Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Ordinary Children Adventures - DUNGEON: 19 TURNS LEFT  (Read 15414 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Ordinary Children Adventures - MORNING, 7 DAYS LEFT
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2014, 06:09:26 pm »

"Hmmm... Maybe we could each have one long arm and one shorter one? I think that there's a kind of crab sort of like that."

Willabella follows Kyle over to the fridge and opens up a box of rice crispies, eating them by the handful.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2014, 06:12:58 pm »

"Mayme."
Kyle says through a mouthful of steak.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2014, 06:29:30 pm »

L.E.A.H. will be #4 and head to Church to give herself Mental Fortitude.

Leah awoke with a slight shudder as the various probes that recharged her batteries retracted, and she stepped out of her pod. "Another wonderful new day in God's country," she sighed happily to herself as she looked out of the window. She stared out for several minutes before going to her closet and putting on a practical dress and boots, then tied her hair back. When she entered the kitchen, she noticed shenanigans were going on. Leah merely shook her head at her roommates. "I'm off to church. You guys play nice now," she admonished, wagging an index finger at them.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2014, 06:37:18 pm »

(Whoopsy daisy, wrong RTD color.)
Angelo sadly picks up the last of the worryingly illegal substance and puts it into his pocket. He frowns at Leah.
"Oh God, you still got that holy roller stuff going on?"
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 06:44:58 pm by Fniff »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2014, 06:42:08 pm »

"Bye Leah!"
Kyle says waving excitedly.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2014, 06:54:24 pm »

((Gonna be gone til' tomorrow, auto me if you have to.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Ordinary Children Adventures - SIGN-UPS [10/8]
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2014, 07:25:45 pm »

Considering 8 players have been added to OP, seems you might be out of time, GWG.
Aye. Didn't expect much. Eh. No skin off my back.

...Might want to actually remake the sheet if there's a waitlist. Is there?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Ordinary Children Adventures - SIGN-UPS [10/8]
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2014, 07:26:32 pm »

...Might want to actually remake the sheet if there's a waitlist. Is there?

Yes, I guess that there is, just in case. So remake away.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2014, 08:21:57 pm »

Neat. I might get in.

...Great, I need to remake my character sheet. :P
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2014, 08:24:11 pm »

"Of course, Angelo! You should come too. It might do you some good," the android said, seemingly completely oblivious to the person she was speaking to being a vampire. "Bye, Kyle," she said, giving the kid a quick hug.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2014, 08:25:15 pm »

Kyle giggles happily.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2014, 12:38:08 pm »

((Bump?))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2014, 12:42:39 pm »

((Bump?))

((Just polishing up the first dungeon, and sending a PM to scapheap right now.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2014, 03:22:09 pm »

Clair surf internet, learning an art known as Snark. She also finds a site on some anime. It was fairly enjoyable and it gave some ideas on Magic(ana) to Clair
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ordinary Children Adventures - DUNGEON: 20 TURNS LEFT
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2014, 02:35:17 pm »

Kyle takes Japanese animes increasing magicana and charmitude while gaining Kuudere.

Technically Japanese Animes is supposed to be Media Studies, but after a suspicious house fire they were the only things that were left. As such Kyle enjoys spending several hours watching his animes, wondering how he could be so cool yet sweet and caring like Rei...

Joe conducts Wizardly SCIENCE into the power of Psionics.

Joe Bridger conducts Wizardly SCIENCE into Psionics. Of course, as a wizard, he has no psionic powers, but he quickly concocts a spell or two to solve this problem, fooling the equipment in the lab nine times out of nine.

Telepathy, slot 1
+2 to magicana, gain the Probing skill.

Chryssalid communicates telepathically with the alien mother ship, cracking jokes about how goofy Angelo is. His probing remarks and cutting wit earns him mental high-fives from the crew.

Willabella will MUTATE, gaining two Strengthen and Strong Genes. She'll also take spot number five.

