Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: 10 days to save the world (Day 1)  (Read 18617 times)

blazing glory

Re: 10 days to save the world (Day 1)
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2014, 01:52:29 am »

Go outside and buy some nachos then go to the gun store and buy a gun fitting my size as a minotaur

Horay! thanks to your size you can use a machine gun as a assualt rifle of sorts (not to be confused with a puny Sub machine gun)

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2014, 04:07:02 am »

Sorry about not posting yesterday. got caught up in some RL stuff.
Why did he have to be an Anti-nihilist? Spread to the onlookers as they could never build a machine so marvelous, they might as well give up.
I place a bit of myself in the device spreading the feeling that "If a hobo can do it so can I!"
(2) vs (6)

The onlookers feel a small bit of self doubt upon seeing the hobo's creation, but it is immediately replaced by an urge to develop their own inventions and dreams. Everyone stops what they are doing and runs off to start inventing with whatever they can find, even robbing stores to get the necessary supplies. Unfortunately, while Phantasos was putting a bit of himself in the machine, he fell slightly under the effects of Self-Deprecation. Unsure of whether the small bit would be enough, he put himself in completely, dragging Self-Deprecation in with him.

Get out of the way of the van and start lying down and start purring,get out of being taken away because their adorable.

if that fails make another roll to turn into hissing balls of fury and make the humans run in tears treating their scratches.
(5)

The humans find you adorable and begin to pet you. One of them even gives the bottle of milk he was saving to give to his baby son. They wave good bye to you as you walk away. Unfortunately they still took your whole army.

"My mop! Who the hell steals a mop anyway? Dammit, have to clean this up some how...."

Call up some bros and have them come over and help clean up shit

"Gotta call in a favor..."
(4)

-1 favors
You get a few of your friends to come over and help clean up. You finish right before the first customer walks in through the door. He's wearing a business suit and looks depressed.

Posses the spirit of one of the campers to brutally murder his companions, before eating their souls.
(1)

You attempt to posses one of the campers, but miss. Looking around from your new body, you realize that you have instead possessed a squirrel. Suddenly you hear two loud growls from behind you. Looking back at the camp, you see the campers are holding some leashes, but no dogs are attached.

Ask for, and drink apple juice through a straw
(5)

Your face is still recovering, but one of the doctors hands you some apple juice to help quench your thirst. The apple juice tastes delicious, or it would if your tongue wasn't burned so badly. At least it smells delicious. You're face is almost done being treated.

Go outside and buy some nachos then go to the gun store and buy a gun fitting my size as a minotaur
(6)

You buy some cheesy nachos from a street vendor and enter the gun shop. Finding a pair of helicopter-mounted mini-guns, you buy them and strap them onto your back. The store owner then asks to see your gun license. Looking around, you realize that you left your wallet at the house. Police begin to converge outside and the owner asks for the mini-guns back, no refunds.

Name:Voltron
Creature:Robot
Brief description: lion voltron, not car voltron
(4)

You fly over the city as people cheer below. As you split into your separate lion forms and land to sign autographs, you notice that police are converging on a gun store down the street.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2014, 04:30:53 am »

((Have I angered any Hindu gods recently, or why do I roll so poorly?))

Manifest in the minds of the police trying to arrest a minigun-wielding minotaur. Corrupt the machine. Break it. With the machine broken, people will only think it works once, and will laugh at the crazy hobo, who will in turn see the laughing as personal flaws, making me stronger.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 09:42:41 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2014, 04:35:22 am »

((Too be fair, my rolls were all pretty bad too... my good roll was for drinking freaking apple juice xD))
Appreciate the exquisite smell that is eau de jus de pomme (apple juice scent) and rest, hoping my luck will hold and I'll recover soon
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2014, 06:05:32 am »

chat up the businessman, offer him a pint on the house
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2014, 07:10:51 am »

"Oh fu-!" UP A TREE NAOW.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2014, 09:37:03 am »

Manifest in the minds of the police trying to arrest a minigun-wielding minotaur.
((You can't. we're both trapped in the VTCD (veggie to candy device) remember?))

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2014, 09:40:37 am »

((You can't. we're both trapped in the VTCD (veggie to candy device) remember?))
((This was supposed to be a new instance of the idea, created on the spot, but guess I can change my plans...))

blazing glory

« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2014, 11:57:51 am »

Drat! At least there are no dogs around.Start roaming the city seeing the sights.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2014, 11:58:27 am »

Get a better look at my suroundings.
Hey, Gm, you forgot my action.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2014, 01:30:47 pm »

((This was supposed to be a new instance of the idea, created on the spot, but guess I can change my plans...))
((Oh I kind of got the impression that you were like the sole embodiment of Self Deprecation as a god or something. Also GM can opposing eachothers action be free for me and IcyTea as we will inevitably oppose eachother unless it doesn't really effect us and that means that the second person to post would have severe restrictions in their actions.))
Well I should still be able to send dreams and visions to my followers so I send the hobo designs for legs and two screens for me and Self Deprecation to manifest on.

Manifest in the minds of the police trying to arrest a minigun-wielding minotaur. Corrupt the machine. Break it. With the machine broken, people will only think it works once, and will laugh at the crazy hobo, who will in turn see the laughing as personal flaws, making me stronger.
Not to be mean but that action is illogical. the machine is very cheap and the hobo now has at least some money and also knows how to make/fix it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 05:44:21 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Voltron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2014, 03:26:02 pm »

Voltron flies to the gun store and tells the police that the minotaur is an escaped genetic experiment from galaxy garrison.  I take custody of the minotaur as well as the mini-guns (because they have been "contaminated with dangerous mutigens") and fly out of sight.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2014, 03:59:17 pm »

Get a better look at my suroundings.
Hey, Gm, you forgot my action.
Sorry about that.

(4)

You look around and realize that you are in a large plastic cylinder with large black plastic bags inside. Upon closer inspection, you realize these bags are filled with all sorts of waste and garbage. Suddenly the entire container is lifted and you begin falling into the back of a giant truck filled with more black plastic bags.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2014, 10:29:24 pm »

((Also GM can opposing eachothers action be free for me and IcyTea as we will inevitably oppose eachother unless it doesn't really effect us and that means that the second person to post would have severe restrictions in their actions.))
Actions can be changed later, though it may start an edit war.

Not to be mean but that action is illogical. the machine is very cheap and the hobo now has at least some money and also knows how to make/fix it.
Logic and reality don't always matter. I don't have to make things be true, I just have to make people think they are so. While fallacious thinking is fallacious, it has it's uses, especially when you're a Manipulative Bastard like my character would to be if I didn't constantly roll poorly. In real life, if a random hobo presented a world-changing invention and it wouldn't work, he would simply be laughed at and dismissed, even if the machine would work in theory if it was honed.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2014, 08:06:27 am »

((Also GM can opposing eachothers action be free for me and IcyTea as we will inevitably oppose eachother unless it doesn't really effect us and that means that the second person to post would have severe restrictions in their actions.))
Actions can be changed later, though it may start an edit war.

Logic and reality don't always matter. I don't have to make things be true, I just have to make people think they are so. While fallacious thinking is fallacious, it has it's uses, especially when you're a Manipulative Bastard like my character would to be if I didn't constantly roll poorly. In real life, if a random hobo presented a world-changing invention and it wouldn't work, he would simply be laughed at and dismissed, even if the machine would work in theory if it was honed.
1. Yeah but it would always have the same effect as we don't want eachother to make progress.
2. You make some good points and you plan is sound.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12