Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 299035 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub!
« Reply #2220 on: November 28, 2014, 12:05:02 pm »

I know, but handaxes are smaller axes to me. Ah well.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

CecilHoshino

• Bay Watcher
  • Guidebook Amateur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: November 29, 2014, 05:09:47 pm »

If the issue of Sanctuary isn't already dead and buried, why not this as an alternative?

Sanctuary
Activated Effect
By using an action, the Bishop can create a protective aura around an allied unit for up to 5 (arbitrary number) turns. While the aura is around the ally, they cannot be targeted by enemy attacks, spells, or ailments. However, if, at any time, the allied unit attacks an enemy or attempts to apply an ailment to an enemy, whether they were successful or not, the aura is dispelled and they can be targeted by enemy actions again. This skill cannot be used while an ally is already under the effect of Sanctuary, and it cannot be used on the same ally consecutively.

As for Performers, they were just as game breaking in practice in standard FE games, as well, to the point where, aside from the early game Cavaliers, the early game prepromote, and the occasional tier breaker (ie: Ruthgar from FE6), Performers were basically first pick material in any draft run of a game (it's a thing that happens). If there is enough of a need to nerf, I can think of a few that might work well together.
  • The party can only have, at max, two Performers
  • Performers cannot use their skills on each other; Dancers cannot target other Performers, and Performers will be unaffected by Bards even if they're in range
  • This is the big red button that could alter the entire course of things, but just might be what's needed to help translate Bards and Dancers from the games to the tabletop: Allies who are under the effect of a Performance do not get a second Attack or Ailment; they must use their second turn to do something else, like Move, Trade, Rescue, Heal, or Buff. Ideally, this also solves the issue of Lore Masters, Enchanters, and Blade Dancers having little reason to use their special techniques in favour of just spamming the Performance over and over, making it a choice of allowing an ally to attack and do something else vs a super attack, rather than the dominant strategy of two attacks.

As for why Dancers are the ranged Performance while Bards are the adjacent, that came from what their special Weapons are all about. I wanted to make Dances the debuffer to be used against enemies, while Bards were the party buffers. Also known as the Final Fantasy style. To accommodate for this, Dancers had to be able to target enemies without putting themselves in TOO much danger, thus they got the range option.

Lorewise, maybe in the heat of battle, it's hard to hear the Bard unless you're close to them, while you can still see the Dancer's sick moves.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: November 29, 2014, 05:15:01 pm »

Haspen already applied the first two measures and it's still too much :v
I think limit to 1 is the best option.

As for newSanctuary, reminds me of HoMM 4's Sanctuary spell. 5 turns might be a little too broken. And we'd have to test it anyways.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: November 29, 2014, 05:32:07 pm »

Really liking that third option for performers.

As for the proposed new Sanctuary... Maybe. It'll be hard to make a call before any playtesting.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: November 29, 2014, 05:35:52 pm »

I wholeheartedly support option 3 for performers.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: November 29, 2014, 05:38:58 pm »

Since we seem to be saying yay or nay, throwing in on nay.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: November 29, 2014, 05:53:18 pm »

I personally like the third option for performers. Would be nice to see them actually use their buffs and debuffs or weapons. I might suggest a tweak though that a unit may attack with their performed turn, but only if they haven't attacked their original turn.

As for the revised sanctuary, I'm personally not sure. I would see this primarily used on other healers (possibly the caster) or performers, since they won't break it, sorta akin to the DnD sanctuary.

It may lead to a situation where they cast it on said healer, and when it wears off they cast it on a person fighting so that it gets dispelled the same turn, so it can be cast on the healer the next turn again. Might be good to apply a clause where it restricts the affected from doing things that would break it on the turn that it's cast.

Edits because I hate phones
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 09:12:13 pm by Xanmyral »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: November 29, 2014, 09:04:28 pm »

Giving the old sanctuary a form of endurance instead of full immunity would be interesting, yeah.

CecilHoshino

• Bay Watcher
  • Guidebook Amateur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: December 01, 2014, 02:52:57 am »

So, let's say the Bishop has a RES of 20 and a MAG of 15 (they freshly promoted and focused on support stats in this example). Their Sanctuary would have an Endurance of 3 ([20+15]/10, rounded down), absorbing 3 attacks or lasting 3 rounds, whichever comes first. Of course, deliberately attacking a zone of Sanctuary in an attempt to break it seems like a rather vile thing to do, so...good way to establish the depravity of certain enemies, yeah.

(this could be where 6 attacks/3 turns might come into play, in this example).

For my revised Sanctuary idea, yeah, 5 was just an arbitrary number picked at random. In practise, I think it'd be more reasonable lasting 2 or 3 rounds, depending on how test results show.

Even if we limited the Performer clause to just "no more than two," there should at least also be a stipulation of "No slow and steady performance chain," where one Performs for the other, then the other moves one space ahead but still adjacent to their ally and performs, then they in turn move on space ahead and performs, etc, etc, and suddenly you've crossed the map.

If the nuke button Option 3 was revised to "Allies can only make one Attack per Phase, whether that's their first turn, or the turn granted to them by performance" to allow for moving into position and THEN attacking (instead of limiting it to attacking and then moving into a new position), would it still be too much of a nerf, do you think?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: December 06, 2014, 06:12:40 am »

This is what Solymr asked for aka Alchemist promotion called 'Witcher':

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 06:39:31 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: December 06, 2014, 06:21:39 am »

Approved :v
I would shift the DEF point to HP imo tho

Aboot sanctuary and performers: limited durability sanctuary looks cool to me. We should keep exploring other options. About the performnuke n3 I think it would be too much of a nerf, where one performer isn't much worth to the team.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 06:24:32 am by Solymr »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: December 06, 2014, 10:22:56 am »

Also, the Supply Line auto-healing seems like quite a lot when it goes five spaces out. Three spaces might be more reasonable.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: December 06, 2014, 02:27:01 pm »

Ok, can we have a quick discussion about the ability to put 0% growth in a stat? From my understanding, it was you could put 0% in either str or mag if you were never going to use them, aka a mage can put 0 in str but an archer can't put 0 in str even if they plan on using crossbows 24/7. So then my question comes in, what about mixed characters? Are they required to put some amount of growth into both str and mag? If so, I feel like mixed characters should gain some extra growth, just to help make up for that. Not until they're mixed. So like, a thief trainee wouldn't gain any extra growth until they promote into Scav. Thoughts?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: December 06, 2014, 02:30:01 pm »

Also, the Supply Line auto-healing seems like quite a lot when it goes five spaces out. Three spaces might be more reasonable.
Even though we got our butts kicked in NoH anyway?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: December 06, 2014, 02:32:24 pm »

Even though we got our butts kicked in NoH anyway?
Don't go there in my thread bro.

On 0% prog: I allow it for better specialization. If it ends up as crippling overspecialization is not my problem.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 300