Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLVI: Unicorn - Game Over! - Scum Win!  (Read 41157 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVI: Unicorn - Day 4 - Horn Formula
« Reply #300 on: April 27, 2014, 03:58:30 pm »

Really?  It makes sense from a scum perspective to be as active as possible, but most of his posts were just egging people on to play the game.  Which is a form of active lurking: he could have tried to start a conversation.

Would you rather I put my vote back on him, MOWE?  Also, have you known me to back down from anything in mafia?  You've played when I was scum, did I ever "back down" in that game, excluding the time I was trying to get in NQT's good graces by knocking off IG.
Question: If no one's there, how can he start a conversation?

No. I would not. I'm questioning you for voting him on a feeble case and then when others are calling you out on it, retracting your vote for some unknown reason.

I've never seen you back down, no. That's why I'm suspicious when that's what you seem to be doing this time.
Very interesting.  I wasn't backing down, I was testing his reaction.  He reacted calmly, so I had no reason to keep my vote on him.  That's all there was to it.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 27, 2014, 04:31:31 pm »

Why is the post button so close to the preview button? I meant for more to be in that last post... but anyways.

Wolf:
Really?  It makes sense from a scum perspective to be as active as possible, but most of his posts were just egging people on to play the game.  Which is a form of active lurking: he could have tried to start a conversation.

Would you rather I put my vote back on him, MOWE?  Also, have you known me to back down from anything in mafia?  You've played when I was scum, did I ever "back down" in that game, excluding the time I was trying to get in NQT's good graces by knocking off IG.
Question: If no one's there, how can he start a conversation?

No. I would not. I'm questioning you for voting him on a feeble case and then when others are calling you out on it, retracting your vote for some unknown reason.

I've never seen you back down, no. That's why I'm suspicious when that's what you seem to be doing this time.
Very interesting.  I wasn't backing down, I was testing his reaction.  He reacted calmly, so I had no reason to keep my vote on him.  That's all there was to it.
Fair enough. I expect you to answer that question though.

Persus could have easily stayed out of the thread to blend in with everyone else. Instead, he tried to get others to participate ,drawing a lot of attention to himself, and actually asked a few questions if I remember correctly. You seem to be trying to find scumminess where there is none.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 29, 2014, 12:57:02 am »

I'm having a busy week. Vote count tomorrow.

Day ends Wednesday
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 29, 2014, 05:00:57 pm »

Also I must question, what exactly made you suspect the person before me?
Crack-a-lack-a

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 30, 2014, 12:23:13 am »

Day 4:

Votecount:
MastahCheese
MyOwnWorstEnemy
4maskwolf
HissinhWalnuts - Persus13, MastahCheese
Persus13 - HissinhWalnuts

Not voting - MyOwnWorstEnemy, 4maskwolf,

Day ends TOMORROW. Slightly less than 24 hours.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 30, 2014, 04:06:07 pm »

Persus, answer us, your seeming scummy.
Crack-a-lack-a

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 30, 2014, 04:33:34 pm »

So my answering other people's questions and laying out a case on why I thought HissinhWalnuts was scum wasn't trying to start a conversation. If at that point in time, people were actually involved in this game, people should have been formulating cases of their own, which could have started discussion. I laid out my case for everyone, which was inviting people to critique my reasons and arguments, and its worked for the most part in starting a dialogue. In fact, the majority of content today has been because of my case. I was the only voter. How is that active lurking?

Also, Persus, have you reiterated your reasoning that me and Walnuts are scum?
Persus, why exactly do you think HissinhWalnuts is scum?

To me, the obvious kill candidates were HissinhWalnuts and Painiac. Painiac especially since his NL suggestion makes it seem unlikely that he was scum. However, since they didn't die, I feel that one of them must have been scum. Especially HissinhWalnuts, since I was getting a scummy vibe of NAV earlier in the game and he hasn't really been doing much except sit back and watch.

Looking back through the thread, I think NAV is the scummiest player because of how he tried to defend accusations of being scummy. He seemed to do it as if he was scum player instead of a town player.

Also, instead of pushing his own case on who he thinks is scum or something town like that, he's just been using other people's arguments and one sentence lines to attack my argument instead of providing an alternative.

Oh great I'm being last minute scum voted, great job, great job. Vote off the new player great idea, try to get the guy who just joined kicked off, not dickish at all. Blaming someone else's actions on me. Not suspicious at all. Well then, if you want me to vote for someone I suspect as scum, ill just go with Persus for his lack of explanation.
I've explained my case twice, and just did again to 4maskwolf.

Also I must question, what exactly made you suspect the person before me?
And you'll find that in my explanation.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 30, 2014, 04:44:59 pm »

Because you haven't given any solid evidence "I was getting a scummy vibe of NAV earlier in the game" Isn't really lynch vote territory.
Crack-a-lack-a

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 30, 2014, 08:18:53 pm »

Because you haven't given any solid evidence "I was getting a scummy vibe of NAV earlier in the game" Isn't really lynch vote territory.
Did you not read the bit in there about that I had a scummy vibe off NAV because how he reacted to accusations of himself being scummy in a non-town like way?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 30, 2014, 09:31:37 pm »

How where they un town like?
Crack-a-lack-a

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVI: Unicorn - Day 1 - Forest Morning
« Reply #310 on: April 30, 2014, 11:53:50 pm »

How where they un town like?

I'll quote NQT from back in Day 1 for this, as I find it to be the best example.

NAV
NAV You're scum aren't you?
What makes you think I'm scum?
Ahah! I note you don't deny that you're scum. I wasn't really sure before (how could I be, the game has just started?!) but now this is tantamount to admission. This coupled with your question to Cheese: how could a player possibly prove they're not scum?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 01, 2014, 01:33:10 am »

God damnit, well it appears I'm gonna get last minute mafia sniped. Because no one can prove that I'm not scum, so god damnit.
Crack-a-lack-a

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 01, 2014, 03:19:47 am »

Day has ended. Did the unicorns uncover a horse? Or have the horses outsmarted the unicorns? Find out later cuz I'm going to sleep.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVI: Unicorn - Game Over - Scum Win!
« Reply #313 on: May 01, 2014, 12:59:44 pm »

Another day ends. Everyone was strangely silent this day. Perhaps the unicorns already gave up and accepted their fate? Or maybe they were so sure that HissinhWalnuts was a horse that they didn't feel the need to discuss any further?

The unicorns did not know today would be their last day. Upon deciding that HissinhWalnuts must be killed, the rest of the group surrounded him and simultaneously charged. Four dark red holes appeared on his body and very quickly the blood completely drained out.

The two remaining unicorns didn't have much time to ponder HissinhWalnut's death. An ugly sound came out of mastahcheese and MyOwnWorstEnemy's  mouths.

"NEEEEEEIGHHHH-h-h-h".

The enemy have revealed themselves! Persus13 and 4maskwolf took off at once, with mastahcheese and MyOwnWorstEnemy close in pursuit. West they ran, in the direction of the fading sun! Into the woods!

Persus13 and 4maskwolf didn't get far. An ambush party hid a few hundred steps within the forest, masterfully laid by the chief hunter. The two remaining unicorns suddenly tripped! A thin wire hidden between the trees was to blame! Wounded and surrounded, the unicorns accepted their fate.

The last thing they saw was a iron horse shoe.

The mafia have won!

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23