Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Crawl 0.14 Tournament - Finished  (Read 20866 times)

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crawl 0.14 Tournament - Bay12 looking for players (starts April 11th)
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2014, 02:59:17 pm »

Yeah, it would be nice to have the Miners have more than 2 members.

Also, the time to start is upon us people.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2014, 03:25:39 pm »

I goofed around a bit a few days ago, and decided I'd start with a Vine Stalker Assassin of Dithmenos, just to screw around a bit at the beginning of the tourny.

...First round, I wander onto a Book of Transfigurations (may or may not get much use), and find an altar to Dithmenos on D2, along with an amulet of Conservation. I'm hoping I can cover some decent ground this round, so I wound up saving it and getting back to work to pick up later.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2014, 03:35:17 pm »

It's on, it's on it's on it's on!

I've just arrived at my parents' house, kind of shaken about some news at work [good news, but ... I might be out of my league a bit] so might play sloppier than usual.

But still, it's on!
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2014, 03:45:29 pm »

Here, here. Those boxes don't sort themselves.

Bay12 Miners
Xgamer4 - advanced/intermediate - Team Captain
Imofexious - beginner
gigaraptor487 - beginner
Elephant Parade - beginner
bulborbish
ggurman - beginner
Bay12 Nobles
thegoatgod_pan - expert - Team Captain
lastplaneout - intermediate
AnturK

So I edited Nobles and Miners team according to what happened in this thread. See above. Make sure all all who need to change their rcfiles to reflect any possible changes.

Now lets see if I can kill some casters tonight.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2014, 03:55:47 pm »

lastplaneout actually opted out of the tourny in it's entirety - that's why I didn't have a problem replacing him. It probably doesn't matter - I don't think Nobles are going to fill up - but it's worth noting.

Sorry guys. I have to pull out for this season. Some work stuff has come up that's going to keep me away from crawl for a bit.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2014, 03:58:54 pm »

Oh, somehow missed that. I'll remove him from the list then.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
Re: Crawl 0.14 Tournament - It has begun (still welcoming players!)
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2014, 04:15:30 pm »

I think last time 3 or 4 players came during the tournament and filled the Nobles. After all, it's 10 days long ;)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2014, 04:17:37 pm »

Actually it's sixteen, april 11th till april 27th.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2014, 04:35:28 pm »

Huh. CeAm of Fedhas is something I've never considered before, but it works pretty well. Wandering mushroom meatshields are nice, and the hexes I get from the beginning are surprisingly good.

EDIT: Oklobs are a great counter to hydras, and pretty much everything else.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 05:17:58 pm by Un67 »

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2014, 06:00:32 pm »

Hey, guess who managed to die once already! Woo Champions!

Am in the lair with my second char, CLAN is even slower than anything I've ever imagined. Wasn't it supposed to be the European server? Guess I'm cursed with latency.

GrGl of Zin, His Divine Awesomeness placed me under penance for some reason [must've butchered a sentient corpse] and piety gain is even slower than the server, but I'm feeling pretty good.

Also there's already been 2 3-rune wins, which is inspiring. Expect Zin to remain winless for a long time, hopefully Yred does the same, plan on doing a TeDK at some point.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2014, 06:05:53 pm »

I guess everyone heard about how lagfree CLAN was and went there. Oops.

Isn't Yred one of the easier wins to get?

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2014, 06:46:28 pm »

So, my third Vine Stalker Assassin round seems to love giving me branded daggers. So far I have:

+2, +0 Dagger of Speed
+2, +2 Dagger (starting weapon)
+2, +1 Dagger of Holy Wrath
+1, +0 Dagger of Venom

Then I pulled a +0, +0 Short Sword of Freezing off a random Orc, and a Short Sword of Distortion off of Terence.

Then I've also found a Leather Armor of Poison Resistance, and the Sewers gave me a +2 Leather Armor of Fire Resistance. (And a sack of spiders).

Let's not do something stupid.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2014, 06:49:11 pm »

Welp, I just made it through Lair on my CeAM. It was going pretty well at first, but it started turning an absolute slog: burned lots of piety and hunger on killing nasty stuff like hydras and catoblepas, of which there was many. There were also a ton of black mambas on the bottom floor, which I had a hard time kiting, especially without rPois, and I also ended up dwindling my supply of 100~ arrows down to about ~20. That was when I decided I had enough and set up an oklob farm on the bottom floor. And it worked like a charm: the farm cleared out pretty much the entirety of Lair:8 by its own. It was really tedious though, and I think my play is deteriorating. I need a break before I take on Orc.

The upshot? I found a +8, +9 artifact quarterstaff, and a -1, -1 lajatang next to the Slime entrance. I then proceeded to find a brand weapon scroll, and then used up my other enchant weapon scrolls to bring it up to a +0, +2 lajatang of slicing, which I think will be a perfectly acceptable secondary weapon in the future. After all of that, Orc should feel like a piece of cake. Hopefully I'll find some rPois soon, and maybe a longbow and some arrows.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2014, 07:55:03 pm »

Good luck with your runs, guys :)

It's 4 a.m. and I'm going to sleep. Xlvl 15 and 95% GrGl, cleared Lair and Orc, got a decent randart Great Mace [only has +/*Rage, so I need some clarity first], decent armour and invocations skill, about to hit the Shoals.

Nearly bit it against an Enormous Slime creature, kept hitting me while I was trying to get it to split, finally decided that I'm really not in the mood for it and read a scroll of fear.

I have to say I always feel half awestricken and half terrified when running Zin in the Orcish mines. Dude does not mess around when delivering his vengeance unto the heathens, let me tell you that.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2014, 08:28:48 pm »

Splatted my CeAM on a warg. D'oh. I guess it's not so bad for my first run getting back, though, since I did manage to get through some hairy situations in Lair. Maybe next time I'll be a bit more attentive.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18