Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLVI: Unicorn - Game Over! - Scum Win!  (Read 41100 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVI: Unicorn - Day 3 - Forrrest Morrrning
« Reply #195 on: April 12, 2014, 10:10:12 pm »

BE MORE ACTIVE EVERYONE!
*fills up Horse chat with neighs and occlusive banter*
*Yells at the players for allowing the game to go more than a day without a post and with no formal conclusion reached*

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 13, 2014, 01:28:06 am »

Yes everyone please be more active.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 13, 2014, 06:37:19 am »

Yes everyone please be more active.
*nudges scumchat, deadchat and threadchat*
:(

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 13, 2014, 09:08:03 am »

I'm here... I just don't really have anything more to say since no one else is here.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 13, 2014, 10:03:27 am »

I'm here, I just don't have a repose ready for mastahcheese. I just have the gut feeling of him being scum, and don't have the time to be reading through the thread again to look for examples.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 13, 2014, 10:05:22 am »

Then ask other people questions.

MOWE, briefly describe your case on WhitiusOpus. WHat of his actions are not Newbie mistakes.

Mastahcheese: Why are you attacking Whitius based on playstyle?

WhitiusOpus: Is there anything more to your case then playstyle criticisms?

Painiac, are you still here? Thoughts on the game so far?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 13, 2014, 10:31:54 am »

Persus:
MOWE, briefly describe your case on WhitiusOpus. WHat of his actions are not Newbie mistakes.
1. He was the one who tied the D1 vote at the last minute.
2. He asked a loaded question of mastahcheese claiming it was to "gauge his reaction," yet if mastahcheese had not pointed out the fact that it was a loaded question, Opus could have easily argued that mastah is scum regardless of his answer.
3. He accused me of jumping on the opportunity to lynch him when I hadn't voted him, but FoS'd him to let him know I was watching him.

And the second part... are you asking what if his actions aren't newbie mistakes or are you asking which of his actions I think aren't newbie mistakes?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 13, 2014, 11:04:29 am »

Persus:
2. He asked a loaded question of mastahcheese claiming it was to "gauge his reaction," yet if mastahcheese had not pointed out the fact that it was a loaded question, Opus could have easily argued that mastah is scum regardless of his answer.
3. He accused me of jumping on the opportunity to lynch him when I hadn't voted him, but FoS'd him to let him know I was watching him.

And the second part... are you asking what if his actions aren't newbie mistakes or are you asking which of his actions I think aren't newbie mistakes?
1 is a really easy mistake to make, and I don't have a problem with. Can you provide evidence for 3? (Like quotes)
2 is a hypothetical and a playstyle criticism. Disliking someone's playstyle should not be a scumtell. I dislike some people's playstyles on this forum, but that doesn't mean I find them scummy.

My question was how much of your case against WhitiusOpus can be attributed to newbie mistakes.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 13, 2014, 02:55:24 pm »

Sorry guys, I had some serious work to do, on top of connection problems. Damn, this looks ugly. Gotta check everything again...

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 13, 2014, 03:50:16 pm »

Wowzers. I would think there would be about 15 pages to read trough, not... 4.

I think town is kinda majorly screwed by lurkings everywhere. Even if someone will find scum, there might be problem with lynching 'em, because scumz can outvote anyone. While town is lurking. It's like every townie already lost hope in winning this game, too much paranoia/inactivity. Despair everywhere.

It might sound ridiculous, coming from lurker, null read etc., but - were at MYLO guys, aye? 4 townies, 2 scum? We already lost our power roles. We can as well pass on this day with no lynch, and get one of us lurkers get shot in the night. Then, at LYLO, we will have one suspicious person less. Am I right?

So, No Lynch, shorten.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 13, 2014, 04:37:17 pm »

While No Lynch might be a good idea, you're assuming that a lurker is one that's going to get Night Killed, it could be anyone.
Sigtext

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 13, 2014, 08:07:36 pm »

Mastahcheese: Why are you attacking Whitius based on playstyle?
Because it seems scummy to me. You may just view it as the way he plays, but I don't.
And since I have been attacking him, he's been showing pretty clear reluctance to respond to me, multiple times now, that doesn't seem very town-like to me.
At first, it seemed like he was trying to appear town by calling others scum, then it seemed like he was trying to create scummy vibes in people, rather than actually find them. And now, like I mentioned, he's not even wanting to respond when I call this out.
It's not just his playstyle, and the more I've pressed him, the more convinced I've gotten that he's scum.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 13, 2014, 08:25:22 pm »

On the No-Lynch:
Yeah, like Persus said, that's really assuming a lurker would get lynched.
I actually did think of bringing up the idea of a No-Lynch in this situation, because it worked well in the first BM that I played, at the end of the game, but if we can lynch scum, then that would be far preferable, as it then gives us a lot more time to find the other one, then just having it down to the wire, like a No-Lynch would cause.

For example, right now it's 6 people, 4 vs. 2. If we No-Lynch, then we're down to 3 vs. 2.
Yeah, we have less of a room for error, but then the other scum will make a NK, and it'll go down to 2 vs. 1, which isn't very good, unless you're pretty darn sure who the other scum is.
If we successfully lynch scum today, then after the night, it'll be 3 vs. 1, with 4 people left.
That's a lot more room for error that we're talking about, and a lot more time to identify the last scum.

The reason I'm pointing this out is because I'm pretty sure I know who one of the scum is, but I don't really have much of an idea on who their buddy is.

So, read time again:

MyOwnWorstEnemy: I still don't really know what to say on you.
Painiac: Pointing out Lurkers, admitting to being one himself, assuming that a lurker will be killed. I... Don't know what to make of that.
NAV: I honestly forgot you were even playing this game.
WhitiusOpus: I'm pretty sure you're scum, as I've been saying.
Persus13: I still have a feeling you're town.

Hmm...

Painiac: You're suggesting that we No-Lynch, but you aren't pressing for questions or anything from anyone.
What would you actually use the extra time for? Do you have an idea on who could be scum, that a No-Lynch might provide information on?

NAV: Care to join us? What are your thoughts on a No-Lynch?

MOWE: Same question as NAV.

Persus: Do you have any insight on who might be the scum?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 13, 2014, 09:59:35 pm »

Can you provide evidence for 3? (Like quotes)
Sure. Here is where I voice my suspicion.Here is where he gives his reads and mentions that I'm "jumping on the opportunity" to lynch him.

My question was how much of your case against WhitiusOpus can be attributed to newbie mistakes.
All of it. But no one else has been giving scumtells that I've seen.

Persus:

1 is a really easy mistake to make, and I don't have a problem with. Can you provide evidence for 3? (Like quotes)
2 is a hypothetical and a playstyle criticism. Disliking someone's playstyle should not be a scumtell. I dislike some people's playstyles on this forum, but that doesn't mean I find them scummy.
1. Fair enough
2. The action itself seems scummy to me. How is that disliking his playstyle? It's one of the few scummy things I've found.

So why are you deciding to take up the defense for Opus and why are you twisting my words around? You keep comparing my thoughts to yours and using this to tell me I'm wrong.

Mastahcheese:
I think it might work, but I highly doubt the scum would kill a lurker at this point.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 14, 2014, 06:39:54 pm »

Day 3
Painiac - Persus13
WhitiusOpus - mastahcheese, MyOwnWorstEnemy
mastahcheese - WhitiusOpus

Not voting - NAV, Painiac

Day ends Tuesday, April 15th 9 PM PST. Tomorrow!

NAV has been prodded again.

BE MORE ACTIVE EVERYONE!

0/2 to extend
1/4 to shorten
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23