Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 298200 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Well, I did, and I may again if we go under Haspen's rules.

Getting a cost skill back isn't really worth it honestly, that's a lot of levels you've lost out on those thirty points.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Well, I don't really like Nullify only protecting from one avenue of effective damage, so I guess that skill's out.

Any better ideas?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Keep Nullify free, but make it drop effective damage to 2x instead of 3x? And then Wyvern Knight could stack with it to completely eliminate effective damage maybe?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why not? I like it personally, better than all of them and for most classes that's all you really need.

Wyvern tree is the only real tree with three different branches of weapons effective against them, knight tree only has one, mounted only has one, pegasi have two. Any other class doesn't really have anything to worry about that much because the amount of weapons effective against them are rather slim.

Nothing wrong with making it cost though, long as it maintains the whole of the protection, but having a cost skill that can outshine a promoted class skill strikes me as, well, weird.

There's not really a whole lot of ways you can take it. Maybe just lessen the effects, instead of MTx3 its MTx2, and with the wyvern knight promote it would lower to x1, normal damage. That way they both remain unique but work together nicely. Could do something similar with the paladin, a clause saying that if they already have nullify it removes effective damage.

Fake Edit: I need to buy a tinfoil hat.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Night BMM.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Anyways stealing limit seems pretty clear. Next stuff should be character skills or wyvern promotes. Or apparently both since Nullify is getting stuff.
Btw I forgot to put Nullify in the list but I wanted to add the Haspen change of Nullify only nullifying one aspect of weakness: horseback, flying, wyvern, etc.

One last thing: 2x effective damage is still a lot, and removing thunder weakness on top of it feels like giving them mixed stuff. I suggest reducing all effective damage to 1.5x without removing thunder as weakness. That way effective damage is still useful but doesn't kick the wyvern's ass.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Point me one GM that is interested in calculating 1.5x DMG :P

* Haspen isn't :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since you're already gonna ignore half of this stuff I don't really care :P

Btw in Fallot Emblem I'm going to use all of this.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Btw in Fallow Emblem I'm going to use all of this.
ftfy
Ah yes, the Fallow Emblem, where mighty team of newbie farmers battle the evil Princess Weed to save the young eggplants from monster ants.

:P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PFFFFFF
I'm laughing too much to fix that

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

I wonder why the people who put this together heard Bounty Hunter and thought 'dude who steals weapons'. I don't need to tell you people that that isn't how bounty hunters usually work.
How "bounty hunting" works:
1) kill
2) obtain money / loot

I mean, sure, the people you kill in Fire Emblem may not necessarily have official bounties placed on them, but got paid don't care.

Keep Nullify free, but make it drop effective damage to 2x instead of 3x? And then Wyvern Knight could stack with it to completely eliminate effective damage maybe?
I like 'dis. Assuming Nullify works on all of one's weaknesses.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let's decide first what Nullify should do instead of linking it directly to Wyvern Knight. Why don't you think some other ability for it? :v

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Time to officially swap to fixing character skills.

Right after we vote on changing the name of Bounty Hunter to Treasure Hunter. It works so well!

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Time to officially swap to fixing character skills.

Right after we vote on changing the name of Bounty Hunter to Treasure Hunter. It works so well!
Didn't we say we were renaming Scavenger to Bounty Hunter and Bounty Hunter to Scavenger?
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 300