Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23

Author Topic: Age of Wonders III - Patch 1.09 is Available  (Read 37871 times)

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Wonders III - Released!
« Reply #210 on: April 02, 2014, 06:34:22 pm »

It's classified as Very Easy because a 6-unit army is barely in danger of losing entirely, and not because it's a walk in the park you can expect to come out of unscathed. Sounds reasonable. Reminds me of Very Likely Victory battles, which are quite winnable but you're always liable to lose a unit or two if you're careless. I like it.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 02, 2014, 06:42:46 pm »

Anyone tried the "Charged Army" upgrade on the Wizard class yet?
I doesn't seem to add the damage it promises, or does it only work on units that already have that elf-shockdamage-thing?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 02, 2014, 06:44:17 pm »

I've seen it, but haven't taken it myself. I know the immolate ability the dreadnought class has works regardless of attack origin at least.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 02, 2014, 06:55:06 pm »

It is displayed in the unit descriptions, but it doesn't show up in the damage numbers.
No idea if only the damage display is bugged or the whole mechanic.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 02, 2014, 06:58:54 pm »

It might be intended for apprentice/mage style units. I know the High Elf initiates have a shock bolt ability, and I think it's the same for most non priest magic units.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 02, 2014, 08:37:17 pm »

Info on upcoming patch!

Our plans for the first AoWIII update/patch

Hi everybody,

The dust is settling after launch; so it's time for an update! The team is very happy and humbled with the overall reception so far: reviews, sales, but most importantly we’re happy with overall fan reaction. But of course we can always do better. We’ve spent 39 months developing Age of Wonders III, and we're planning on supporting the game for a long period of time. We’ll release patches, free new features and dlc/expansion packs and we’re looking forward to implementing lots of feedback from the community. For the first update/patch, which will go live in the coming days we are looking at the following items:

Likely fixes:

* WQHD / QHD (up to 2560 x 1440 / 2560 *1600) native resolution display support (the Black & White boxes and blurry text should disappear)
* Frame Drops, particularly when having an army selected removed.
* AI Difficulty lowered for “Squire” – people dying a lot in the first Elven Court mission is not good.
* AI Global Spell Disjunction Spamming is limited
* AI Leaving their walls less quickly in combat
* Disabling of controller / joystick input to avoid camera drift
* Saving profile – e.g. graphics settings – fixed for the ‘Guest’ account.

New Features:
* Previous/Next Button for Cities (added to the city header)
* Quick Save Option.

This Auto-Steam update should drop in the next couple of days. This is just a start! We have many other updates and fixes in the works, including an option to disable observing multiplayer tactical combat between other players.

We are also looking for additional fixes for people having troubles with the online account system, folks getting the game to run through their routers, and compatibility with certain integrated Graphics Laptops / Tablets. Please check the Support Forums and Knowledge base for updates and don’t hesitate to contact us when you have trouble getting the game running smoothly on your equipment.

Thanks for your support!
-The Team @ Triumph

Source

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 02, 2014, 09:26:00 pm »

Anyone tried the "Charged Army" upgrade on the Wizard class yet?
I doesn't seem to add the damage it promises, or does it only work on units that already have that elf-shockdamage-thing?

it does work for me, don't forget that it adds +1 elemental shock "strength" so it just gets add to melee attacks not ranged ones and the hero must "lead" the army so it doesn't work if another hero is leading the army. and it just gets add to the units in his army not all units if you fight with multiple armies.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #217 on: April 02, 2014, 09:42:53 pm »

Thanks for the info Greenbane, put the quote in the OP.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #218 on: April 03, 2014, 12:14:18 am »

That was an interesting defense. I had a single swarm darter with one medal defending a town with a wood wall. The enemy sent in a hero, a darter of their own, and a melee unit of some sort. I basically thought it was over as the only combat spell was the magic fist and I could only cast it once. I moved up to the wall and they approached. They got their hero close enough I only had to move a tile and was able to get all three shots on the hero. The melee headed towards the gate and the hero and darter approached me. I shot the hero again and a ray of hope formed for me as I had damaged it enough that I cast my fist spell and killed the hero. At that point the melee was through my gate but I got three shots on it. It moves almost up to me but couldn't make it into melee range with me. My shots manage to kill the melee and all that is left is the other darter. He had been shooting at me constantly but because of the wall and blight resist only doing three to six damage a turn so I have just enough health to finish it off as well. It was a very fun defense of my city that I thought was a loss but managed to turn it around.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 03, 2014, 12:21:03 am »

