Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23

Author Topic: Age of Wonders III - Patch 1.09 is Available  (Read 37881 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Age of Wonders III - Coming Out March 31
« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2014, 03:11:35 pm »

I don't know exactly. This is just for the specilization so summon water elemental could be a hidden spell or just under some other category. Anyway I have earth done now:
Earth Specialization overview by iHunterKiller
Code: [Select]
Adept:
   Tier 1 Earth Node Mana Bonus - 0RP
      +5 mana from Earth nodes

Tier 1 Stoning - Combat Instant Spell - 15 mana - 80RP
      Pelts a barrage of rocks at your enemy. Deals 24phys damage to target enemy unit

Tier 2 Stone Skin - Combat Unit Enchantment Spell - 8 mana - 80RP
      Protects a body from physical harm by shielding it with an armor of stone. Target friendly
      unit games +3def

Tier 3 Domain of Earth - Strategic City Enchantment - 80 mana (12mpt) - 150RP
      Target Friendly city now likes subterranean terrain.

Tier 3 Regenerate Walls - Combat Battlefield Enchantment - 20 mana - 180RP
      Walls absorb the earh's power in order to regenerate themselves. Walls restore 20hp at
      the start of each combat round

Master:
   Tier 4 Slow - Combat Unit Enchantment - 10 mana - 240RP
      Target enemy unit is slowed until end of combat. Slowed unit have their movement
      radius halved

Tier 5 City Quake - Strategic Instant Spell - 100 mana - 220RP
      Causes the foundations of a City to tremble and rupture. Destroy 1 random city upgrade in
      target enemy city and kill 20% of its population

Tier 6 Summon Earth Elemental - Strategic Summon Spell - 180 mana (18mpt) - 600RP
      Summons a Earth Elemental - monster 82hp 28move 14def 10resist melee22
      ProjectileResistance* InflictCripplingWounds** MindControlImmunity NightVision
      Floating MagicalOrigin ShockProtection100% BlightProtection100%
      *Gain an additional +2def against ranged attacks (Inherent)
      **Melee and ranged attacks can cause the target to be crippled. Crippled units lose
      -12move for 2 turns

Tier 7 Earthquake - Combat Instant Spell - 50 mana - 900RP
      The battlefield is struck by a devastating earthquake. It deals 60phys damage to walls and
      40phys damage to all units on the battlefield. Flying and Floating units are immune
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2014, 02:03:24 pm »

iHunterKiller has done videos about all the classes. In them he goes over every spell they have (Combat and Global), Empire Upgrades, and their units. There is some interesting things in there such as the Archdruid having 3 mutually exclusive empire upgrades where each of them give your ranged troops slayer for the specified type (Dragon, Giant, or Monster).
Archdruid
Dreadnought
Rogue
Sorcerer
Theocrat
Warlord
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2014, 03:45:49 pm »

Light and dark still exist although they are changed to creation and destruction and tied directly into the morality system. Was nature a specialty in past games? It's not in shadow magic. Ether way, it's gone.

I cannot remember what element made "forests" it could have been Life.

Also Creation? Odd given that Light has actually been one of the more aggressive elements and Death one of the more passive ones.

A couple days old, but your statement has given me visions of a setting where just that is true: life (the antagonist) is creative, aggressive, constantly producing, expanding, much agency, energetic. The protagonist is death, the antithesis of life, but dependent on it. As polar opposite, death cannot actively take action. Life can exist without death, but death cannot exist without life.

Sort of a "death is good" kind of aesop, except not in a stereotypically evil kind of way, or even a kind of "it's just a job" sort of whimsical portrayals that a comedic bent would take (for example, Reaper Man and all in the Discworld universe, or the short-lived Dead Like Me show), or an example of the occasional "I'm immortal but want to die" that comes up from time to time (which often still approaches in a pro-life way, "live if you can, but death ends pain"). Just as a way to examine the concept not as a destructive force, but also without romanticizing or anthropomorphizing it.

Done right, I'm sure it would be just the sort of thing that literary/philosophy nerds (whether self- or professionally-trained) like myself would spaz over. Of course, I couldn't write any such thing. Usually, the best of that sort of treatise on esoteric themes comes not from actively trying to create it, but from the after-action analysis by literary 'experts' (often much to the chagrin of the authors themselves, as readers ascribe allegory to the work that the author did not intend).

