Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: Age of Wonders III - Patch 1.09 is Available  (Read 37841 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Wonders III - Coming Out March 31
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2014, 12:38:19 pm »

I loved the previous games and this is a must get for me as well, specialy now they hired the original soundtrack composer for AoW1. The only thing that disappointed me about AoW2 was the departure from beautiful hand drawn art to weird pre-rendered stuff, and it looks they wont be using much hand drawn art in this one as well, but it looks way better then aow2 did. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole class system yet but it seems pretty solid and a legit innovation over the previous games.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2014, 01:43:15 pm »

One of the game devs (sikbok) posted on the steam forums about how big the game will be to download:
The game will be about 1.7 GB, as compressed for download.
That would be the standard edition btw.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2014, 01:56:09 pm »

One of the game devs (sikbok) posted on the steam forums about how big the game will be to download:
The game will be about 1.7 GB, as compressed for download.
That would be the standard edition btw.
This is a nice bit of good news. Download should be fast and smooth when it comes out.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2014, 02:08:23 pm »

Smaller then expected. Anyway I wonder if we can still dominate enemy/neutral units. I did that during aow1 and aow2 campaigns and it gives you a pretty big advantage, specialy since in aow1 you could dominate enemy hero units and keep them (not sure about aow2).
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2014, 02:39:48 pm »

Smaller then expected. Anyway I wonder if we can still dominate enemy/neutral units. I did that during aow1 and aow2 campaigns and it gives you a pretty big advantage, specialy since in aow1 you could dominate enemy hero units and keep them (not sure about aow2).

It is a modern game, you should just forget about doing anything that might be actually interesting.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2014, 02:42:29 pm »

It is a modern game, you should just forget about doing anything that might be actually interesting.
Hello mister negative. Also, in one of the videos I saw that heroes have "dominate immune", so yes it should be possible. There are also neutral cities (4, as far as I know) that you can conquer to get neutral units as well.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2014, 02:44:06 pm »

Yes there are ways to take control of another players units. I have seen a couple them throughout the various LPs. If you stay in control till the end then you get to keep the unit. This counts for heros as well though your main hero (the leader you make/choose) seems to automatically get protection from mind control so thats a nice thing.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2014, 04:58:03 pm »

In AoW2 there was immunity to mind control as well (an ability called willpower), but that could be removed with a special ability/spell called drain will (which is basically how I got neutral rift lords into my party), so maybe they also have that in aow3, hopefuly.
Of course wizards were completely immune to domination and drain will, but heroes with willpower could still be controlled, with some effort, and it was pretty fun to do so :P
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 05:00:10 pm by TempAcc »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2014, 05:00:34 pm »

The immunity is still called willpower but I haven't seen drain will yet. It might just be a late game sort of thing and none of the LPs I have watched have gotten that far or it might not be in. That is a good question though so I will try to find out.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2014, 05:27:50 pm »

Yea drain will was hard to get in AoW2, so maybe the few LPers that got into the beta just didn't get the opportunity to show it. Basically the only consistent way to get it in AoW2 was to get a magical item forge and forge an item with it. I dont remember of any creature that had it, and I'm not sure you could pick it as an ability for your heroes/leader.

EDIT: gold medal vampires got drain will apparently.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 05:30:51 pm by TempAcc »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2014, 09:06:58 pm »

From what one of the beta players says there isn't a drain will ability.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2014, 07:37:46 am »

all this early access / preorder / whatever nonesense makes me buy less and less games.
here we have another game i wont buy because im stuck betwen:

a: i did not want to preorder
and
b: i do not want to buy a game that is missing content because i did not buy it before it even was made.

i could accept a higher price if i did not preorder. i wont accept less content - that just doesnt feel right to me.
i think this preorder / ealy access modell has spread like cancer, and i hate it.
anyone else feeling the same?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 07:48:06 am by motorbitch »

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2014, 07:57:32 am »

anyone else feeling the same?
Without wanting to just dismiss your post, that kinda sounds like a whole thread in and of itself.

But my short answer: generally doesn't bother me, but it sometimes does with specific types of bonus.  It doesn't in this instance.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2014, 08:03:17 am »

I do kinda agree with you, but is the content really lost on you forever though? I haven't been keeping up with the Joneses but I've always thought that pre-order specials get included in the base game some time in the (far off) future with a patch or "complete edition" or somesuch.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2014, 08:10:13 am »

Yea I dont really feel bad (in this instance) about offering extra stuff in order to stimulate preorders. They're just offering those things right now bundled with the game for a slightly higher price. They'll most likely make the extra stuff available separately after the release or bundled with the game in future "complete edition" releases like Delta said.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23