Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 299018 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub!
« Reply #2190 on: November 27, 2014, 02:27:14 am »

I'm still not sure why suddenly performers need nerfing. It feels like it's gotten to the point where now things are being changed for the sake of being changed.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: November 27, 2014, 03:20:53 am »

I feel like people are forgetting that dancers can perform for maximum 2 people, not just 1.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: November 27, 2014, 04:06:58 am »

I agree with SerCon. Just let GMs limit their games to a single performer if they wish and let the players choose if they want more flexibility with placement (Dancer) or the ability to potentially boost more people (Bard).
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: November 27, 2014, 06:44:33 am »

I feel like people are forgetting that dancers can perform for maximum 2 people, not just 1.
I feel like the emphasis on Performer TRAINEEs and Dancers/Bards should be...made more. :P

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: November 27, 2014, 01:31:18 pm »

The bigger issue for me is that their base ability ((Performing)) is way better than their other abilities ((Boost/Nerf Instrument/Dances)). There is rarely ever a reason that a performer would choose to use a performance item over the normal every day you move twice now performances. EVER.

Performances outshine anything else they can do, making their other abilities painfully obsolete. However... An idea.

Performers are nerfed to only performing on one person. Dancers retain the ability to perform at a range. As a consequence, their new quirk is that while performing they can choose to buff their ally by expending one of their Instrument/Dances. Less double turns and more buffs.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: November 27, 2014, 01:35:05 pm »

That's the enchanter's gimmick: performing and buffing at the same time.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: November 27, 2014, 01:37:36 pm »

That's the enchanter's gimmick: performing and buffing at the same time.

Yes, yes it is. I'm saying it should become a "not gimmick" and more of a supported action. It's too damn cool not to be available for everyone.

A new gimmick can be found for the Enchanter that supports the change.
BIRDS.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: November 27, 2014, 01:44:34 pm »

The Enchanter is already just not as good as the Lore Master. Their other ability, the Turncoat status, only lasts one turn and has a lower hit rate than most ailment staffs (plus, unlike ailment staffs, the chances goes down each time you use it on the same enemy). Lore Master, meanwhile, can still perform as the class they leveled-up from and can support in other ways, such as healing or attacking low-RES units. This change would just make it absolutely pointless to ever class into Enchanter, whereas right now you can still make a case for having good instruments/lyrics to buff with. So, yeah, I don't support changing performers at all.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: November 27, 2014, 01:47:48 pm »

I never said they couldn't, Blade. I was more pointing out that Lore Masters still can in addition to having a better class ability.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: November 27, 2014, 01:51:32 pm »

I dunno, seems to me that enchanter is the better class since they can buff and refresh 4 people with one action. The lore master could heal or attack, this is true... But why bother when they can boost at least a couple teammates to do it better?

And I disagree with the idea of Enchanter's special going to first class performers- they're strong enough.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: November 27, 2014, 01:55:13 pm »

I have been misunderstood... Again. >.>

Equalization.

Once the ability to perform for multiple people as a base ability is removed, the ability to perform for multiple people at once becomes a prime ability to have and a bonus as opposed to being expected. The change for the Enchanter could be as simple as they gain the ability to perform for two or more people at once and apply the same buff to both of them.
BIRDS.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: November 27, 2014, 03:12:04 pm »

I think the performers are good as they are. As long as it's limited to 1 per game.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: November 27, 2014, 03:14:08 pm »

I think the performers are good as they are. As long as it's limited to 1 per game.

* Haspen grumbles.

Where were you when FEF2 started :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: November 27, 2014, 04:04:00 pm »

Birdy, whether you mean 'only enchanter can dance multiple people' or 'any performer can buff and dance at the same time' I still don't like any of your proposed changes. I mean, way to completely nerf a class that is already rarely played. I can only think of five performers off the top of my head out of the ten or so FEFs I've been in, and two of them (Sophie and Alima) are in basically dead games and another two are in the same game, as Hasp is lamenting. It's not such a popular choice that it's breaking things. Seriously. Just say 'one per game' and you've put enough restrictions on it that it won't upset anything.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 300