Willabella finds a nice, quiet corner of the house to set up a cocoon in, settling in with dreams of body parts and limbs dancing through her head. After several hours she breaks out of her cocoon, looking exactly the same as before but without a genetic predisposition to heart attacks and osteoporosis.

Hang Out, and take Charmitude and Batty.

You abscond from the house with your bag of suspicious plant substance. Thankfully MOTHER has supplied everyone with bus passes and you have memorized the bus schedule frontwards and backwards, so you spend only a few uncomfortable minutes in the sun before reaching the abandoned strip mall. There you hang out with your friends, and try to impress them by turning into a cloud of bats for a lark. Surprisingly enough, it actually works.

L.E.A.H. will be #4 and head to Church to give herself Mental Fortitude.

L.E.A.H. heads to church using the transit system, making it just in time for the morning service. The priest's sermon really speaks to her on a spiritual level, and she'll definitely remember it the next time that horrid eldritch abominations tear their way through the fabric of reality.

The priest is Presbyterian.

Clair surf internet, learning an art known as Snark. She also finds a site on some anime. It was fairly enjoyable and it gave some ideas on Magic(ana) to Clair

Clair browses some anime websites, getting into arguments with random strangers over which character is cuter and stuff like that. Thanks to these shitstorms polite conversations, Clair hones her skills in the unholy magic known as snark. Use it well...

As you finish up with your CEAs, you all get a text on your cellular telephones from MOTHER.

"Good afternoon, child. My business meeting will go on longer than anticipated, and I will be unable to return home until dinner. But I have prepared for such an eventually. There are individually wrapped lunches and drinks in the fridge. Please only take the lunches with your name on it.

Additionally we will need lettuce, bread, meat, cheese and blood from a pure-white calf sacrificed at midnight. To foster you own sense of self-worth and confidence, I have left money in the armoury for you to purchase these items. When I return from my business meeting I expect that you will have finished your CEAs for the day, and retrieved these items from the grocery store. If you have then I shall purchase fast foods for you all to enjoy. Otherwise we shall be having casserole for dinner.

Make sure to take a jacket and weapon with you when you go to the store. The weather forecast calls for a high chance of rain and random encounters."

With MOTHER's casserole being rather infamous, you all quickly finish up what you're doing, and head home for lunch.

Hamilcar's Grocery

After lunch everyone makes their way to Hamilcar's Grocery, the closest grocery store that sells the kind of calf blood that MOTHER likes, at the same time. You estimate that you have 20 turns until the latest possible bus leaves, delaying your CEAs and forcing you to eat some dreaded casserole.

The outside of Hamilcar's Grocery is just like any small grocery store. The front of the building is mostly glass to let in light and display obnoxiously large advertisements. Through the windows you can see inside the store, and the workers and customers moving to and fro. Behind you is the parking lot, though unless you're interested in petty vandalism it has nothing of note.

The local Girl Scout Troop (51st Fighting Lions) has set up a table beside the entrance and are selling their famous cookies.

Spoiler: Areas (click to show/hide)

IMPORTANT STUFF:

Still missing character positions for a lot of people, such as GiglameshDespair (Kj was a sneaky bastard and asked for the spot in and edit before you), GUNINANRUNIN, Wwolin (Remutha claimed 5 in his post before yours), Fniff and Scapheap. We can't start until you select a position, guys. Spots 2, 3, 6, 7 and 8 are all open. I know I should have caught this earlier, I'm sorry.

GUININANRUNIN also had issues with their action, I've PM'd them about that so just waiting on them.

Since this is our first dungeon, I'll need you guys to post what weapons you're taking with you. Weapons are not unique, so you all could run around with the same weapon if you want to.

I'll post character sheets for the dungeon when the above is resolved, though you can always check the second post for them. Then we can actually start exploring the thing.

As usual, ask questions if you need to, and feel free to RP and junk while you're waiting for me to post the turn.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 06:17:07 pm by USEC_OFFICER »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11