Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: The King's Men [Sci-Fi SG]  (Read 4511 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: The King's Men [Sci-Fi SG]
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2014, 09:04:08 pm »

Get the cannons to focus on blowing the enemy archers out of existence, get our archers to move with cover a bit closer, so they can shoot the enemy archers, pull our scouts back with a few troops to make the transition smooth, keep the majority of our melee troops protecting the cannons.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2014, 12:19:40 pm »

Bump. For the Emperor King!
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2014, 01:02:05 pm »

Bump. For the Emperor King!

I agree Bumpity bump bump.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2014, 04:50:49 pm »

Update will probably be on Friday, sorry. Don't worry, I haven't given up on this yet!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2014, 05:04:16 pm »

If you ever dare to, I'm going to rob you of all your notes at bladepoint and run it myself.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2014, 07:45:27 am »

Child's Play II

You order Titus, two melee infantry and an archer to rescue Maxim. They head towards the back of the fort, staying out of sight. The archers are too preoccupied to notice. They climb up the hill, spotting Maxim hiding behind the rocks, ducking and weaving, trying to reposition himself as the enemy tries to close in on him. They seem preoccupied.

Titus sees that they are unnoticed and gives the order to flank and attack. Unfortunately, they trip on the rocky ground, giving themselves away. The enemy is also as unlucky, trying to turn but tripping as well. Titus is faster at recovering than the others, though, and he leaps from rock to rock, slashing at the enemy guards.

The first is severely wounded, paralysed in the arm and leg. The second is hit in both legs, leaving him unable to walk. The third is taken out in one, quick hit to the head and he is teleported away. Titus feels a rush of energy and leaps to another target. He is prepared, though, and parries Titus' blow.

There are 5 enemies left, two severely wounded. The archer takes aim, firing at the paralysed guard, finishing him off. The melee warriors rush to the remaining guards, one trips, but the other makes it. He swings his sword at the other paralysed guard, finishing him off, then leaps to the next, but he trips and falls on the rocks.

Maxim takes a shot at the enemy engaged with Titus, but he misses just barely scraping his armor. The enemy warrior swings at Titus, stabbing straight at the center of his armor. Titus is taken out, teleported away. The enemy gets a second wind and lunges at the tripped melee infantry. He rolls out of the way in time, then stabs at his side, wounding him. He finishes him off yanking the enemy's helmetband smashing it against a rock, finishing him.

The remaining two warriors retreat, running back to their fort. Your archer draws his bow, fires, and kills the first one. Then he shoots and kills the next in a lucky trickshot. Your men head back to your base, having killed six of the thirty enemies. Unfortunately, Titus has been lost, taken to the K.O area.

((Will seperate this turn from the other.))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2014, 05:24:24 am »

Child's Play III

You refocus your attack on the archers on the walls. You order your cannons to reposition and move away from the archers' firing range. Meanwhile, you order you archers to move forward, bit by bit. They get out of cover, move the palisades forward a bit, then quickly get back down to cover. Fortunately, no one was hit, the palisades taking the brunt of the arrows. Your arches counter, taking advantage of the enemy having to reload. Two of the enemy are killed, with others wounded.

Your cannons, finally in place, are ready to fire. You give the command and blasts rip through the air. The first shot doesn't cause outright casualties, but the shrapnel severely wounds some archers, as well as damaging the wall. The second shot is much more effective, taking out nearly all the remaining archers, the rest retreating down to the ground. You think you've beaten them, but suddenly the gates collapse, pushed down by the enemy men. Behind the gate reveals a ballista, aimed directly at one of your cannons. Before you can react, it fires.

Fortunately, the arrow sails by, landing far from the battlefield. Suddenly, the enemy disembarks from the ballista, and with the help of their other troops push it to the gates to blockade it, then retreat back to the flag, bows readied and swords drawn.

How do you act?
Dying of laughter?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2014, 05:55:05 am »

Focus cannon fire on ballistas, get the infantry moving now to wipe out their remaining foot forces, with fire support from archers.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2014, 07:30:30 am »

All troops to stand back and form up defensive lines again (get back to to original positions).

One cannon to fire on the ballistic the other to return fire against any other surprises.

We won't be forced into bottlenecks in this fight!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2014, 07:48:19 am »

I think it's time to be sneaky.

Send three scouts behind the castle, be sure they're not seen going there, and see if there is any remaining defenders there.
Give them two set of visual signals for yes/no and use melee spotters in order to have a fast answer.
Meanwhile, our ranged forces pin the ennemy to the gate. No reason to advance as long as we have something to shoot at.

If the rear is unguarded, send a party with grapples and ladder to assault. Sneakily.
Otherwise, make it a feint, to reduce their manpower at the main gate.
Full Sig

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2014, 08:18:10 am »

I think it's time to be sneaky.

Send three scouts behind the castle, be sure they're not seen going there, and see if there is any remaining defenders there.
Give them two set of visual signals for yes/no and use melee spotters in order to have a fast answer.
Meanwhile, our ranged forces pin the ennemy to the gate. No reason to advance as long as we have something to shoot at.

If the rear is unguarded, send a party with grapples and ladder to assault. Sneakily.
Otherwise, make it a feint, to reduce their manpower at the main gate.

why not blow the whole damn caste with our canons?

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2014, 08:21:17 am »

It'll take a while, scouting has at least the merit of keeping our men busy.
Full Sig

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2014, 08:27:14 am »

It'll take a while, scouting has at least the merit of keeping our men busy.

The scouting i agree but with the rear i disagree with a attack on the rear siege.

Instead i think we should try and get our archers on the walls {not this turn i want to wear them down first} and pepper them while the melee advance hard inside and hold again.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2014, 10:37:13 am »

Getting some archers on the rear walls would have a similar and better effect, in my opinion. Also less risky.
Full Sig

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2014, 02:39:51 pm »

Cannons focusfire on gates, some troops go head around as scouts.
When walls breach scouts attack from rear as the rest of us charge in under cannonfire.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6