Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 298206 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Are yoy kidding me I want to finish this year >:V
List of changes:

New skills:
Sol: SKL+LCK% chance of healing half damage done on each attack. COST
Luna: SKL+LCK% chance of ignoring half the defensive stats of enemy on each attack. COST
Ignis: SKL+LCK% chance of adding half STR to magical attacks or half MAG to physical attacks on each attack.

Significant changes:
Miracle: if activated the character is left at 1 HP. Can't activate at 1 HP.
Blossom: +5% progression to all stats.

Small changes:
Discipline: you can choose what rank to advance.
Charisma and Daunt: they don't stack.

Gone skills:
Reinforce and Corrosion.

Nullify shall be put apart.

So getting back to these skills- Can we at least separate their voting by types as you have them divided here? It'd be simple to do, and would help with low options voting.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

That I can do better.
But I need a final answer to the Hunter's name :-X

Edit: welp since there is a tie between yes or no let's do both. Bounty Hunters can also be named Treasure Hunters like Nomads/Bow Knights :>
Changing poll soon.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 09:39:41 am by Solymr »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It should be pointed out that Miracle and all the other old stat based skills are the previous activation rate +luck

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

I just want to say that I dislike parity as it is now. The idea behind it is nice and I like it, but right now its just an NPC ability, which stinks. I think it was made with the assumption that enemies would have their class skills.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh right that was so shit I completely forgot about it.
Should we remove it? That way we keep the same amount of skills.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Parity also ignores terrain so it's not entirely useless against non bosses.

Awareness should probably be free rather than cost though.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awareness and parity could be put together in a new skill that denies enemy bonuses from terrain, skills, etc. Keeping it cost obv.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well parity is an activated effect, and also denies bonuses to the user. It'd be strange to blend them.

I think they should remain separate.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't like either of those :V
If GMs used more enemies with skills Awareness would be good, and if Parity didn't remove the player's bonus it wouldn't be so crap.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The problem with parity is that it's very situational.  And later in the game, the penalties for using it become more extreme.  It's not a bad skill though.

And if we changed Awareness to ignoring skills and support and terrain it would be broken even with being cost.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Only against bosses. Even then, just skills so I hesitate to call it broken. FFS is the only person who made bosses with Support, most people don't actually put bosses (or leave them there) on good terrain, and bosses are the only people with skills.

It'll actually be handy when/if my game goes up, although the lack of personal skills and supports would still be a detract against it.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What about those two NPCs in the initial fortress Kesselring map? They had support, and probably skills too, I forget.

Okay, so what Awareness currently does is ignore class and character skills. As most games only have that for bosses and other named enemies, I think this should be free, not cost. Also, in 1.22, it also ignores their personal skills, but leaves their faults, not that most enemies have them.

I still think Parity has enough situational use that it doesn't need a revamp. For example, it would be deadly against Prixima, who likely has 3 or more character skills and some nasty special class features as well. Just because it's only good against bosses doesn't make it bad. That's like saying crossbows are lousy because they're heavy and only do good damage against fliers.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seems like it would be most useful for enemies that for actual players.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seems like it would be most useful for enemies that for actual players.

Well yeah. But only because most enemies don't have it. That doesn't diminish its usefulness to a player.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think we should leave these two alone because it's very hard to make them work without intervention of the GM.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 300