Has anyone messed with the game flow settings? I've been very curious what they actually do. And I haven't exactly tried them out yet since I'm too busy actually playing the game instead of experimenting.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #220 on: April 03, 2014, 12:44:16 am »

They are presets for the advanced settings. The advanced settings are Starting town, Starting units, Starting distance, Roads, Roaming units, Treasures, Cities, Dwellings, Resource structures, Visit structures, Treasure structures. Starting town is the size of your town from none, to settler, all the way to Metropolis. Starting units goes from weak to battle and I don't know exactly what it entails. Starting distances are close where your next to everyone else, Average where while you are not next to each other you won't be placed in the corners, and far which basically places you at the edge of the map and if you have 4 players your probably each in a corner. Roads go from none to many and are what can determine exploration speed. Roaming units is also none to many and this will be the structures that produce them. Treasures go from minimum to many and are the random piles of gold and what not you find, be warned if you use a lot then early game exploring is extra important and can make a multiplayer game unfair. Cities go from none to many, the same goes form Dwellings, Resource structures, Visit structures, and Treasure structures. The modes are:
Normal
   Village
   Medium units
   Average distance, roads, roaming units, treasures, cities, dwellings, resource structures, visit structures, and treasure structures
Battle
   Metropolis
   Battle level starting units
   Near distance
   Many roads ands cities
   Average roaming units, treasures, dwellings, and visit structures
   Few resource structures and treasure structures
Empire Building
   Settler
   Medium units
   Far distance
   No roads and Cities
   Average roaming units, treasures, visit structures, and treasure structures
   Many resource structures
   Few dwellings
Adventure
   No starting town or settler
   Strong units
   random distance
   Average roads, roaming units, and visit structures
   Many treasures, Dwelings, and treasure structures
   Few cities and resource structures

If you want to know more about the random map generation settings then I advise iHunterKiller's one video though overall I advise his videos to learn the game period. Anyway here is a link to where he starts talking about the map creation stuff:
http://youtu.be/hTKwI3N-kuU?t=13m13s
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 12:47:01 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 03, 2014, 04:20:59 am »

I wonder how fun a map would be with no settlers, no towns, and tons of dwellings? Fairy fights!

I might try that after I finish my current game.

Edit: Friggin' peasants. The all-conquering monstrosity that my main hero has become flies into battle on her gryphon, alone. Casts earthquake, smashing pretty much every tier I and tier II in the enemy force, then retreats (with a parting banishment on an elemental.) Immediately thereafter the rest of the army reinforces, and mops up. Two tier IVs, three tier IIIs, a hero, and an assortment of weaker stuff killed in exchange for a single tier II. +100 morale for 5 turns due to a victory, -100 morale for 10 turns for a defeat. Some people are hard to please.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 04:57:50 am by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 03, 2014, 04:47:57 am »

Starting in a cave is just setting yourself up for very slow expansion.
Might deactivate it for now.

Edit: Or just restart if i start in one. Might still be fun to explore.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 04:53:16 am by Mindmaker »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #223 on: April 03, 2014, 11:24:30 pm »

I posted a couple days ago that I had some videos of me being beaten by the AI in the campeign on hard. All three videos have been uploaded and are in a video if someone wants to watch that the playlist is here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbGD7QQtiRBnPiIoKPLe2uT3kbI0dTTdC
   On the other hand if you want to see me not failing so hard I have found the normal difficulty of the campaign to be a lot better suited for my skills. I take longer than I need to on the first map though I do explore the whole map instead of just following the road that leads you to your end goal so thats a thing. The videos for the first map will be released over the next few days with the first one already out. Here is the link to that playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbGD7QQtiRBmYM4ek2bV5JVx0J6E8SrXx
I do have all the videos for the first map uploaded but because I don't like bombarding my subscribers inbox's with multiple new uploads of over 30 minutes length a day they will become available at 12 noon EST every day for the next few days.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 04, 2014, 03:53:04 am »

Mana income in this game is insane. I have nothing to spend it on.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23