Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

Author Topic: Community vs. Players: Community Thread  (Read 30070 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Community vs. Players: Community Thread
« Reply #300 on: May 03, 2014, 06:38:12 am »

I wanna see them fight them trolls too...

Let the goblin be walking in front of the party so he sees everything first.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #301 on: May 03, 2014, 09:32:23 am »

That's kinda silly. We aren't even near temperate mountains, let alone tropical forested volcanoes.
How do you know?
The lack of trees, mountains, or volcanic activity in the region?
No, I mean how do you know that those things aren't nearby? There's no map or anything. GM hasn't described the world or the immediate region overmuch. You don't have enough information to be making that assumption.

And besides. This is high-fantasy sucka. SUPER GORILAASSSSSS DON'T FOLLOW NO REAL-LIFE RULES ABOUT NORMAL GORILLLASSSSS!!!!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 09:33:54 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 03, 2014, 11:12:02 am »

SUPER GORILLAS
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 03, 2014, 04:31:48 pm »

Regale the adventurers with the tale of the mythical swashbuckling female gorilla pirate, The Gorillass.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 03, 2014, 05:07:03 pm »

Regale the adventurers with the tale of the mythical swashbuckling female gorilla pirate, The Gorillass.
+1.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #305 on: May 03, 2014, 05:26:42 pm »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 03, 2014, 06:21:13 pm »

No, I mean how do you know that those things aren't nearby? There's no map or anything. GM hasn't described the world or the immediate region overmuch. You don't have enough information to be making that assumption.
Look again at the pictures we've been showed. No forest, no trees; no mountains, no hills; no volcanoes, no lava, no recent igneous rock.

And besides. This is high-fantasy sucka. SUPER GORILAASSSSSS DON'T FOLLOW NO REAL-LIFE RULES ABOUT NORMAL GORILLLASSSSS!!!!
Normal gorillas still follow the real-life rules of normal gorillas, though.

-1 to gorilla-related shenanigans.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 03, 2014, 07:01:38 pm »

Look again at the pictures we've been showed. No forest, no trees; no mountains, no hills; no volcanoes, no lava, no recent igneous rock.
This is the terrain we know of:
Rocky path
Troll cave

That is all.
We haven't seen any forests or volcanoes or mountains, but that is just because we haven't been anywhere other than this path yet. There is certainly land off this path, and is is highly likely to be a forest, mountain, hill, or volcano.

Normal gorillas still follow the real-life rules of normal gorillas, though.
No they don't. Real life gorillas don't have health bars, don't have inventories, don't attack in turns, and don't disintegrate when they die. And normal gorillas can live wherever the hell they want in a fantasy world.

-1 to gorilla-related shenanigans.
Agreed, but for different reasons.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 03, 2014, 07:37:28 pm »

Rocky path
Troll cave
That is all.
We haven't seen any forests or volcanoes or mountains, but that is just because we haven't been anywhere other than this path yet. There is certainly land off this path, and is is highly likely to be a forest, mountain, hill, or volcano.
Awfully wide path. And if the path is all that's around...well...there aren't any forests, mountains, or volcanoes around, now are there?

No they don't. Real life gorillas don't have health bars, don't have inventories, don't attack in turns, and don't disintegrate when they die.
Don't quibble. You know perfectly well what I meant.

And normal gorillas can live wherever the hell they want in a fantasy world.
They really can't. Even if you somehow manage to find a non-magical/disfigured/etc gorilla in a desert or whatever, the fact that it's surviving in a desert means that it can't be normal for a gorilla.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 09, 2014, 04:53:35 pm »

Rocky path
Troll cave
That is all.
Awfully wide path. And if the path is all that's around...well...there aren't any forests, mountains, or volcanoes around, now are there?

No they don't. Real life gorillas don't have health bars, don't have inventories, don't attack in turns, and don't disintegrate when they die.
Don't quibble. You know perfectly well what I meant.

And normal gorillas can live wherever the hell they want in a fantasy world.
They really can't. Even if you somehow manage to find a non-magical/disfigured/etc gorilla in a desert or whatever, the fact that it's surviving in a desert means that it can't be normal for a gorilla.

According to Dwarf Fortress everything can live anywhere. So super gorillas sound pretty fun.

Also, maybe we should try to sow discord between the players rather than outright attack them? I mean, the firebolt guy and gun-shooting person seem if anything slightly more hostile now, even if it isn't major. We can't beat them in a straightforward fight, but we might not have to.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 09, 2014, 06:14:16 pm »

According to Dwarf Fortress everything can live anywhere.
Said like someone who's never actually played DF and is hence ignorant of the fact that no, they cannot do that.

Also, maybe we should try to sow discord between the players rather than outright attack them? I mean, the firebolt guy and gun-shooting person seem if anything slightly more hostile now, even if it isn't major. We can't beat them in a straightforward fight, but we might not have to.
I'm gonna -1 the concept until it gets a nice, specific, good plan.
Sig

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 10, 2014, 09:12:58 pm »

Spoiler: GM note (click to show/hide)

The pirate suddenly leaps towards Firebolty, who scrambles to cast a spell!

COMBAT INITIATED - Pirate vs Firebolty!
(initiative DEX ==> (?) (?))

The pirate wins initiative, and manages to get to his opponent before he can cast the spell. He attempts to shove him into the cannon, (wrestling check STR ==> (?) (?)) but the spellcaster manages to hold him off with his staff! Since he wasn't successfully incapacitated, firebolty casts his retaliatory spell, losing 1 EP and dealing (?) 2 damage.

The other adventurer loads her gun, dismisses her ice blade, and draws the axe, moving towards where the kobold landed.

While the fight is going on, the other adventurer and firebolt guy continue arguing.
Quote from: firebolt guy
What manner of presumptuous loon be you, madam? You dare to interrupt the lawful execution of a known criminal and conspirator to treason? Why, if I were an ungenerous man, I would slay you where you stand! Now stand aside!
Quote from: the other adventurer
"And I give the criminal sanctuary under the house of 173, now quit it."

The merchant looks somewhat uncomfortable, and puts a hand on his gun, but doesn't draw it yet.

It is the pirate's turn again. If anyone else wants to join the fight at any time, you can just jump in at any point.

Spoiler: Current Statuses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 'nother GM note (click to show/hide)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 10, 2014, 09:25:22 pm »

The second would be nice.

The kobold should guard the pistol, Dak should mumble "Why are my PC's idiots, my brother got the freaking heroes of Light, I get a Lawful-idiot, a insane pirate, and someone normal.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 10, 2014, 10:25:09 pm »

Have Dak continue to stand there, while our kobold wails "Please, don't let him kill me! I don't want to dieeeee~!"

He will then begin to cry vigorously, while hiding behind the Other Adventurer.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 11, 2014, 07:34:32 am »

But It makes no sense for the Kobold to do that he can't go from having a Firebolt aimed at him unflinchingly to crying and being a coward because there's a fight.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24