Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 298275 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

There are 15 threads related to Fire Emblem on Forums on the first 5 pages of the board. It is time to get your own subforum.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

While flattering, I'm not sure how many would agree. We need more bodies, new blood. The old is starting to coagulate a touch, I fear.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

I'm somewhat inclined to agree, yet at the same time, I agree with Xanmyral, as there aren't many new players, most of them being FEF1 veterans and only the ocasional new player. I say that we make a subboard if the next NEF gains enough popularity or something.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Welp, it's up to Toady god since he's the one that can make subboards :P

So, what do you think of my idea for druidic/warding magic?

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New Warding/Druidic sound good to me.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Well, even with Fire Emblem 1 and the Dream Mission ending, we've got-

FEF2
NEF2
NEF2-2 (That is a weird numbering system, I tell you hwhat)
FEF NoH
FEF GoR
FEF TDG
FEF SH
and upcoming games from Solymr and others.

EDIT: And honestly, most of the people with an interest in this game are here because they saw Fire Emblem and spazzed out with glee (Except Xanmyral, I think he mentioned never having played FE before). We should keep getting the occasional new recruit even with our own properly labeled subboard.

Also, if we do get our own sub-board, first thing I'm doing is making a directory for it.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Making a sub-board would surely give you more attention, because it's a new thing and right on top of the page. I know I gave Einsteinian Roulette a once-over because of its sub-board that I probably wouldn't have given it otherwise. You should ask ToadyOne.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's an idea to consider, for sure, I just fear that while we have enough threads to warrant it, do we have enough people? ER has some twenty to thirty people while I think we number the lower tens.

Nothing says it can't just be rescinded though I suppose. I'm kinda with BMW here. It's something to seriously consider, but at the moment we're still at the threshold than over it.

Also, I joined 'cause tactical RPG. Never finished a FE game.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mean, it seems like a good idea, but I say we wait for at least NEF2 to end, and maybe NEF2-3 to start, and see how many new people we get from that. Having a subboard would have a lot of advantages, however, such as being able to put a dedicated tutorial on how to create maps for FEF's, or how to do basic splicing and such. We could also have NEF's be like Bm's are on the Mafia Board, as an introduction to FEF for new players.
However, all of this can wait until we clarify this discussion.
Also
I'm kinda with BMW here.
don'cha mean BMM? :P

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Phhhhoooooooooooooooooooooone!

* Xanmyral shakes his fist at the sky as ominous thunder peals from the horizon.

On one hand, I want to turn auto correct off. On the other hand it makes general typing much easier.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

What I want to know is, how hard is it for Toady to make us a new subforum? If it's going to take him two minutes to click "make new subforum", type the words "Fire Emblem on Forums", hit enter, and wait for us to move all our threads there, I say we request it. It's not like it would hurt the rest of FG&R.

On the other hand if he has to sign something in triplicate, pay a $30 handling fee, wait 4-6 months for approval, juggle while riding a unicycle, and pay an extra $5 per month for extra server upkeep, maybe we should take it easy on the poor guy.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

That's a fair point. If it's more than 5 minutes of effort, I dunno that it's worth the trouble at this juncture.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have used this forum software before. It is less than 5 minutes, especially if you link all the threads to be moved to him (16 of them on first 10 pages last I checked). IIRC, it's five clicks and a description to make the subforum, and three clicks per thread (four counting link).
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 06:23:04 pm by Squeegy »
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 300