Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: AvP the RTD: Rieker's Island  (Read 13429 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: AvP the RTD: Rieker's Island
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2014, 04:16:22 pm »

I would attract pirates by talking about riches and glory of the hunt on the island.
Better hope they don't capture you and torture for fun and information.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2014, 05:08:36 pm »

Action PM'd.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2014, 05:47:36 pm »

Kill. Learn. Threats everywhere. Eliminate.

Go out and discover all the underwater areas; cave lakes, rivers, ponds, the outer area of the island.

Need a way to get around.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

blazing glory

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2014, 07:48:34 pm »

Action PM'd

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2014, 08:36:45 pm »

One moment and I'll double-post the action post. All PM actions are handled in PMs, unless the action taken is visible to another player, then it will be handled in the topic.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2014, 08:37:20 pm »

Hunt for prey.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2014, 08:42:36 pm »

Head to the island's social spot (Tavern, marketplace etc.) and snoop around and ask questions to see what is going on
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2014, 09:17:05 pm »

That is...good to know.
Mind if I ask two things?
1. Could I see at least the character names and usernames of the other pirates?
2. Yourmaster, how are you trying to recruit pirates? And would it be fair to assume that you are a native?

1. That's three things.
2. You'll be able to piece them together pretty easily, because there aren't any, IIRC.
3. -Wasn't directed at me, just adding it for posterity-

Only players that have posted actions are being handled so far. Don't worry, you can't really 'get behind' until we get into combat, so just post an action when you get a chance. As I said in the last post, any player actions that are PM'd and not visible to other players will be handled in PMs, any that CAN be seen by other players will be handled in topic. Keep this in mind. If you suddenly see your 'And I lay an ambush for the xenomorph...' post in the topic, it's probably because you failed your cunning roll so hard you broke something.

---
Alien
Fang
Here goes my attempt to establish backstory without some information... Mind if I rewrite it?

Also we're free to roleplay anything (logical and sensible, ofc) we want?

Go and explore the beach, observing the vast ocean overflown with life.
1. Go ahead.
2. Yes, to an extent. No ERP, no blatant idiocy (Act like a reasonable... Hyperpredator.) and so on. Xenomorphs are... Reasonably intelligent, but you have to remember that they aren't as smart as humans by any means. They're just viciously cunning.

You lope down the beach easily on two legs, tilted forward with your arms tucked up to your chest, and your tail out behind you counterbalancing. As you run, you see a plume of smoke going into the air farther down the beach, and you can smell a vast variety of life, including humans. You also smell blood, a bit to your east.

(Cheesecake-morph)
Kill. Learn. Threats everywhere. Eliminate.

Go out and discover all the underwater areas; cave lakes, rivers, ponds, the outer area of the island.

Need a way to get around.

You clamber deeper into the caverns than most of the other drones and warriors had been willing to go, squeezing through gaps that you probably shouldn't be able to fit through, but with copious amounts of mucous lubricating your flesh and some determination, you managed it. As you wriggle through the caves and caverns, you find a system of caves that connect with the ocean, and also lead to several cave entrances on the surface. As you keep going, you finally begin to realize that the entire island is honeycombed, and you could hunt for years without ever leaving the underground. The surface is vastly richer in life though, as you can smell quite clearly...

---
---
Predator
[Redacted]
---
---
Human

-Native:
Radik
Go on a hunting trip instead, to prove this is not a bad omen, but a sign of our greatness. Before I go attempt to get a group of pirates or other hunters to help me.
You told the Elders you were not afraid, and they sighed sadly, and gestured at a group of like-minded hunters. "Go and hunt then, Radik. We will not stop you. But please, be on your guard, and do not take this lightly. This is a time of great danger. Farewell, young one." You leave with four other hunters in tow, heads held high and eyes bright. You all fade into the underbrush with hardly a sound...

Running with Winds
Look around town and gather up as many native hunters as I can find to speak with.

You search the town high and low, and as far as you can tell, most of the inhabitants are collected at a pair of taverns at this moment, discussing the Governor's order. You go into the first tavern, and after much cajolery, you leave with a pair of Native hunters at your side. The second tavern proves more fruitful, as a White Man decides to join you, along with another two Natives. As you're gathering together this small band, another White Man comes up to you and holds out his hand for a handshake, saying, "I'm Alex Dorth, and I just was curious about why you're gathering men together. Is it in relation to the strange order the Governor has given?"

-Pirate:
[Redacted... For now]

-White Man:
Alex Dorth
Head to the island's social spot (Tavern, marketplace etc.) and snoop around and ask questions to see what is going on

You enter a bustling tavern, and order an ale. As you sip your ale, you wander around, talking to people about the situation on the island. One man stands out in particular, a Native with a lot of mystical looking tattoos, and some strange markings carved into his forehead. His striking green eyes pierce into you as you hold out your hand for a handshake and say, "I'm Alex Dorth, and I just was curious about why you're gathering men together. Is it in relation to the strange order the Governor has given?"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2014, 09:53:15 pm »

"No this is all to do with my tribe and our prophecy. Go home white man, this is our war. If you don't your going to be buried here."

Travel from tribe to tribe and inform them I'm calling for a competition to find the best 8 hunters in the tribes and ask them each to send along a few of there best.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 03:02:06 pm by PewdsRocks »
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2014, 09:55:47 pm »

Hunt as much game as possible with my group.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2014, 10:38:59 pm »

GWG stop trying to cheat. You'll find out who they are by playing if you were meant to know right away it wouldn't have been done by pm.
We're all supposed to be from the same ship. How the hell do we not know each others' names, let alone how many there are?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2014, 11:38:15 pm »

You were rescued by a different ship so that doesn't make you from the same ship. No reason that they should have taken the time to fill you in on everything. Hell I grew up with the other natives and have known them my entire life and I don't know who they are.
You'll find out sooner or later just wait and see, much more interesting that way.

Also, you also asked to known the race of another player and asked for the same before the game even began despite the fact that the GM was doing it by PM and not publicly for a reason.

And now on the expert advice of half a dozen people. I'm going to cease responding to you because it's senseless.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 11:40:12 pm by PewdsRocks »
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2014, 11:48:15 pm »

Hunt. Kill. Advantage.

Use the tunnels as a way of traversing the island. Find a source of life using the tunnels, but don't attack. Map out the island first.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2014, 11:51:43 pm »

I've PM'd my action.
This is gonna be fun.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2014, 02:40:03 am »

"No this is all to do with my tribe and our prophecy. Go home white man, this is our war. If you don't your going to be buried here."

Travel from tribe to tribe and recruit the best hunters, leave the white man in town to keep tabs on whats going on for me. Teach the current 4 hunters to bring them up to my level of skill.

"War? Well if there is anything I can do to help, just let me know, if this island lockdown is due to a war, it is in my best interest to have it be solved quickly, so if I can help I will"

Continue to search town for info on the island quarantine
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8