Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Author Topic: Community vs. Players: Community Thread  (Read 30085 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Community vs. Players: Community Thread
« Reply #270 on: April 19, 2014, 09:23:22 am »

The Kobold should offer his service to the players. To make up for the robbery attempt
+1 as a pack mule of course.
+1
Dak should just stand stoickly there, like a true NPC who didn't take any damage from the player's attempted attack.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 19, 2014, 09:24:22 am »

The Kobold should offer his service to the players. To make up for the robbery attempt
+1 as a pack mule of course.
+1
Dak should just stand stoickly there, like a true NPC who didn't take any damage from the player's attempted attack.
...+1

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 19, 2014, 09:27:19 am »

Maybe the PC's will think Dak is an invulnerable, plot relevant NPC that the GM will veto all actions to kill.

I can hope, right?

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 19, 2014, 01:17:03 pm »

Maybe the PC's will think Dak is an invulnerable, plot relevant NPC that the GM will veto all actions to kill.

I can hope, right?
"He's obviously a tutorial NPC. If someone didn't know how to code him to be invincible then that's their own damn fault. And who doesn't try to kill important NPCs?"
:P

The merchant replies to this statement by putting away his gun and saying,

While the merchant is talking, the guy with the firebolt looks around to see if he can find more loot. (perception check WIS ==> (?)) He doesn't find the coins and gems that you hid.

Rikrin asks if he can join the party.

They immediately reject your offer.
Quote from: The pirate
"No. And I won't promise anything beyond not killinging him in a proveable way. Which means I pretty much can't kill him."
Quote from: The firebolt guy
We cannot trust thee, foul kobold, for as a captured enemy Mount and Blade has taught me that you will disappear as soon as possible with our loot. Now, strip yourself of your belongings.

Will you comply with firebolt guy's demand?

Spoiler: Current Statuses (click to show/hide)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 19, 2014, 02:35:21 pm »

Tell him no and that we find it worrying that they what to strip us naked, also ask him what this mount and blade is and that he insults our honor by suggesting we would steal, fighting in a even battle and looting the dead yes, but steal is horrible.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 19, 2014, 03:26:50 pm »

Tell him no and that we find it worrying that they what to strip us naked, also ask him what this mount and blade is and that he insults our honor by suggesting we would steal, fighting in a even battle and looting the dead yes, but steal is horrible.

+1, and also have Dak secretly go gather the loot.

"I haven't relieved myself in days! These bushes make a fine location."
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 19, 2014, 04:16:17 pm »

I can hope, right?
As demonstrated by kj attempting to kill him, and getting the action run through?

I can hope, right?
"He's obviously a tutorial NPC. If someone didn't know how to code him to be invincible then that's their own damn fault. And who doesn't try to kill important NPCs?"
Permission to post in the Players thread to refute that?

+1
-1 to having Dak gather loot. That's the PCs' job. Dak's just an expositor.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 19, 2014, 05:00:25 pm »

The point is Dak suffered no damage, luckily.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 19, 2014, 09:51:37 pm »

+1, and also have Dak secretly go gather the loot.

"I haven't relieved myself in days! These bushes make a fine location."

+1
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #279 on: April 20, 2014, 02:30:43 am »

I can hope, right?
As demonstrated by kj attempting to kill him, and getting the action run through?

I can hope, right?
Permission to post in the Players thread to refute that?

+1
-1 to having Dak gather loot. That's the PCs' job. Dak's just an expositor.
+1 to looting. The operative word here is 'secretly' GWG. :p

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 20, 2014, 08:12:34 am »

Yes. Because the PCs won't notice the goblin creeping around and grabbing loot. Or, should we succeed, care that some of their loot disappeared. Look what Kyle thinks of us.

It's unwise, and anyways what're we going to do with it?
Sig

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 20, 2014, 08:14:38 am »

Yes. Because the PCs won't notice the goblin creeping around and grabbing loot. Or, should we succeed, care that some of their loot disappeared. Look what Kyle thinks of us.
If they cath us, we can just say that we're bringing it to them so that they won't have to carry it by themselves.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #282 on: April 20, 2014, 10:27:53 am »

Right. +1 to that plan.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 20, 2014, 12:42:10 pm »

TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 21, 2014, 06:08:41 pm »

I need to clarify something before updating:
The only loot left that the players haven't picked up is the zeta coins and the rubies that the kobolds hid. Do you want to try and stealthily pick up those and then use
If they cath us, we can just say that we're bringing it to them so that they won't have to carry it by themselves.
this excuse if they catch you? Or do you want to attempt to steal some of the loot out of their inventories?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24