Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are Judges, really?

Manifestations of Law Magic that was created by Lezaford many years ago.
- 3 (18.8%)
Powerful, well-trained, and well-equipped officials appointed the task of keeping law and peace.
- 4 (25%)
A combination of the above two.
- 7 (43.8%)
Some other thing (say in the thread).
- 2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Final Fantasy Tactics B12: Judgment Days (OOC Thread)  (Read 16201 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy Tactics B12: Judgment Days (OOC Thread)
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2014, 07:38:37 pm »

Outlaws get Ultima Crasher, which has you doing one of two things; against an ajudged clan, you basically beat the shit out of their judge(which deals damage to all enemies, by the way) and intimidate your own into waiving all laws while keeping the benefits for a time, and against a group(whether it be monsters or true outlaws) without a judge, you still intimidate your own Judge, but you intimidate him into coming down to the battlefield and fighting with you for a short time, while still dealing some damage to all enemies initially. Judges have their own ability set(fittingly called Judgement), and one you will end up being fairly familiar with, even before you get Ultima Crasher or anything like it. >:D
This... wow. All I can say is that I like it a lot.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2014, 07:43:07 pm »

Ultima abilities are properly powerful, as they are usually a bitch to use for one reason or another. They are also things you will not see for a long time, let alone Master(most abilities take 100-300 Ability points to master, which takes a good while; Ultima Abilities require 999.)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2014, 07:45:12 pm »

Ultima abilities are properly powerful, as they are usually a bitch to use for one reason or another. They are also things you will not see for a long time, let alone Master(most abilities take 100-300 Ability points to master, which takes a good while; Ultima Abilities require 999.)
I know, but just imagining that is already enough for me.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2014, 07:49:39 pm »

Fuck yeah! Dark Knight! Can I change my name to Gafgarion?
You risk becoming a recurring villain with that name, you know.
That's the idea.

Fuck yeah! Dark Knight! Can I change my name to Gafgarion?
Yes, I suppose. Doesn't truly matter what your name is, but I'd appreciate if you kept to your bio; he said he'd go to any means for justice, so I did Dark Knight(it also fit his attributes).
Only the name. I'm not changing the bio.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2014, 07:56:02 pm »

Well, what kinda character were you going for? You never said what your character's mother did, but you said she followed in her footsteps, so I went off what I had.
Her mother is a proper Gria, an lady of war in heavy armour('she became equal to her able-bodied kin'). This combined with her Pollyanna outlook, mean she come out as a class that well, shield and enhance allies even in the thick of combat. So it was just the name that missed the mark.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2014, 08:03:09 pm »

Eh. Since their starting job is Hunter, and their magic job is Geomancer, plus just the general theme of their jobs, I'd say they're fairly nature and feralism/emotional intensity themed. Usually about doing heavy damage, too, possibly with debuffs.

Though, I have to wonder if it's biologically possible for a Nu Mou and a Gria to have children...

But alright, if you say so. Not Engineer, then. But perhaps not Sentinel, either, I think. Warden or Sentry, rather; Sentinel doesn't seem to fit with enhancing allies, but in any case, the abilities of the class will change, if it's not Engineer. Not too much, but they will. So perhaps Juggernaught would be better.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2014, 08:08:19 pm »

Though, I have to wonder if it's biologically possible for a Nu Mou and a Gria to have children...
Viera canonically mate outside their race and have children. Gria seem to be just a dragon-version of the Viera, plus with no known male Gria, the children need to come from somewhere...
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2014, 08:19:39 pm »

...That's like saying there's no female Bangaa(plus we have a male Gria in the party...). It's a null issue anyway; they could have married or gotten together or whatnot when the mother was already pregnant.

Anyway. I think it'll be Juggernaught.

With heavy armor and heavier weapons, Juggernaughts define the frontline of battle, keeping their allies safe and shielded.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2014, 08:23:00 pm »

Are there even male Gria to begin with? I mean all the Gria in the game are female, and the only one mentioned to have had a love life was Loa, Bowen's wife.
Viera canonically mate outside their race and have children. Gria seem to be just a dragon-version of the Viera, plus with no known male Gria, the children need to come from somewhere...
The Wiki says there are male viera, but they live in separate societies than the females. Why don't they participate in Ivalian(?), Ivalician(?) society is unknown. We really aren't shown a lot of the world, so I don't know. Maybe male Gria don't exist and every Revaji in Ivalice, barring Cid and Leazoford, are auctioneers.
...That's like saying there's no female Bangaa(plus we have a male Gria in the party...). It's a null issue anyway; they could have married or gotten together or whatnot when the mother was already pregnant.

With heavy armor and heavier weapons, Juggernaughts define the frontline of battle, keeping their allies safe and shielded.
Well, canonically, its implied they exist. There was a quest where you meet a cross-dressing Bangaa that a client assumes is a very strong woman.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2014, 08:24:14 pm »

What would happen if a class that is super high damage and fast got buffed up so that the normal downsides are removed?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2014, 08:25:13 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's spelled Juggernaut

DAMN NINJAS

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2014, 08:28:46 pm »

Code: [Select]
13,13(ouch...)Well, you get the choice between Darkness, and Darkness, flabort.
Yippee.... I get to be all depressed and angry in character about all the imperfection in everyone and everything, especially... myself.
Flat yay.......

((Yay! Exactly what I wanted!))

As to Shaman, yeah, that's pretty darn close to what I wanted.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2014, 09:48:12 pm »

Also, here's a reference for what all the Affinities do for Supports, which work effectively the same way as in FEF.
That is to say: you roleplay with someone and make friends or something, you can request a support; if you're near each other and have a support, you get bonuses.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 10:16:22 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2014, 09:51:43 pm »

I think I want to change my affinity to holy if that make me better at my job... although gravity is flecking awesome... I'll stay with gravity as I have no clue what it affects besides supports.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2014, 10:19:45 pm »

I broke that table into it's component rules (3 points to distribute across each of 6 areas, up to 2 in one, multiplied by a certain value depending on area) and expanded it to a full list. I count 49 possible combinations for Affinities, with only 13 in use.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 10:21:46 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12