Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 297760 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! FEF2 HAS FINISHED!
« Reply #3135 on: September 13, 2016, 04:58:43 pm »

Its at or above hp-1

Also Lord is don't like concept and not sure about balance

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: September 13, 2016, 05:11:25 pm »

Huh, perhaps my assumption was wildly off base but I figured that +5 on full health was too strong, mix it with the wyvern knight powers and you're immune to (non bow) physical damage from anyone with lower strength then your defense pretty much.

Maybe that's okay for a promoted class power thou. "Immune to some enemies when at full hp"

At the very least, it's almost like... +5 max hp that increases by 5 every time you're fully healed. Seems good to me.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 05:18:14 pm by Criptfeind »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: September 13, 2016, 06:04:12 pm »

You also have to take into account weapon strength though. Admittedly, E and some D ranks will have trouble, but C and above should be able to do it no problem with Str/ cancelling out.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: September 13, 2016, 07:05:54 pm »

You also have to take into account weapon strength though. Admittedly, E and some D ranks will have trouble, but C and above should be able to do it no problem with Str/ cancelling out.

Well, that's what I mean, +5 from Scale, +3 from heart, +2 from PS and up to +6 from armored means that you can ignore any physical damage less then 46 with full defense. Even with maxed out strength most physical categories can't reach that high. Swords have a single S rank Crush weapon. Lances have three weapons that'll get though (two because they are effective and one S rank). Axes have six weapons (but on the other hand also have a subcategory dedicated to hurting such a character). Bows and mag weapons are still pretty good of course.

All and all, +5 for just a first class bonus seems strong. Knight gets less for what feels like a more situational ability. Maybe if it scaled like the knight ability did it might be less overwhelming at first and still allow super late game tanking?

Well this is theorycrafting a very tanky dude I guess. Perhaps doesn't hold up so well in reality, and I probably shouldn't be arguing against the effectiveness of the build I plan to sign up with...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 07:18:24 pm by Criptfeind »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: September 13, 2016, 07:27:36 pm »

So I have full on tonk version of Wyvern Knight. He's powerful but he's not infalliable. Magic still hurts. Effective damage is still a thing. And as soon as someone manages to do 2 damage, it drops down a lot.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: September 13, 2016, 07:33:42 pm »

How do you get Armored as a Wyvern Rider? I'm pretty sure that's a Knight thing.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3141 on: September 13, 2016, 07:34:19 pm »

How do you get Armored as a Wyvern Rider? I'm pretty sure that's a Knight thing.
Wyvern Knight gains Armored.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: September 13, 2016, 07:34:53 pm »

One of their promotes, Wyvern Knight, gets it as a class feature.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: September 13, 2016, 07:36:21 pm »

So I have full on tonk version of Wyvern Knight. He's powerful but he's not infalliable. Magic still hurts. Effective damage is still a thing. And as soon as someone manages to do 2 damage, it drops down a lot.

Ah well, I suppose that's the voice of experience then, and with dragon heart slightly toned down as well (assume you're using the stuff from the base book) a similar character in this game would presumably be somewhat weaker! My worries at least, are satisfied.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: September 13, 2016, 07:38:18 pm »

Oh wait. No no no no no Wyvern Knight should *not* keep armored, do not give armored to the Wyvern Knight. Also Dragon Heart is toned down in the same way.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: September 13, 2016, 07:39:02 pm »

Huh. I didn't know that. So Wyvern Hunter just sucks then? :v I mean sure, it gets a little more damage, but only against other flying classes... and the GM could just not put many flying enemies in, or if you have anyone with bows then they're not a problem anyway.

Not that I'm not going to go WH with Beryn anyway, because it would be OOC for him to start using swords.

@Ninja Sword: Agreed. Don't they already get Dragon Heart according to USEC's rules?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: September 13, 2016, 07:41:58 pm »

Wyvern Hunter gets Pierce in 1.3 so they're a lot better than 1.2 version

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: September 13, 2016, 07:44:21 pm »

Huuuh, I guess I was wrong about promo stuff. Ignore that part of my argument too.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: September 13, 2016, 07:45:29 pm »

I need to reread the 1.3 rules at some point; I'm almost always thinking the original rules.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: September 13, 2016, 07:46:52 pm »

Yeah, Wyvern Knight doesn't get Armored or Dragon Heart in Hasp 1.2 games. They get upgraded scales and lose their weakness to thunder if I remember correctly
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 300