Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40

Author Topic: [ISG] Ghoulish  (Read 82328 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Ghoulish
« Reply #525 on: June 14, 2014, 09:24:35 am »

Just use Telepathic link. Even if language cannot be conveyed by it, it probably allows for most forms of general communication. I think it may be best if we dont go all murderous on them, considering that their survival is a bit of an anomaly, seeing as its pretty unlikely that a new race of lizard-people evolved and got up to speed with all the other races. Try to be cordial with them I guess, and call away your undead until diplomacy is no longer an option.

Thats my opinion anyway.
+1 It's worth a shot to try and talk first. Our undead can remain as close as possible while being just out of sight.
+1 Diplomancy is always a good option to try first.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 14, 2014, 10:08:26 am »

Yeah. Open the Telepathic Link with one of them.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 14, 2014, 11:49:52 am »

Just use Telepathic link. Even if language cannot be conveyed by it, it probably allows for most forms of general communication. I think it may be best if we dont go all murderous on them, considering that their survival is a bit of an anomaly, seeing as its pretty unlikely that a new race of lizard-people evolved and got up to speed with all the other races. Try to be cordial with them I guess, and call away your undead until diplomacy is no longer an option.

Thats my opinion anyway.
+1 It's worth a shot to try and talk first. Our undead can remain as close as possible while being just out of sight.
+1.

Use telepathic link on the yellow one, who seems to be the leader.

Offer them a gift of three servings of goat meat.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 14, 2014, 03:02:58 pm »

Thats my opinion anyway.
+1.

+1

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 14, 2014, 03:10:16 pm »

Thats my opinion anyway.
+1.

+1
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 14, 2014, 03:26:59 pm »

Thats my opinion anyway.
+1.

+1
+1

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 15, 2014, 03:56:13 pm »

Thats my opinion anyway.
+1.

+1
+1
+1, but do it with a wide goofy smile, nobody EVER attacks someone with a wide goofy smile.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 04:59:41 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 15, 2014, 08:24:43 pm »

Yes, lets have the undead monster bare it's teeth at them, which is a friendly gesture to... humans, basically.

On second thoughts, maybe not.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 16, 2014, 07:56:25 am »

-1 to creepy smiles.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 16, 2014, 07:58:59 am »

I agree to the no smiling thing, sorta forgot to post earlier, derp.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 17, 2014, 12:34:39 pm »

First wave at them and say "I came in peace", and wait for answer. If they speak in language you don't understand then use the Mind Link, after you try to explain to them (by waving your hands and doing "magic gestures") that you will cast a non-leathal spell between you and them, then communicate the same thing.

It goes without saying that our undead should stay out of sight, but close.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 20, 2014, 01:17:34 pm »

Too soon to bump this amazing game?

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 21, 2014, 07:10:50 am »

Too soon to bump this amazing game?

Considering my "normal" update-speed, no, not really to soon or anything. Thing is, I had a stroke of creativity last weekend. Normally a good idea leaves me with "Yeah.. that would be nice to do..", but this one pretty much left me with "I have to do this!". So~ now I'm 30+ creatures, 5 or so tilesets and a good amount of decoration objects into this idea. It actually is in the finishing phase - which means I need to word mechanics and options clearly, re-evaluate some of these options, smaller drawing jobs and what-not. If it were not for a party night with my friends, it might even get ready today.

So basically - no update till the start of next week. But then again, you will probably see something very neat from my side in the next few days. ;3

On a more related note, my Pixel-Fu has certainly increased with all these tiles and creatures, so sooner or later Ghoulish should get some changes to its art. I really need to implement tile-sets of some sort, because the landscape is currently quite borish, with the angle ever-changing too. Which basically means that not only do I need overall more time for the pictures, they are also of lower quality than they easily could be. So I guess an art update is also in planning, and should arrive in this thread before next month.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 21, 2014, 08:27:49 am »

Those are good news!

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
  • The lazy asshole, who chews pens on this forum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 03, 2014, 11:01:13 pm »

Wish I could work some pixel magic.....*siiiiiiiggghhh*
Yes, you are the perfect example. You possess all the powers of a pen! This man right here, is mightier then many swords.
Back to our regularly scheduled bullshit. Now with more paranoia and eldritch.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40