Anyway, carry on.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2014, 04:03:48 pm »

Been looking forward to this, until I discovered Dominions 4.
Now I'll probably wait for some reviews and more video material to see how streamlined it is.
I really would have preferred more races instead of the class system nobody asked for.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2014, 04:27:00 pm »

I was able to find something on why the devs went with classes though there might be more elsewhere:
This is something we thought about extensively. But we found the tradeoff between a fixed or constrained race identity and function VS the possibilities race+classes+specializations combos bring to be well worth it.   Are you a Dwarf inventor Dreadnought or a Dwarf that builds his own religious order worshiping the forces of Earth and Fire?  There are countless of possibilities, with some combinations being more “in-character” than others.  We actually found the seemingly  mismatched  combos to very interesting,  like the little goblins going on their holy war.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 30, 2014, 05:13:38 pm »

Light and dark still exist although they are changed to creation and destruction and tied directly into the morality system. Was nature a specialty in past games? It's not in shadow magic. Ether way, it's gone.

I cannot remember what element made "forests" it could have been Life.

Also Creation? Odd given that Light has actually been one of the more aggressive elements and Death one of the more passive ones.

A couple days old, but your statement has given me visions of a setting where just that is true: life (the antagonist) is creative, aggressive, constantly producing, expanding, much agency, energetic. The protagonist is death, the antithesis of life, but dependent on it. As polar opposite, death cannot actively take action. Life can exist without death, but death cannot exist without life.

Sort of a "death is good" kind of aesop, except not in a stereotypically evil kind of way, or even a kind of "it's just a job" sort of whimsical portrayals that a comedic bent would take (for example, Reaper Man and all in the Discworld universe, or the short-lived Dead Like Me show), or an example of the occasional "I'm immortal but want to die" that comes up from time to time (which often still approaches in a pro-life way, "live if you can, but death ends pain"). Just as a way to examine the concept not as a destructive force, but also without romanticizing or anthropomorphizing it.

Done right, I'm sure it would be just the sort of thing that literary/philosophy nerds (whether self- or professionally-trained) like myself would spaz over. Of course, I couldn't write any such thing. Usually, the best of that sort of treatise on esoteric themes comes not from actively trying to create it, but from the after-action analysis by literary 'experts' (often much to the chagrin of the authors themselves, as readers ascribe allegory to the work that the author did not intend).

Anyway, carry on.

Off-topic, but since we're all waiting on pins and needles for the actual release...
Did you know that, in 3.5e D&D, the plane of positive energy is one of the most horrific?  Everything on it heals, and grows.  Heal too much and fail your fortitude save, and you explode into a cluster of gibs... which begin to heal, and grow.  People think the Book of Vile Darkness is bad for introducing the cancer mage, but there was already a plane dedicated to uncontrolled growth.  3.5e makes it clear that positive and negative energy are not inherently Good and Evil.  Often, but certainly not always.

On-topic, I've been playing a lot of AoW Shadow Magic while I wait.  I feel like it captured the best parts of Master of Magic but streamlined the mechanics considerably.  Making things prettier was just a bonus.  I'm really looking forward to this sequel, and I find it very encouraging that the disk space requirement is low.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Age of Wonders III - Coming Out March 31 (thats tommorow!)
« Reply #111 on: March 30, 2014, 06:16:40 pm »

I have been watching someone LP SM for the last week. Now it is so close yet it feels so far.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Wonders III - Coming Out March 31 (thats tommorow!)
« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2014, 06:21:37 pm »

It's just gone the 31st here, and I'm itching to start playing.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Is still a bit of time. One of the devs (I linked it previously) said 9am-10am PST.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is still a bit of time. One of the devs (I linked it previously) said 9am-10am PST.
that's irritating, that's not until 1700 here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

The launch is roughly 16 hours from this post, if anyone is in doubt.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Or if you prefer someone has posted a nice little countdown over on the AoW forums:
http://countingdownto.com/countdown/age-of-wonders-3-steam-release-countdown-clock

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be honest, at first, I wasn't really convinced that Age of Wonders 3 would be a "true" successor to the other games in the serie. I'm a huge fan of Age of Wonders 1 (less so of AoW2 and SM) because of the style and unique atmosphere. The first footage of the game didn't quite catch my attention. It's only the last couple of weeks, as more and more was shown, that I finally capitulated. And now, it can't be on my hard drive fast enough.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Gar dangit. I woke up too soon. Never a trouble any other time, sleep till way after noon any other day but today? Nooooo, I have to wake up over 4 hours early. Same stupid thing that would get me up 3 or 4 in the morning for Christmas I guess.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Age of Wonders III - Coming Out March 31 at 9am-10am PST (thats today!)
« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2014, 10:02:05 am »

Guess whats top selling on steam?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23