Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 298210 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

I think we should leave these two alone because it's very hard to make them work without intervention of the GM.

I think Parity is fine, but Awareness has too little benefit as is- Make it free instead of Cost, and if a GM wants to give all enemies class skills, they can change it back for the game.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Just because it's only good against bosses doesn't make it bad.

Just like tile/terrain-based skills aren't bad either?

Its a hilariously situation skill because of how GMs play the game, which is that only bosses have class skills, maybe character skills. Even then, its more harm than good because it also blocks yours and your personal skills, which so far we've only seen NPCs with. Supports we've only seen twice, which speaks clearly about how often that comes up.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

True, does no good and is just poor sport to bash something without an alternative. I'll rest the case until I can think of something to offer, nothing's really coming to mind as an easy fix right now sadly.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Unless someone figures how to make them viable, the easiest solution is to chopchop them out.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I see no call to do that. Just leave them be. Unlike class skills, these don't directly effect class performance, and therefore don't require direct intervention at this time. Just leave them where they are. It's not like a free Aether or something.

Okay, can we move on to stuff we can fix yet?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You were the one wanting to do character skills and I'm going to sleep now so no :I

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had never expressed an interest in fooling with Parity or Awareness before today.

Other character skill issues plz

EDIT: Anonymous no vote: Please explain yourself. I am interested in your opinion.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How does the bishop moving while having sanctuary cast effect units not within the sanctuary?

Can the bishop not move to where the shield would let units that weren't originally in it would be inside (similar to how they cannot move to where any unit that was originally inside the shield is now outside of its protection and possibly how it may be intended due to wording), or can they envelop new units into their shield so long as they don't exclude those originally included?

Will there be a cool down for the skill? Does the activation eat up their non-moving action and still allow them to move or is it free? Is there a way to break it if there is no cool down? 'Cause I can see a bishop easily holding a corridor by themselves by just activating this over and over again. Granted, people are now down a healer and that most likely really bites, and people can't attack units on the other side of the shield if inside of it.

I like the skill 'cause shield, but it needs a bit of clarifications and possible reworking due to shenanigans.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ooookay.

On the Bishop's turn, they can use their standard action to set up the sanctuary zone. This means they need to move first or not at all on the initial turn. On the following turn, the zone is still in place until the Bishop completes their turn. If they choose to move the next turn, they can only move as far as they can without leaving behind units who were still in the zone at the beginning of their action. If they do anything but maintain the zone, it dissipates. If they use their action to maintain the zone, the same thing goes on next turn.

The zone cannot envelope units who were outside it at the time of casting, as the description states that no attacks or any unit can enter the zone. It can envelope enemy units at the time of casting however, if they are in range, temporarily separating them from their comrades. However, the Bishop cannot counter attack while maintaining the zone. Units can leave the zone at any time, but cannot re-enter.

A Bishop who has received an additional turn must use their second action to either set up or maintain the zone, or it dissipates.

That's how I see it anyhow.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sol, Luna and Ignis approved! Next poll up.

I don't think there's any reason for the Bishop to activate the Sanctuary first and then move, but it's fine to say they can use their action to Sanctuary and then move.
I do think that it only lasts until the next player/enemy/ally phase, and I'm not sure if units inside the circle can move out of it on their own accord (bishop trolling? :V).

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If it only lasts until the beginning of the next phase, there's no reason to disallow moving in such a way that'd leave behind people who were in it. I think it stays up between turns until the Bishop does something else.

I think it makes sense for units to be able to go out, but not in.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You mean the Sanctuary stays until the Bishop undoes it? Kinda makes sense since attacks can't move in or out.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait isn't that the same I said :o
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 300