Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40

Author Topic: [ISG] Ghoulish  (Read 82414 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Ghoulish
« Reply #225 on: April 12, 2014, 03:59:31 pm »

Why not head back and get the other hunter corpse? Increase our minions by 33%.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 12, 2014, 04:28:29 pm »

Why didn't we do that earlier?

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 12, 2014, 04:34:11 pm »

Why didn't we do that earlier?
We did, I think.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 12, 2014, 04:42:49 pm »

Pick up a good sized stone, and cast Change Object on it. Modify it to be soft and chewy, smell of flowers, and highly toxic to animal life. Hurl it into the goat pen. They are goats. They will eat it.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 12, 2014, 04:49:36 pm »

Pick up a good sized stone, and cast Change Object on it. Modify it to be soft and chewy, smell of flowers, and highly toxic to animal life. Hurl it into the goat pen. They are goats. They will eat it.
This is an awesome idea. +1

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 12, 2014, 05:29:14 pm »

+1 even if the poison doesn't kill them within the hour they will have rocks in their stomachs.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 13, 2014, 01:04:31 am »

+1 even if the poison doesn't kill them within the hour they will have rocks in their stomachs.
+1

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 13, 2014, 08:28:59 am »

+1
+1

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 13, 2014, 02:45:29 pm »

The Plains of Grating, Fifth Age
The Age of Death, Year 625

Day 7, Early Morning

You form a cunning plan to quite possibly kill the goats without making a ruckus. It would pose no problem to find a stone of the right size – this being the mountainside helps on that part. As for the magic part, making it soft and chewy would pose no problem either. Smelling of flowers is actually a bit more complicated, but very doable. Changing it to be toxic would be the easiest of the three – and by that point you realize that so many changes is above the capabilities of "Change Object". It would require the spell "Temporary Transmutation", as each additional magical change would be interfering with the one previously introduced.

Racking your brain for a good solution, you spy one of the local shrubs – which has obvious signs of being eaten from. Since wild animals normally shy away from human settlings, and after inspection find all of the nearby shrubs to have been fed upon, you conclude that the goats ought to be the culprits. Soon enough you have located one rather intact specimen and cast the spell on it after uprooting.
-30 MP

You cut off the green branches, intent on scattering them so that none of the goats would be able to monopolize on it. The animals inside of the pen are a bit agitated when you get close, but not overly  so. To your dismay, throwing the branches inside seems to have been the last straw for them, and they let loose panicked bleating. It takes only a moment of the bleating, and it is joined by aggressive barking. Followed by a canine sprinting out from behind the house.

Necropedium

Wounds and repairing the Undead
While often unfaltered by even the worst of wounds, the one drawback of the undead is their lack of natural regeneration – with some variants of natural undead and fleshgolems being the exception. For a skeletal construct, weaving any broken or missing parts back on is quite possible. If such a practice has any merit, is for the necromancer himself to decide.

Joining the bone back together would require "Necromantic Healing", which also would work on most damages any corporal undead would have sustained.

Magical wounds that have been inflicted on a ghost may or may not heal on their own, but the needed timespan can stretch decades. For such cases, consuming a souls essence via "Enslave Soul" should normally help the individual in question. Should the target be unable to do so on its own, a variant of "Empower Ghost" ought to give the same results.

As always, specific magical conditions can hinder, negate or even worsen attempts at healing. Consult the chapters "Blessings & other Curses", "Divining Magical Afflictions" and "Personal Wards" for a more in-depth treatise if this should be the case.

You have strengthend your transmutatonic knowledge.

Currently:
202/205 HP
42/175 MP
50 MP Stored

Well-Fed - Doubled HP-Regeneration
Sentient Nourishment - +3 Agility and Intelligence for Skill- and Combat-checks
Slight Cut - 3 - What once was a deep cut, has healed nicely

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Followers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mind Map (click to show/hide)

" So much for subtlety... "

On one hand, I very much like and encourage crafty suggestions as these. On the other hand, allowing change object that much freedom over an object, could break the game. Or rather, what else could one learn in the school of transmutation then? As I really would not like to simply deny such a good suggestion, I hope the work-around is acceptable. Not that it really mattered all that much with how things turned out, but... >>

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 13, 2014, 03:11:32 pm »

Do we have our skeletal companions with us? If so, fight! If not, run away and make sure they don't get a good look at us if the people come out.. ((Can't let people know we're here.))

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 13, 2014, 07:30:05 pm »

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 14, 2014, 12:36:07 am »

" Both Skeletons are in the immediate vicinity - as in, they might not be here in time for the dog, but I have the sword strapped to my back. There have been no horse-noises from the pen, so getting away from any humans should pose no problems - not only because it still is night and their vision will be impaired, but also in terms of endurance. "

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 14, 2014, 08:16:47 am »

Okay. Get on the horse, and ride away. If possible, have the other skeleton ride with us. Otherwise just have the skeleton start running back to base.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 14, 2014, 10:12:06 am »

Call the horse for your escape, but ready your bow as well. If you have the chance to take the shot before the Horse or the Dog reaches you, you might as well take it and see what kind of damage you do.

Killing the dog via archery and running would be behavior consistent with bandits moreso than with the undead, and we'd rather the humans think we are the former if possible.

On the other hand, if the dog reaches us before we can run, don't be afraid to drop the bow and fight it. A dog's main weapon is its teeth, and I get the feeling that biting a ghoul would be neither healthy nor pleasant. I get the feeling that it would take a quick bite doing some minor damage, leaving us open to get into it with our claws. The horse will also provide backup if needed should it reach us during the fight.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40