Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40

Author Topic: [ISG] Ghoulish  (Read 82511 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Ghoulish
« Reply #315 on: April 20, 2014, 04:54:25 pm »

We should make the goat permanent. Because we can and will use it. Maybe even as our symbol.
+1. Then rest and try to come up with spell to make our skeletons stronger, wights sound cool and we run on rule of cool smart investment. Do not try any experimental spells before we have few more goat minions to serve as meat shields bone shields.

Actually, yeah, all our experiments can be done on the goats.
+1.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 20, 2014, 05:01:15 pm »

Make the goat permanent. Smoke the meat at night. Spend time resting and trying to learn Ritualism on regular goat skeletons, preferably a spell to make our skeletons better in combat.
Fixed to be less dangerous.
Sounds good to me. +1

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 21, 2014, 01:25:43 pm »

The Plains of Grating, Fifth Age
The Age of Death, Year 625

Day 10, After Midnight

Deciding on a plan of action, you drain the ring of its mana and afterwards make the goat a permanent.  An easy task, or so you find, and soon enough you devote the daytime hours to eagerly research ritualism. It is a somewhat daunting task, but over the course of the full day you feel to have made progress with understanding the basics of this school.

It is also in the later daytime hours, that you hear the horns once again. The whole mountain is drowning in the sounds, and you wonder about the reason. You do hear some repeating sequences, but without any further information their sense eludes you. Sparing a few glances towards the city, you think to see some movement near it, but are uncertain into which direction it went. As you originally planned to stay inside during the day there is no problem with your schedule.

It takes you a good deal of that night to gather enough firewood, and you decide to smoke the meat the coming one. Instead you raise two of the goats, and also make them permanent. While doing so, you have a bit of an eureka moment.

You have gained two new Servants
-80 MP

You spend most of the day pondering theory, but your success is limited. Even trying to grasp the basics is hard enough – you actually doubt that you will get something too useful any time soon. Either way, you take a break from all that straining thinking, and set up a smoking rack in the deeper parts of the cave. This task is far more straightforward, and the only problem you have is the lack of firewood – even searching the night before held not enough to smoke more than the flesh of three goats. By the time you have finished the first batch of meat, it is around midnight.

After nine full days in this body, you actually are quite comfortable in it. Enough that you almost could forget what you were before. Still, having secured your own safety somewhat, you feel a nagging unrest tugging at you ever so often. Either way, having spent the last days in concealment, you revise your plans.

You have strengthend your necromantic knowledge.
You have rediscovered a new spell.

Animate Zombie – 80 MP
Raise a temporary Zombie to do your bidding. Lasts 1 Day, extendible by 5 MP per day.
Can be made permanent by spending additional 40 MP on it.

Whereas a skeleton is held together by weaving mana around the bones, a zombies flesh is drenched in it, enabling it to move once more on its own. The result is that a Zombie is more enduring, but cutting its muscles makes them easy to cripple. Their strength is not that much different from a skeleton though, with some necromancers favouring to raise en mass the later instead. Necromantic works actually have often enough a whole section addressing which one would be a better investment, but with no real conclusion it may just be matter of taste.

Currently:
205/205 HP
105/175 MP
30 MP Stored

Well-Fed - Doubled HP-Regeneration
Sentient Nourishment - +3 Agility and Intelligence for Skill- and Combat-checks

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Followers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mind Map (click to show/hide)

" While I think to be at least halfway there, I am positively exhausted by all that thinking. "
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 02:40:14 pm by escaped lurker »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 21, 2014, 01:28:48 pm »

Throw a party with your skeletal companions.
Take a closer look at this text!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 21, 2014, 02:14:23 pm »

It says that teh goats are temporary. Shouldn't it say that they are permanent now?

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 21, 2014, 02:17:05 pm »

Could practice archery in the cave, or actually practice wielding that twohander we are carrying about. Or just rest.

Also the update says we made them permanent but the followers list still says temporary Edit:Someone beat me to it.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 21, 2014, 02:45:13 pm »

Also the update says we made them permanent but the followers list still says temporary Edit:Someone beat me to it.
It says that teh goats are temporary. Shouldn't it say that they are permanent now?

" You have seen nothing."

".. I trust that we have an understanding, yes?"

" ... Good "

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 21, 2014, 02:46:48 pm »

" You have seen nothing."

".. I trust that we have an understanding, yes?"

" ... Good "

That made me giggle.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 21, 2014, 02:50:23 pm »

...+1.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 21, 2014, 02:52:39 pm »

...+1.
*Throws a +1 and runs*

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 21, 2014, 03:45:01 pm »

...+1.
*Throws a +1 and runs*
+1 Get out the fruit flesh punch!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 21, 2014, 03:46:33 pm »

You know what? Against my instincts, I'm not going to -1 that silly suggestion. Not giving it a +1 either.

Anyway, we should think about moving to another place soon. I don't like the sound of those horns. How abour if we use the deer skeleton as another packmule?

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 21, 2014, 03:56:38 pm »

Finding a backup location to live in would be a good idea. +1 to finding another location. And a packdeer would probably work.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 21, 2014, 05:52:30 pm »

-1 to the party. Friends don't let friends drink and necromance.

So there's not much point to zombies, then. An extra 40mana to make a perm.zombie instead of a perm.skeleton, and we also gain the meat of a skeleton. Also the ability to use our skeletal minions as impromptu xylophones, should the need arise.

We should experiment - try combining two goat skeletons together to make a supergoat skeleton. Probably easier to try with still-dead goats rather than undead goats.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 21, 2014, 05:56:43 pm »

-1 to the party. Friends don't let friends drink and necromance.

So there's not much point to zombies, then. An extra 40mana to make a perm.zombie instead of a perm.skeleton, and we also gain the meat of a skeleton. Also the ability to use our skeletal minions as impromptu xylophones, should the need arise.

We should experiment - try combining two goat skeletons together to make a supergoat skeleton. Probably easier to try with still-dead goats rather than undead goats.

+1
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40