Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Interstellar Mercenaries v1.10, Mission 1, Turn 4: Within the Walls.  (Read 17658 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Interstellar Mercenaries v1.10, Mission 1, Turn 2: Not 'Go' Yet? Oops.
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2014, 08:14:07 am »

(They're called suppressors, not silencers, for a reason. Will post action soon, but on iPad right now.)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2014, 08:56:41 am »

(They're called suppressors, not silencers, for a reason. Will post action soon, but on iPad right now.)
((When creating my character, I thought of the possibility of getting a Hollywood silencer, but decided that this seems like a serious game, which it turned out, even though I make plans noting the rules of fiction.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2014, 08:58:30 am »

(( I know but considering he's the only one who apparently heard it it's confused me a little. ))
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2014, 09:52:27 am »

(( I know but considering he's the only one who apparently heard it it's confused me a little. ))
Well, that's because I only wrote nunzillor as having heard it. The bonus is that because you have the suppressor, not only is there no muzzle flash, and your rifle doesn't sound like a tank cannon, just a big rifle. Now, if it were a normal rifle, it would sound like pistol fire, but you have a BIG rifle. :)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2014, 10:09:26 am »

((AAR is rockets, right? Also, whats my range on them?))
"Right, who shot and why? I mean really. Do you WANT to get us all killed?
Fucking hell. Now what are we gonna do? I bet there are already gunships inbound..."

Chuck a frag at a turret is in range, otherwise load the rocket clip and get ready to hit some MG positions.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2014, 10:48:17 am »

((PewdsRocks... What the hell, dude? If you're gonna fuck up, at least don't put your teammates at risk. We should try to work together on this, not go lone wolf. Right now you're more of a liability to us than really helping. Coordinating the assault could've taken out more guards than one dumbass sniper trying to play Rambo.))

"Son of'a fuck! Who opened fire?!? If I live through this their ass is mine! At least their a diversion... Screw it, let's go!"

open fire on the machine on the wall, to provide suppressive fire. Have our demo guy get up close to blow a hole once the MG is taken out.

((We have a demo guy... Right? Someone picked big explosive stuff?))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2014, 10:51:57 am »

"Who shot doesn't matter right now. We'll have to pull an Indy, so calm down and get ready to get your hands dirty." ((Is Indiana Jones a valid reference to take from at the time the game is set in?))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2014, 11:48:34 am »

((Probally. The series is still semi-strong so you just know they will milk it for all its worth.))
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2014, 11:56:05 am »

"Surprise is gone, opening up."

Shoot the guards on my section of wall.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Nunzillor

« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2014, 12:23:42 pm »

((Well, we don't really have a demo guy I think, but we have a couple people with rockets that might be able to punch a hole in the wall.  I suggest they target the middle of the south wall for the breach, as the middle is where two machine guns are, and the corners only have one.  We can still do the plan, but the guards are highly disciplined (or not enough time has passed since the shots?) and are not changing position to focus on the north or check on their wounded/dead.  Since they cant be distracted into changing position, can we refocus sniping on the southern corners?  Machine guns sound bad.  Also... fuck.))

---

Jack jumps in surprise as he hears the shots and subsequent sounds of alarms from inside the battery.  Huh... looks like they jumped the gun, so to speak.  Jack eyed the machine gunners through the thin line of trees.  "I feel that this doesn't have to change much," Jack relayed through the radio.  "Let's refocus all efforts on the south, since the enemies are not changing position in response to northern fire.  Still waiting on that breach, guys.  Snipers: see any entrances into the underground facility?"

Edit: "Get rid of southern fire, poke a hole in the southern wall, stroll in through the hole, focus combined strength on enemies in the immediate interior, then without delay find a way into the underground portion of the battery.  Quickly and in that order.  Thoughts?"

Planned action is unchanged.
((Sorry for walls of text))
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 12:49:46 pm by Nunzillor »

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2014, 01:02:33 pm »

(( Work together how? We had 3 suggested plans and no consensus on which one to follow but my job is the same in all 3. Distract them, which is what I'm doing.
Besides nobody actually told me what to do so I did my job. If you don't want my character to take independent action then you should tell her what you need her to do. She's not psychic. ))

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2014, 01:09:10 pm »

((It's really no problem as the GM informed us that while the shot could have been delayed a turn, these guard are just plain mooks we have no trouble killing.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2014, 02:18:59 pm »

((It's really no problem as the GM informed us that while the shot could have been delayed a turn, these guard are just plain mooks we have no trouble killing.
Well, to be exact, I left it up to Random.org to determine what he would do. That being said, your suspicions are correct.

At least as long as the dice are on your side.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Nunzillor

« Reply #118 on: April 05, 2014, 02:45:11 pm »

(( Work together how? ... ))

As a sniper, can you please take a look for any entrances into the underground portion of the battery over the walls, and focus fire on the southern corners?

Snipers:
1.  PewdsRocks (southeastern corner)
2.  PlayerGamer (southwestern corner)

Breachers:
1.  Aseaheru (middle of southern wall)

Southern rushers:
Everyone else.

Who am I missing here?  I feel like there is one more breacher and a couple more snipers.
Any objections?  Please see my previous post for proposed plan.

...or are just gonna try and shoot everything until it dies now?   :P
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 03:14:50 pm by Nunzillor »

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2014, 03:24:49 pm »

(( We'll I'm aiming for the enemies who are in your way with explosive rounds bigger then your fist. I figured you could use some cover. ))

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12