14, 2016, 02:05:44 am »

That could really do with some shading.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: September 14, 2016, 02:21:31 am »

It is shaded. I would know because I did it. :P

Open it up in an image editor and zoom in. The shading is just real subtle 'cause the armor is shiny.

CLARIFICATION EDIT: Shaded it, I mean. Praef did everything else on his own.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: September 14, 2016, 07:44:26 am »

The reason it looks like it isn't shaded gig is cause it only uses two bright colors for the armor against the dark black of the outline. Most armors will use four shades to get the shiny look SC was going for here. So while it is shaded, it still can look flat like it isn't if you're not looking for the shading.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 300