Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Interstellar Mercenaries v1.10, Mission 1, Turn 4: Within the Walls.  (Read 17617 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

Roll to be an Interstellar Mercenary
A Doomblade187 game.

You lean back in your seat in the briefing room as the orientation officer starts his little speech. Standing at the front of the room, in front of a screen showing Mercicorps soldiers in action, he starts to speak in a lovely boring drone. "Welcome to Mercicorps. As new recruits, I have been assigned to ease your transition into Mercicorps and your new home, the MSS Armelite. To start, we will begin with the various types of missions you may be sent on.

There are three main classifications for missions. The first is 'conventional'. This designation means that you'll be facing relatively conventional enemies and armaments, such as other mercenaries, armies, rebels, etc. You get the general idea. The next designation is 'civilian'. This means that you'll be going undercover in some aspect to accomplish a clandestine or 'dirty' objective that we can't be seen having our hands on. These are often the most risky.

Finally, the last classification is 'exotic'. These missions deal with aliens, enemies within the company, or missions that we can't classify otherwise. Extra caution is suggested on these, as you often don't know what you'll be facing. Most of you recruits will end up with a conventional mission for your first assignment, so don't worry too much. Now get to the barracks, drop off your belongings, and get your gear at the armory.

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Welcome soldier, to the armory. You may choose a primary weapon, a secondary weapon, and your auxiliary gear. The pack comes standard.

Armory:
Spoiler: Primary Weapons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Secondary Weapons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Auxiliary Gear (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OOC Section (click to show/hide)

Active Character Sheets
Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 10:21:26 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In. Sheet to follow.

Name: Georgia Ross
Description: Georgia is tall and very slim with long blond hair and bright violent eyes, she has a very open and friendly face with a gentle but determined disposition to protect her family, whoever she decides to count as family anyway. She wears a long white shirt with a loose red tie that runs down past her waist and a short red skirt just visible beneath it. Has a set of slightly nerdy looking green goggles on her forehead.( My profile pic with violent eyes. )
Str: 2
Agi: 5
End: 2
Int: 4
Cha: 2

Primary: SSBR.
Long Barrel.
Scope: 8x Infrared scope
Attachment 1: Bipod.
Attachment 2: Suppressor.
Ammo 1: HP
Ammo 2: Explosive

Secondary weapon: SSMP.
Attachment 1: Suppressor.
Ammo: AP

Armor: Medium

Auxiliary 1: AP Mine.
Auxiliary 2: Ghillie suit.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 10:27:20 am by PewdsRocks »
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
((There's so many abbreviations... Also, do hollow-points count as conventional ammo for sidearms?))
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 10:36:33 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

blazing glory

Name:Starn Gundar

Description:Rather bulky,looks like your average gun for hire,seems slightly smarter then most mercanaries but not by much.

Str:6
Agi:1
End:5
Int:2
Cha:1

Equipment:
(Frankly I'd rather a minigun or something big)

SSBR:
Ammo:3 (AP) 2 (HP)
Barrel:Medium
Attachments:Tripod.
Sight:Iron sight

GAP:
Ammo: 3 (N)

2 GAFG's

MBA: Heavy
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 04:31:30 am by blazing glory »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Question: what advantages and disadvantages does the laser ammo provide?))
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 10:38:08 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Should be all.

Nunzillor

Name: Jack Sicero
Description: A dour, defeated man.  Ever since his family died in a tragic jetpack joyride accident, apparently inspired by a popular retro game, Jack has become increasingly suicidal.  This culminated in his decision to join Mercicorps.

Str: 3
End: 3
Int: 2

Primary: 3 ER, 2 L
Barrel: Medium
Sight: Holo
Attachments: Bayonet, suppressor

Secondary: thermal scope 1x GAP, 3AP
Auxiliary gear: medium armor, GASG, GAFG
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 12:34:13 am by Nunzillor »

blazing glory

Name: Jack Sicero
Description: A dour, defeated man.  Ever since his family died in a tragic jetpack joyride accident, apparently inspired by a popular retro game, Jack has become increasingly suicidal.  This culminated in his decision to join Mercicorps.

Str: 3
End: 3
Int: 2

So he's naked?

Nunzillor

No, that's a bit too suicidal to be fun.  Also very chilly.  Equipment incoming as I work on the post.

Okay, I think I'm done.  Hopefully I didn't make any mistakes.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 03:15:59 am by Nunzillor »

blazing glory

No, that's a bit too suicidal to be fun.  Also very chilly.  Equipment incoming as I work on the post.

Okay, I think I'm done.  Hopefully I didn't make any mistakes.

Bayonette is a bit weird but you shouldn't get called out on it.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

Str:6
Agi:2
End:5
Int:2
Cha:1
Not to offend your mathematical ability, but you were supposed to use 15 points, not 16.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

Can accept up to three more players, which I should probably note in the OP. Once sheets are done, I'll do the setup and then start the game when I'm done. It can take a while to figure out bonuses. I'll update the OP later.

@IcyTea: Yeah, they're conventional. But I'll allow laser pistols for fun should you choose.

@DarkArtemisFowl: It's just a laser to be cool. That and it's invisible, with no muzzle flash. And it can penetrate enemies, once it burns through the first one. Burn speed depends on where you hit them.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile

While filling up sheet, suddenly found big similarities between my and darkpaladin109 IcyTea preferences. Oh well.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 12:36:32 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

While filling up sheet, suddenly found big similarities between my and darkpaladin109 preferences. Oh well.
If you're talking about the zero endurance, it's only because my character's name includes expendable, grunt and redshirt. So fo course he has to have 0 endurance.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile

While filling up sheet, suddenly found big similarities between my and darkpaladin109 preferences. Oh well.
If you're talking about the zero endurance, it's only because my character's name includes expendable, grunt and redshirt. So fo course he has to have 0 endurance.
Heh. And yes, I misread profiles in the last moment. I meant IcyTea31 sniper-oriented build that happens to be nearly exactly same as mine. Sorry for making you wonder about what similarities have I found with you :)
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12