Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The King's Men [Sci-Fi SG]  (Read 4503 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: The King's Men [Sci-Fi SG]
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2014, 03:35:57 pm »

I think it's time to be sneaky.
We're gaining an advantage, we need to press it.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2014, 07:23:18 pm »

Hell, just use our archers and melee infantry to keep them bottled up while our cannons reposition to blast them and the flag.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2014, 07:31:34 pm »

Hell, just use our archers and melee infantry to keep them bottled up while our cannons reposition to blast them and the flag.

What I've been saying. +1

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2014, 07:43:51 pm »

What I've been saying. +1
I like this plan.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2014, 07:10:24 pm »

Child's Play IV

You command your troops to reposition, making it so that the enemy is bottlenecked in case they attempt to charge and attack. You order your cannons to reposition and focus fire on the enemy guarding the flag. The first blast knocks the ballista away, the second goes straight for the enemy troops, but they all duck out of the way.

They charge forward, out of the gates while your cannons reload. Your men keep them bottlenecked, unable to push forward, but giving a hard fight. Three of your men are killed, and more are injured. Your archers fire on the enemy, but they miss. The enemy archers open fire, but they miss as well. The battle continues for a while, the tide swaying back and forth. Your melee do not fare well, losing their numbers. Their infantry are also sustaining casualties and wounds as well. Your archers continue their volley, this time wiping out even more of their men. They begin to run back to the keep, their archers firing back at those giving pursuit. A few are wounded, but nothing major.

Their troops center around the flag, with Kristof at the head, wielding two swords, discarding his shield. His commander armor, like yours, is more advanced and protected. Their archers are perched on a wall above them. Kristof calls out to his men, and they fasten the flag to his back. He smirks and screams: "COME AT ME!"
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2014, 07:31:30 pm »

Child's Play IV

He smirks and screams: "COME AT ME!"

"*whispers to himself* you like that wouldn't you?  ;)"

Order the cannons to fire when ready at the center where the flag is. Hopefully we can take out enough and thier Commander to win the battle.
BTW GM do we have to get the flag and run back? Or just take and hold it for like 15 mins?

As for everything else...i hope someone has suggestions for it.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2014, 07:36:50 pm »

All you have to do is take it back to your base. You lose if no one in your team is capable of taking the flag to your base anymore (ie. everyone is dead or injured enough to be immobile)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2014, 07:57:35 pm »

All you have to do is take it back to your base. You lose if no one in your team is capable of taking the flag to your base anymore (ie. everyone is dead or injured enough to be immobile)

KK

Well i for the sake btw i got an idea. {gasps i know}

Let's have our dudes stay away from archer fire and hold that bottleneck while our archers are where they were.

Again use cannons no need to rush in and die a lot when we can be smart about it.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2014, 08:10:56 pm »

Kristoff seems to have lost his shield. Let's make him pay for that, shall we? Off him with ranged fire, cannon if it can be done.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2014, 08:35:16 pm »

If there is any form of 'medic'-ing in this test, try to call some of the wounded back and perform what medic-ing we can. The cannons will keep our foes at bay whilst we do so, one aimed at the exit, the other aimed at them, both ready to fire when needed.

Otherwise, continue the bombardment! After the cannons fire, melee troops rush in along with archers(they're rushing a bit shorter distance). We will accompany the archers, using a bow(no one said we couldn't).
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2014, 08:54:08 pm »

+1 to  Rolepgeek plan.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2014, 04:05:08 am »

Child's Play V

You order some of your men to recall back to your base to repair their armor. Doing so prevents them from aiding you swiftly, as your camp is considerably far away from the keep. Meanwhile, you order your cannons to refocus their fire, one aiming for the exit, the other aimed at the enemy forces inside. You give the command to continue the bombardment. The first shot does no damage, all the enemy troops dodging out of harms way. The second is just as ineffective, hitting the wall behind.

While the enemy is on the ground, your men rush into the keep, attacking those on the ground. The archers follow behind, taking out the enemy archers. Your melee infantry take most of the enemy, swiftly killing them. The archers also take out the enemy archers on the walls. All that's left behind is Kristof and two of his men. They charge for the exit, trying to run and keep the flag for as long as possible. Your archers fire, but Kristof's men use themselves as human shields for him, taking the brunt of the damage, but leaving unharmed. They also kill any melee that get in their way. They run through the gates, but Kristof's men are killed on the way out.

He dashes with all he can to find cover, moving surprisingly fast with his bulk commander's armor, which proves much more sturdy than the regular version. Suddenly, you see him appear on your monitor, coming straight for your camp. You don't know what he's up to, but you take your sword and meet him outside. You see him before you, sweating, grinning wide and laughing. You involuntarily raise an eyebrow.

"Raven! Who would've thought two neighbors would be enemy commanders?" he asks, smiling. "We've been playing sword fight since we were kids! Why don't we put that to the test, eh?"

He draws his twin blades and charges for you. You raise your blade in time, and the clash of metal rings in your head. You shove his swords away, causing him to fall backwards, then leap and swing your blade for him. He raises both his feet, then kicks you as you land on him, knocking you back. He raises both his swords high, preparing to stab you on the ground. You roll out of the way, but he scratches your arm. He prepares to strike again, but this time you get upon your feet and his swords impale the dirt. You kick him down with your foot, then raise your sword and bring it down for his chest. The second your blade pierces his armor he disappears in a flash, taken away to the safe zone. you take the flag, then march victoriously back to your base, cheered on by the onlookers.

