Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: 10 days to save the world (Day 1)  (Read 18526 times)

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
10 days to save the world (Day 1)
« on: March 26, 2014, 11:23:59 am »

I have wanted to do an RTD but haven't tried making one yet so I thought I would just make this one as a sort of test and see what feedback and suggestions people give me. I don't know what constitutes a Minimalist RTD, but this is based on some that I have seen.

The world is in grave danger, but noone knows why. You are in a generic modern city and suddenly get a gut feeling that the world is about to end in 10 days. It is up to you now to Save the World!...or just mess around and do whatever you want.

Please post a character sheet based on the model to sign up. There won't be a player limit.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

I'll probably try to update once at least once a day and will decide how time will progress (Every week (7 actions) will be one day)

Spoiler: Current Players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 12:04:52 pm by Erils »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: 10 days to save the world
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 11:33:15 am »

Name: Hakeem Johnson
Creature: Some dude
Description: An average joe with an irrational hate of balloons, mustard, and guys named "Jimmy" Learned of Earth's impending demise through an email from a Nigerian prince who was deemed very trustworthy
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 11:49:21 am »

Name: T̨̲̭̲͍̦̙̰͙͡h̵̫̭͡ę̠̪̜̫̝̀ͅͅ ̸̝͚̬̼̙͢ͅS̖̯̰̞̦̠o̡͍͕͚̪̯͠u͈͉̮l͘҉̘̲̳̠̞̮̪͞l̝̳̯è̤͖̪̤̦ṣ͓́́͞s̤̟̦̥̖̀ ̝̜̱͎o̼̹̟̻̯̝̜͡n̷̢͍͔̝͝é̶̱̙͖͔̘͚͓̠

Creature: D͏̯͈̲͠a̢̨̘̝͕̪̳e̢͚͖̮̫̠͉̠̰͘͘m̥͇͚͕̮͕̮̀͜͠o͏̧͍̤̰ǹ̩̪̠̤̖̕

Age: Ì̫̮̮͖͎̗̩͘ǹ̖̜̞̮̙͓̦͕̝f̶̯̯̕i͍̰̕͘͡ṇ̜̬͙̩͍ą̵͓͔̺̲̮t̸͎̱̜͘u̥̖̹̰̮̘͞m͉̬͓̠̬͜͠

Occupation: C̛̮̞͠o̧̜̺n̴̲̙͓̻̮̠̝͞s̷͓̖͚̳͚͚͎̗ͅu̸̜̼͔m̼͇͖̪͘ẹ̺̤̙̮̼̬̕r̸͖͠ ̧͏̸̭̮̣̰̳ͅo͙͇̘̗̰̬͜͢f̯͉͝ͅ ̬͡s͏̤̜̗o̵͚͍͎̬u̸̼͎̩̦̕͞l̡̪̠͈͕ş҉͏͉͔̖

Brief description: H̻͈̟̼e̵̡̤̦͉ ͉͕̣̭̮͔ͅc̸̷̗̜̩͍ơ̪̰̥̣̱m̮̼͇͈͚͢͢͟é̢̲͚͇̟̤͙̬̬s̮͉͝ ̵̡̫͈̦t̡̮͍̱̼͚̹͠ͅͅo̞̼͉̫̙̪̞͓ͅ ̩̬͔͍̜̀d͚̭̘̱e̬̳̥̕v̷͈̣̥̥͡ͅo̴̧̙̮̩̗̮̮͈͉u̜̞̪̳͚͇̞̝͡r̡̤͖ͅ ̛̪̝̺̮͖͘ḙţ̞̺͚̗͞e̶̥̫̭̳̲͚̲r̴͍͍͘͜n̬͇͎̥̹̺̗̪̻i҉̱̮̻̖͈̝͠ţ̶̭̺̗͓͡y͖̟̬̪͉̮͘͠

Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 11:53:05 am »

Name: Rocket Racer
Creature: LEGO minifigure
Gender(if applicable): Male
Occupation(if applicable): Racer
Brief description(what do you look like/personality): Will write later.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 12:08:17 pm »

((A character can be literally anything? Challenge accepted.))

