Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 297493 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums Balance and Ideas Thread
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2014, 05:24:15 pm »

Perhaps its best to move away from class discussions and into a hopefully easier one then: should the weapons in 1.22 be used over the ones in 1.20? Should we keep the weapons removed (albeit changed slight in line as the other weapons) along with the new ones that replace them, or let them collect dust and save ourselves some work? Should we do then same with items?

I personally vote yes to all and neutral to the removed weapons.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2014, 06:49:43 pm »

Which weapons were removed? A quick skim of both reveals there to be 2 weapons for each rank of any given subcategory, plus classlocked weapons. I couldn't be bothered to pore over all the differences.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2014, 10:41:40 pm »

Quick Summery Of What Happened:
- Weight of weapons rebalanced. Mostly with more weight being added but a few had their weight reduced. No more S rank recurve bows that weigh six, no more light siege magic that only weighs ten.
- Very few weapons had rises/drops of damage, but I believe the largest change was just of two damage.
- Few weapons had their accuracy fall or rise (most notable in my mind is siege magic dropped uniformly (except for dark siege magic))
- Killer weapons no longer have a crit range of 30, now 25. A few other weapon's critical rates rose and fell, fire now has a killer weapon.
- Tsuragi (S Ranked Slash Sword) got removed for Rukuud (Slightly less damage, less hit, double crit and +3 Res when equipped)
- Spy special weapons got downed to A rank (so now Master Spies can use them) and they gained a second special weapon, Hidden Gun (crossbow that also has a 50 Crit rate, also A ranked) so now archer trainees don't get screwed over if they go spy (prior, they would of never been able to use the spy's special weapon because it required an S rank in swords, but if they went assassin they would of gained an S rank in bows). Technically, now a Master Spy, who went from having no access to the spy's hidden weapon, now has access to two while the assassin only has access to one.
- A ruling on which special weapon a promote can use if multiple classes can go into that promotion (above the special class weapons)
- More Ballista type weapons, one even an S rank (as in requires someone puts that as their specialty)
- Some weapons got shuffled around on when their available, with their stats changed to show
- There is a hack weapon that is 1-2, amusingly, I assume similar to the BFS that is the Claymore.

Few other weapons got removed, some got added. This isn't by any means a thorough summery, as this is all from memory and a quick glance.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2014, 11:07:15 am »

Way to derail guys :V
We haven't even finished the stat% stuff. I'll put it on the list unless someone says something. Final words?

About fencer and other classwankery, I'd rather have low-powered than uberpowered but very conditional stuff.

And for the weapons, v1.22 is good but some subcategories still need love. Praef did a nice rework of bludgeons that I'm too lazy to go and find right now.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2014, 12:32:34 pm »

I personally feel the subcategories are good as they are. The only one I really see the need to tweak is Ward magic because its rather lack luster.

Also, almost forgot: staffs and performances actually have weights in 1.22

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 31, 2014, 12:37:45 pm »

Warding is the dungiest subcategory right now. I propose that serves a similar purpose as Ancient magic but giving buffs to the user instead of debuffs to the enemy.

Also druidic magic is kinda crap. It and judgement are quite restricted about targets but at least judgement gets effective damage.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2014, 12:39:29 pm »

Right, we should really compile all of our attempted fixes here. Last I recall, Haspen made Druidic magic effective against what it trumps, but those it loses to effective against the user in turn. Makes it very gamble-y which I respect.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2014, 12:42:49 pm »

That's a little extreme tho :V judgement don't get that kind of downside.
My idea is that they get double MT vs their trumped weapon and weapon disadvantage vs any other weapon.

And changing poll right about nao

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 31, 2014, 12:44:45 pm »

I admit I may be remembering it wrong, I'll try to see if I can find his ruling. It was in an NEF if I recall.

Its effectivity against a weapon branch, not a class. A weapon type can be held by many classes. Wider margin of effectivity, penalty for it on the return. Shallower margin of effectivity, no penalty on the return.

Besides, look at the S rank Druid magic.

EDIT: Found it, I was indeed off.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 12:50:04 pm by Xanmyral »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2014, 12:48:46 pm »

What are the chances of people getting S rank weapons :V
Besides Imhullu makes you immune to anything not dark magic.

Btw gonna leave the poll a little longer until I decide what to replace it with.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 31, 2014, 07:20:25 pm »

The way he handles Druid magic makes Judgement magic obsolete. Particularly at S rank.

As well, Thrusting subcategory in swords is overpowered. Jian outstrips the Wo Dao in every way, and the Colichemarde is a better version of the Silver Blade. Iron Rapier is better in every way than Iron Sword save QL.

Druid Magic, by the way, is the ultimate counter to Imhullu. Pure Darkness slaughters it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2014, 07:24:57 pm »

* Xanmyral continues to point at 1.22's weapon section.

Jian was removed and replaced, Wo Dao got a boost.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 31, 2014, 07:29:10 pm »

What happened to the rest of the Pierce weapons? The last three?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 31, 2014, 07:30:15 pm »

Got cut off accidentally, most likely. From what I saw in the Pierce sub category, they wouldn't of changed much most likely. I don't recall many alterations there.

EDIT: Nah, there were some changes. Spitballing it, my guess is this:

Silver Lance's weight is now 16/17
Wind Lance's Weight now 18
Silver Great Lance left alone, maybe a +1 damage boost.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 07:34:55 pm by Xanmyral »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 31, 2014, 07:33:03 pm »

Even in 1.22, the Iron Rapier outperforms the Iron Sword in every way but Quality, which is nonsense. It even has native crit for goodness sake.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 300