Later that night, you get the pat on the backs from your men, who witnessed the duel. Who knew all those years of fun and games father had scolded you about proved useful? You feast at the lord's hall, side by side with your men. The night is full of merry chatter and music, and even the losing team seems happy. Anna and Patrik sit by your side, with Kristof sitting opposite of you on the other side of the hall. You all await the Recruiter's word, and the excitement is almost too much to bear.

After a few minutes the door opens, and the room falls quiet as the Recruiter steps into the hall. He holds a list in his hands, which he opens and reads aloud.

"It is with great joy that I say this test has proven most successful. This hold has offered some fine warriors, which is a good break from the recent failures we've had on other parts of this world. Most of you will join us, and finally become a Kingsman."

He then goes on to naming those who have made it in. The list goes on and on, naming nearly everyone in your village. As he nears the last names of your village, your heart drops as he doesn't say your name. You notice that Kristof hasn't been named as well, and you seethe disappointment in his eyes. You fear for the worst. The Recruiter clears his voice, then continues reading.

"We have also deemed a few of you worthy of making it to the officer branch of the King's Men. Raven Caine and Kristof Vale, step forward." You and Kristof shuffle forward, palms sweaty. "You will be trained as officers for your tactical prowess demonstrated this day," he says, then turns and addresses the rest of the crowd. "Prepare yourselves. We leave at dawn for the Drill Planet DS-087, where you will train until you are deemed worthy of being named a Kingsman."

You can hardly believe you've made it. You smile as you walk back to your home, embraced by your father, sister and brother-in-law. You dream of glory and adventure, just on the verge of daybreak. You go to sleep. As dawn breaks you are awakened by the sound of a horn blowing through the town. You leap from your bed and get dressed, kissing your family goodbye while they sleep and run for the ship. You board, along with the rest of the recruits, as you wave goodbye to your town and prepare to make it into space.

Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)
Dying of laughter?

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2014, 05:23:22 am »

Yay! Instant officer! We made it guyz!  :D
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2014, 06:52:34 am »

DS-087

The deck of the Recruiter's ship, the Vanguard, leaves your jaw hanging. Even from watching the interior of the ships from other ships that docked in nearby villages, none compared to this. Inlaid with bronze trimmings, with sculptures and statues of heroes from the King's Men, and a vast hologram of the star system you're in, it exhorts a feeling of awe and majesty. You think that this room alone is worth more than the lord's keep down on your home planet. You and the other recruits anxiously await the Drill Master's arrival, waiting to be assigned to your different squads. There are more recruits who have been taken from other places from your planet and the neighboring worlds, as well as other officers-in-training.

The Drill Master appears as a hologram, usurping the holopad which housed the map of the star system. His voice is amplified through the speakers placed around the deck.

"Welcome, initiates, to the Vanguard. Over the next year, you will be trained in the ample techniques and stratagems of war. Over the next year, you will learn to fight and die for the King and the Kingdom. Over the next year, most of you will die. Those who survive will continue risking your lives, for the rest of your lives, until you die by blade, or bullet, or time. Welcome to the King's Men."

"You have all been assigned a team of five, plus a Drill Sergeant who will instruct you through your training," the hologram says as you check your holopad, given to you earlier, showing your new teammates and locations on where to go. "Training will begin when we've arrived at planet DS-087."

You head to the briefing chamber to meet your new team. Walking down the hall you get bumped and pushed by the excited initiates trying to get to their chambers. You finally make it to your chamber, a small room at the end of the hallway, with a round table with six seats. They are already taken, with two empty. You take your seat and wait for your drill sergeant to arrive. The door opens, and you turn and see a tall man, with his hair tied in a ponytail. His features appear as those from a planet who've descended from the Orient, and his face is stern and worn. He bears a scar down the side of his cheek, and his left hand seems biomechanical.

"Initiates. Stand at attention!" he yells. The five of you all stand and salute. "I am Hiroshi, former Colonel, Kingsman Veteran, and your Drill Sergeant. This next year will be hell. You will feel the flames of the sun, the cold of the void, and face death in the face."

A hologram emerges from the center of the table, showing a world designated as DS-141. "This is planet DS-141, known by the locals as Khar-dok. It is a wasteland, filled with tribes of raiders, thugs, and warriors. It is here that your first months of training shall begin. You will learn to survive with nothing. To live off of nothing. To fight with nothing. To die with nothing. You will be thrown into this world, with no weapons, no food, and no way out. The only way you're getting back on this ship is when I accept your victory."

Hiroshi continues the briefing. "The planet is filled with feral animals, twice the size of any you've seen before. The land is barren, and water holds the same value as gold. Your goal is to recover a spacecraft that has been hijacked by raiders, and use it to return to the Vanguard. You may use any methods possible to retrieve it. You will not receive aid, not even in the brink of death. Your lives depend on one another. The people are tribal and savage, and will not listen to gold or titles, only strength. Prove to them, as well as us, that you are strong."

"You will be dropped there after your basic training is complete. You will learn different skills, and you will not have time to learn all of them. Your team should have a wide assortment of skills, and you should be able to work together," he turns and faces you. "Caine, as their officer, you are to decide which skills they should learn. Success lies in your hands."

Hiroshi leaves, and you are left with an important decision. Each person only has time to learn two skills.

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Team (click to show/hide)
Dying of laughter?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2014, 09:45:07 am »

Mikael: is aggressive and a warmonger so let's get him..melee and ranged combat.
Ana: shy and clever..I'd like to get her through engineering for traps/piloting and lore.

Albert: Survival and melee
Harold: Stealth and deception

Thoughts? I just want at least one person to be able to get food here.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6