Name: Self-Deprecation
Creature: Memetic Idea
Brief description: An idea spreading from people to people through speech and actions, leading to a feeling of worthlessness, giving up dreams and possibly depression.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 05:43:52 pm »

Name: Phantasos
Creature(i.e. Human, Eldritch, Elephant, etc.): god
Gender(if applicable): male
Occupation(if applicable): god of inventive and/or surreal dreams.
Brief description(what do you look like/personality): Spends most of his time in the dreamworld manifesting himself as inanimate objects in inspiring dreams of inventors. Also those weird ones where you're being chased by a giraff in your underwear. Is generally quiet but will talk to anyone about his inventions. Hates Self Doubt.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 07:18:10 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 07:12:42 pm »

Name: Eric Hale
Creature: Human
Brief description: Fry cook by day, Night Elf Hunter by night!
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 07:16:33 pm »

I have wanted to do an RTD but haven't tried making one yet so I thought I would just make this one as a sort of test and see what feedback and suggestions people give me. I don't know what constitutes a Minimalist RTD, but this is based on some that I have seen.

The world is in grave danger, but noone knows why. You are in a generic modern city and suddenly get a gut feeling that the world is about to end in 10 days. It is up to you now to Save the World!...or just mess around and do whatever you want.

Please post a character sheet based on the model to sign up. There won't be a player limit.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

I'll probably try to update once at least once a day and will decide how time will progress (I'm thinking about each RL day representing an in-game day, but am not sure I will update enough for that. Maybe one in-game day is a RL week? or is that too long?)
7-1 action to day ratio sounds good

blazing glory

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 01:14:08 am »

Name:Tickles
Creature:Bobcat
Brief description:Bobcat pretending to be a normal cat,succeeds because owner is a bit blind.

blazing glory

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 01:14:45 am »

Name: T̨̲̭̲͍̦̙̰͙͡h̵̫̭͡ę̠̪̜̫̝̀ͅͅ ̸̝͚̬̼̙͢ͅS̖̯̰̞̦̠o̡͍͕͚̪̯͠u͈͉̮l͘҉̘̲̳̠̞̮̪͞l̝̳̯è̤͖̪̤̦ṣ͓́́͞s̤̟̦̥̖̀ ̝̜̱͎o̼̹̟̻̯̝̜͡n̷̢͍͔̝͝é̶̱̙͖͔̘͚͓̠

Occupation: C̛̮̞͠o̧̜̺n̴̲̙͓̻̮̠̝͞s̷͓̖͚̳͚͚͎̗ͅu̸̜̼͔m̼͇͖̪͘ẹ̺̤̙̮̼̬̕r̸͖͠ ̧͏̸̭̮̣̰̳ͅo͙͇̘̗̰̬͜͢f̯͉͝ͅ ̬͡s͏̤̜̗o̵͚͍͎̬u̸̼͎̩̦̕͞l̡̪̠͈͕ş҉͏͉͔̖

Brief description: H̻͈̟̼e̵̡̤̦͉ ͉͕̣̭̮͔ͅc̸̷̗̜̩͍ơ̪̰̥̣̱m̮̼͇͈͚͢͢͟é̢̲͚͇̟̤͙̬̬s̮͉͝ ̵̡̫͈̦t̡̮͍̱̼͚̹͠ͅͅo̞̼͉̫̙̪̞͓ͅ ̩̬͔͍̜̀d͚̭̘̱e̬̳̥̕v̷͈̣̥̥͡ͅo̴̧̙̮̩̗̮̮͈͉u̜̞̪̳͚͇̞̝͡r̡̤͖ͅ ̛̪̝̺̮͖͘ḙţ̞̺͚̗͞e̶̥̫̭̳̲͚̲r̴͍͍͘͜n̬͇͎̥̹̺̗̪̻i҉̱̮̻̖͈̝͠ţ̶̭̺̗͓͡y͖̟̬̪͉̮͘͠
How do you do that anyway?

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 02:57:54 am »

Ok time for your starting conditions:
Name: Hakeem Johnson
Creature: Some dude
Description: An average joe with an irrational hate of balloons, mustard, and guys named "Jimmy" Learned of Earth's impending demise through an email from a Nigerian prince who was deemed very trustworthy
(2)

You wake up on the floor of your bar. You have a splitting headache from all that beer you served for your friend's birthday last night and look around to realize that your bar is a mess. The TV in the corner is still running, and some news reporter is talking about a new astronomical discovery.

(2)

You rise from the deepest depths of the underworld intent on devouring everyone and everything. Unfortunately, you rose out of the ground in an abandoned part of town with no souls in sight. After a bit of wandering, you realize you are in a completely abandoned city and will have to travel for a few miles to reach anywhere populated.

