Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 298840 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

I forgot to ask, Cecil, what is the duration of the Imbue Arrow effects?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I don't think the third option is very well balanced. Wind magic gets off easy - it is already the most accurate of the anima schools but gets reduced the least.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, third option is closer to the original, Blade suggested that fire was a middle point between those two :v

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Screw it I'm done waiting. -3 dam for fire it is.
Next poll up.

Also how about giving some numbers to Stillness and Provoke?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

I vote nay on giving them numbers, for the record.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

If we can see some stuff on how they work in the games, maybe.

I give them a 50/50 chance to activate with any given enemy in range.

Edit: Well, the FE wiki was unhelpful. It doesn't give hard numbers to either skill (or shade, which is a weaker version of stillness, apparently.)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It doesn't give numbers for Stillness because it's literally straight up "You can attack someone else? Good, go do that." Dunno about Provoke, but I assume it's similar.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's worth noting though that Stillness is a 25 cost skill in Radiant Dawn, which is pretty pricey.

Provoke and Shade are much cheaper, and since Provoke and Stillness in the book are free skills, not cost skills, I think we shouldn't have it always re-direct enemy attacks.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I wasn't trying to suggest that we should have it be an always thing. I'm perfectly content to keep doing 50/50 chance. That one makes the most sense to me tbh. Either that or let each GM decide how to handle it.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hope rolep read the poll cause his post confused me :v

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

I was referring to Stillness and Provoke. I don't think they should be quantified by numbers like that, and I think that with it saying 'most' and whatnot, it shouldn't be 50/50 if we do have to have numbers. I think it should be handled on a case by case basis based on circumstances, the enemy type, and the character's recent actions. A myrmidon getting taunted by a knight while a healer sits in front of him? Yeah, right. A mercenary getting taunted by a knight while facing down a Fighter who's in good shape? Far more likely to go fuck with the big armored dude.

Stillness is the same way; if you've been killing a friend of their's every turn, and the only guy near you is a healer or something? He's coming for your throat. If you're a weaselly little Spy who hasn't managed to do much more than annoy people? Meh, you're not important.

Maybe extreme or bad examples, but I think it gets the point across.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, I don't think recent actions should play into it. The enemies on the field (barred named ones) aren't really characters, and shouldn't be treated as such, otherwise things get arbitrary very quickly.

And neither skill has the word most in the description. Provoke says you are more likely to be attacked, and Stillness says you are much less likely to be attacked.

I think a 50/50 shot of forcing/preventing attacks on the character if other targets are present is reasonable.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think that taking into account what class people are should affect things either. Otherwise, you'll have a healer with stillness being all "no don't hurt me" and then a fighter looking around and saying "well, you can't hurt me, lets attack you even though you're trying to hide"

Normal enemy AI has some of that in it already. A fighter is more likely to attack a lancer user than a sword user for instance. Stillness and provoke need to counteract that to an extent.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Momentum has been uncapped! Rejoice Celerity users!

Next poll up, but can change soon.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 300