Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24

Author Topic: Community vs. Players: Community Thread  (Read 30053 times)

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
Re: Community vs. Players: Community Thread
« Reply #330 on: May 23, 2014, 02:47:52 pm »

Guys, we also need to make up a life story, so the nice PC doesn't get suspicious.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 23, 2014, 06:18:26 pm »

Guys, we also need to make up a life story, so the nice PC doesn't get suspicious.
Shadow's NPC's don't look like the backstory type.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 23, 2014, 06:29:24 pm »

If they ask for a backstory lets just tell them we're from a tribe of goblin exposition npc's, we already mention that our brother does the same job.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 23, 2014, 08:01:36 pm »

If they ask for a backstory lets just tell them we're from a tribe of goblin exposition npc's, we already mention that our brother does the same job.
Hmmm, I think we should cross that road when we get there, chances are they don't care about our backstory at all, and its something we can come up with on the fly.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 23, 2014, 08:42:43 pm »

The firebolt guy responds to the merchant's accusation by saying,
Quote from: firebolt guy
Good merchant, this pirate was a foul bandit who accosted me! Such men have no honor and deserve no fair fight!
To which the merchant responds,

After thinking for a moment, the merchant shoots him again with the stun weapon, and then goes and rummages around in the back of the cart for a few seconds, before returning with a scroll. He speaks an incantation in a powerful voice, and a fiery rune blazes into existence over firebolt guy's head.

The merchant finishes the spell by stating the precise conditions of the Mark.
Spoiler: The Conditions (click to show/hide)
By the time he is done speaking, the paralysis has worn off.

Meanwhile, some very disjointed conversation takes place. Dak goes into exposition NPC mode and the nice adventurer continues her earlier thread of conversation by starting to tell her life story while Rikrin offers her the loot.
Quote from: nice adventurer
"I'll start with the fact I'm a clone. I don't have a bellybutton."

What do you do?

Spoiler: Current Statuses (click to show/hide)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 23, 2014, 08:52:03 pm »

"I come from an honorable family of exposition goblins. I'm a bit of a failure in their eyes though because I need to learn things conventionally instead of instantly knowing the answer to any question asked as soon as I'm asked it."

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 23, 2014, 08:53:11 pm »

"I come from an honorable family of exposition goblins. I'm a bit of a failure in their eyes though because I need to learn things conventionally instead of instantly knowing the answer to any question asked as soon as I'm asked it."
Add more feels.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 23, 2014, 08:55:02 pm »

Also I feel like Dak saying that one short sentence doesn't cut it for Exposition npc mode, we need to add something to it, its missing something, but it has to be on topic.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 23, 2014, 09:03:12 pm »

The only thing he shared was that he didn't have a belly button.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 23, 2014, 10:02:00 pm »

The only thing he shared was that he didn't have a belly button.
I meant not to 'nice adventurer' but in general, sorry for the vagueness.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 24, 2014, 04:28:14 am »

So I heard, we are supposed to go here while waiting for our turn.
We should probably mention to the players that monsters attack more often if you attack your allies, and that people in general are more hostile or something. You know  say that there is some form of penalty for killing allies.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 26, 2014, 01:12:36 am »

We should probably mention to the players that monsters attack more often if you attack your allies, and that people in general are more hostile or something. You know  say that there is some form of penalty for killing allies.
We should probably refrain from making things up, we wouldn't want the merchant to grow suspicious of us.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #342 on: May 26, 2014, 01:35:11 am »

We should probably refrain from making things up, we wouldn't want the merchant to grow suspicious of us.
He's NPC. He's by definition supposed to pretend that the meta doesn't exist. If we mention it in the role of a tutorial character then he'll ignore it.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 26, 2014, 02:45:23 am »

He's NPC. He's by definition supposed to pretend that the meta doesn't exist. If we mention it in the role of a tutorial character then he'll ignore it.
I realize this, but the only thing keeping a lot of these players from murderizing us is the Merchant. Based on his reactions we can safely deduce that he doesn't know we're an enemy, yes. But he also thinks we're an NPC and has background knowledge himself, which means that if we say any information we don't know for sure, he could grow suspicious and stop protecting us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 26, 2014, 09:11:20 am »

Shadow's NPC's don't look like the backstory type.
Precisely.

Add more feels.
How about mentioning that we were exiled for lacking the Gift, and had to turn to thievery for a bit, but now that we've found these adventurers we have a chance to regain our honor?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24