Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]

Author Topic: Age of Wonders III - Patch 1.09 is Available  (Read 37810 times)

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Wonders III - Patch 1.09 is Available
« Reply #330 on: August 27, 2015, 05:32:19 pm »

So I download the gog version from piratebay to see if I would like the game. I FUCKING LOVED IT. So I bought at steam because discount, the game crashed so much (like every 10min, in the world map, when trying to enter battles, during battles, EVERYTIME) that I had to ask for a refund.

I'm thinking now about buying another game similar. What do you guys think about Fallen Enchantress? Sorcerer King? I heard a lot of awful things about Stardock and not much about Sorcerer King. Thanks.

Maybe you would like Endless Legend?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/289130/

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 27, 2015, 07:48:03 pm »

I'm thinking now about buying another game similar. What do you guys think about Fallen Enchantress? Sorcerer King? I heard a lot of awful things about Stardock and not much about Sorcerer King. Thanks.

I found Sorcerer King to be pretty disappointing. It gives a very good first impression, but after playing it for a while it just feels like it is lacking in depth.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 18, 2015, 12:03:35 pm »

http://aow.triumph.net/merry-xmas/

"As the Holiday season approaches we’d like to take the opportunity to thank all our fans for their part in making Age of Wonders III bigger and better in 2015.   This year’s additions saw the release of the Eternal Lords expansion, PBEM, the Mac/Linux port and Modding Tools and many other improvements that wouldn’t have been possible without your input.

Other milestones include the arrival of three dev team babies, the recruitment of a Nether-Pole and a refugee artist from the rebellious Belgian provinces.

Triumph plans on supporting the game in the new year and we’re looking forward to your continued feedback. Although there will be no new expansion from us, the first AoW3 MODS are looking fantastic, if you haven’t done so already we urge you to check them out.   (We’re getting echos of the fan created unofficial “1.5” mod for AoW:Shadow Magic, which took the original game to whole new levels)

As for our new project, the team has been making some great progress. There’s a huge engine rewrite preparing us for the future, the gameplay test beds and the first new content is looking wonderful.   We’ll have to wait to show development updates until the game is more complete, but we can say it will be something that will very much appeal to the typical AoW player.

But for now the Christmas vacation is upon us;  we have a team outing tonight; going to view a particular sci-fi movie.

May the Force be with You, and see you in the New Year!

Team Triumph"

So yeah, this was expected. No more expansions.
I am wondering about this new project..." it will be something that will very much appeal to the typical AoW player". I suppose they are working on a strategy game. However I am not sure that it will be turn-based & fantasy themed, but who knows! Perhaps it's AoW Battlecry [IE. AoW RTS]

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 18, 2015, 02:23:13 pm »

It's pretty rich that they boast of the linux port when they left GOG users hung up to dry on that regard. 

Seriously, the game is good enough, but that was assholery at its finest.

Not that they are the only ones. There are quite a few developers in GOG that only bother to develop the steam version.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 18, 2015, 02:50:06 pm »

Perhaps it's AoW Battlecry [IE. AoW RTS]
Heh, that'd be amusing.

Kind of a pity that they're done with the game (no Syrons or Shadow Demons, it seems) but I can't think of anything in particular I'd like to see, and modding is always awesome.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 18, 2015, 02:55:13 pm »

Heh, that'd be amusing.

Kind of a pity that they're done with the game (no Syrons or Shadow Demons, it seems) but I can't think of anything in particular I'd like to see, and modding is always awesome.
Yeah, I was hoping for the shadow world to appear in a last expansion, considering the plot sort of was going that way.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 18, 2015, 03:39:05 pm »

Heh, that'd be amusing.

Yeah. I was sure that they will work on more expansions 'til I saw the first news about the modding tools...after that point it was clear that they are done with the AoW 3. development. Sadly.
Lot of stuff could've been added, including races and classes, but oh well. I can understand it, since they are working on a new engine & game. Let's hope that it will be decent enough.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]