Name: Rocket Racer
Creature: LEGO minifigure
Gender(if applicable): Male
Occupation(if applicable): Racer
Brief description(what do you look like/personality): Will write later.

(5)

Your Lego car screams down the track at top speed. You fire a triple rocket barrage at the last second to steal first place from the dreaded pirate captain Brickbeard. As you exit your car to collect your 104th trophy, the crowd cheers your name. The giant who used to force you into rigid positions has not been around for a while, and it doesn't seem like they'll be coming back anytime soon.

Name: Self-Deprecation
Creature: Memetic Idea
Brief description: An idea spreading from people to people through speech and actions, leading to a feeling of worthlessness, giving up dreams and possibly depression.
(2)

You try to spread your thoughts of worthlessness from your homeless, drunk host to the passersby, but today is a Friday. Everyone is happy that the weekend has finally come once again and your attempts to spread self-deprecation are useless. Even your homeless host has begun to repress his feelings of worthlessness since he started receiving more handouts and you are only able to influence him to make the slightest changes.

Name: Phantasos
Creature(i.e. Human, Eldritch, Elephant, etc.): god
Gender(if applicable): male
Occupation(if applicable): god of inventive and/or surreal dreams.
Brief description(what do you look like/personality): Spends most of his time in the dreamworld manifesting himself as inanimate objects in inspiring dreams of inventors. Also those weird ones where you're being chased by a giraff in your underwear. Is generally quiet but will talk to anyone about his inventions. Hates Self Doubt.
(3)

You awake from a dream where you were being chased by a fire-breathing penguin-giraffe and look down at the world. You notice that most people have stopped thinking creatively and that the inventive and surreal dreams that you used to send are becoming weaker and less noticed by the human community. Those who still accept your surreal dreams are often considered lunatics and forced into mental hospitals. You also notice a homeless man has some repressed, but nonetheless present, feelings of worthlessness and self doubt that appear to have gained sentience and are actively trying to spread.

(1)

You barely roll out of the path of the dragons fireball. As it raises its head to prepare another fire-breath, you charge. The dragon roars and shoots a jet of flame at you. You raise your shield, but too late. The fire burns your face through the opening in your helmet and you feel your flesh begin to...fry? You wake up screaming and clutching your burnt face. Your fellow fry cooks call an ambulance as your manager asks them what happened, and, realizing that you fell asleep on the job, fires you as you fall unconscious from the pain.

Name:Tickles
Creature:Bobcat
Brief description:Bobcat pretending to be a normal cat,succeeds because owner is a bit blind.
(4)

You stalk the bird, slowly getting closer. Then, in a burst of speed, you pounce on the bird and tear it apart. Satisfied that your work is done, you carry the bird back to your owner's home and leave it on the doorstep before clawing the door. As your owner opens it, you dart in and proceed to eat your processed cat food and milk. After all, it tastes a lot better than that bird. Who knows where that bird may have been.

Please post your actions as bold so I know which ones they are.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 03:06:45 am »

Have the homeless man create a sign and go around screaming "The End is near!", hopefully making people ponder how the man got into a state that bad, and that the same could happen to them if they get unlucky... All their lives' work would be pointless when they sit on a curb, begging, or travelling the roads only seeking another drink, or screaming the end when nobody is listening. Even if they're not becoming homeless, what if he's right? What if the world really is ending? What if it all has literally been for nothing, and will be destroyed? ((I usually play more heroic characters, an anti-villain will be hard.))
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 03:23:23 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 03:12:07 am »

"God, my head..."

Get up off the floor, wander over to tv and examine it

"What the hell is going on now...?"
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

blazing glory

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 03:20:11 am »

Tickles

Start using the furnature as a scratching post for a while

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 06:29:25 am »

Ok time for your starting conditions:

(1)

You barely roll out of the path of the dragons fireball. As it raises its head to prepare another fire-breath, you charge. The dragon roars and shoots a jet of flame at you. You raise your shield, but too late. The fire burns your face through the opening in your helmet and you feel your flesh begin to...fry? You wake up screaming and clutching your burnt face. Your fellow fry cooks call an ambulance as your manager asks them what happened, and, realizing that you fell asleep on the job, fires you as you fall unconscious from the pain.

Ask for a morphine injection when I wake up and pay attention to how much that raises my health bar (yes thats not wow, but it's still video gamey =P)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 07:27:28 am by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12