Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 46

Author Topic: Launch the Mobile Suit!! - The Gravity Front  (Read 60735 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Launch the Mobile Suit!! - The Gravity Front
« Reply #630 on: July 24, 2014, 07:23:05 pm »

"You know, we should just watch everywhere around us for small ambushes like this."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #631 on: July 24, 2014, 10:12:48 pm »

I just finished the talky segments and was just about to start rolling for hit and stuff. I asked adwarf if he thought it would be fair to have the attacker do at least one damage even if he rolls below his opponent's defense, his opinion was that as long as it was only one point below their def it was fair. I think this rule is good, in the interest of making sure the matches don't run on forever.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 24, 2014, 10:18:07 pm »

I think attacks should always do at least one damage if it rolls under defense. If it's from a dodge I think no damage is fine.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 24, 2014, 10:23:46 pm »

One damage being, like, mainly superficial, right? Or minor penalties for one turn? Then yeah I can accept that, though consider that it makes Hit(& Move) more important than Damage(& Def). I would perhaps consider a way to make it so they aren't just X roll and Y roll, right after one another; they should each have different effects for various things and being affected by each should be different, I think. Or something.

My point is; keep it balanced, interesting, and varied. Otherwise you'll get everyone wanting to use the sniper rifle that fires 20mm bullets.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #634 on: July 24, 2014, 10:35:29 pm »

1dmg against an MS is almost always completely superficial, just armor damage usually, depending on the kind of weapon. A vulcan fired at an MS's face that does 1dmg might knock out some sensors or similar.

But yeah I can dig what you're saying here about people maybe going with weapons that have high Hit and low damage to try and game the system. But that's why for now it'll just be attacks that roll only just below def. I think in most cases it'll be obvious what kinds of attacks would do chip if they hit, like a missile or a cannon, as opposed to an infantry machine gun. It makes no sense that something that explodes could leave something completely unharmed unless it was really heavily armored.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 10:41:19 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #635 on: July 24, 2014, 10:44:09 pm »

: [ ? ? ? ] Lutz, would you mind explaining what's going on here? Why haven't you driven them back yet?

[Lutz, Magella Attack Tank]: S-sir!

[Mao, Magella Attack Tank]: Commander Dellert! You're here!

: [Commander Dellert] Indeed.. I'm disappointed in you men. If I had thought you'd be this sloppy I wouldn't have chosen you for this mission.

: [Lutz/Mao] !

: [Commander Dellert] Mao, continue the attack, but stay away from those GMs. Lutz, I'm sending you the data for your new position.

: [Commander Dellert] My maneuver is finished. I'll be moving in along with the Lieutenant in his Wappa. Do cover us.

[Lutz, Magella Attack Tank]: R-roger..!

Spoiler: Zeon Phase (click to show/hide)
FURTUKA'S THEME

Dellert guns his boosters and launches high over the battlefield. Blue light plays across his features as the suit's sensors take in the terrain.

: [Commander Dellert] Two hovertrucks, three guntanks, protecting three human-types..

: [Commander Dellert] ..and one of 'em right below me.

There's a growing shadow around Kyle, and he looks up just in time to see the enemy mobile suit flying down from directly above him, beam lance active and leveled.

(RGM (surprised))
{hit - 2d6=4, 6 : 2d6=6, 3=success; dmg - 7d6=2, 1, 5, 2, 6, 4, 4 : 2d6=5, 1=5}

The tip of the lance connects at the point where the neck meets the shoulder from directly above and drives all the way through the body of Kyle's GM. His suit remains frozen for a moment, the lance having passed through the entire torso, melting it's pilot and all of it's vital systems in a virtual instant. A chill runs down Neil's spine as he witnesses, from where he is leaning against a building, the enemy suit withdraw his lance with an evil slowness and leap away. Kyle's limp suit falls in half as the liquified metal separates. There's a pair of resounding booms separated by a half a second as the two halves hit the pavement, cracking it.

Lutz finishes activating the auto-loading procedure on his Magella, then references his computer before rolling out.

Mao takes off directly West, then banks right towards the guntank on the leftmost side of the river.

[Mao, Magella Attack Tank]: You're mine Fed!

He hammers the trigger and fires. {hit - 2d6=4, 4 : 3d6=3, 2, 3=success; dmg - 4d6=3, 1, 4, 1 : 2d6=5, 6=equal, attacker still does 1dmg} The shell hits at an odd angle and fails to penetrate, instead exploding across Barry's upper torso, carving large chunks of armor away.

Turn 2 End!
Federation phase start!

Federation

Zeon

Spoiler: Weapon Tags (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vehicle Tags (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kahzban: Clean Overlay (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 09:01:17 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 24, 2014, 10:55:31 pm »

((... I'm going to go away for a little bit and do something more productive than what I want to do.))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 24, 2014, 10:56:17 pm »

"What the fuck was that!?" Richards called out as his guntank trundled past, trying to clear the way for Francis to fire. He doubted the shot would hit, and they had other things to worry about now, but it wouldn't be a good idea to stay in the way. He tried to handle the loading system as the MPT drove behind a building, following Mack. He thought he could sorta see another of those Magellas ahead, but not very well. Damnation!

((Can we get a map with just the locations of everyone on it, clean of all the *ahem* scribbles?))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #638 on: July 24, 2014, 11:14:05 pm »

((... I'm going to go away for a little bit and do something more productive than what I want to do.))
I promise to make you a boss in the next game as restitution for getting killed before you got to do anything. :p

((Can we get a map with just the locations of everyone on it, clean of all the *ahem* scribbles?))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Furtuka's a little closer to KJ than he appears, I just didn't want to put them exactly on top of each other.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 24, 2014, 11:22:08 pm »

((Looking back on it, it is a bit ironic that he killed me from a flanking position after I said to watch those.))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 24, 2014, 11:37:10 pm »

((Looking back on it, it is a bit ironic that he killed me from a flanking position after I said to watch those.))
((I don't think he did, actually; no matter where he had come from, he jetted half way across the map to shank you, so...))

((That said, it is pretty funny, in a grim sorta way))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 24, 2014, 11:55:32 pm »

((I don't think he did, actually; no matter where he had come from, he jetted half way across the map to shank you, so...))

((Fucking cloakers and their glitches.))

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 25, 2014, 01:15:14 am »

((Fucking cloakers and their glitches.))
((To be more specific I landed almost directly on you Final Fantasy Dragoon Style.))

: "Now Earthnoids, it's time to show you the difference between you, and a true man of Zeon!"
It's FEF, not FEOF

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 25, 2014, 05:31:21 am »

((I don't think I'll be able to hit the Gyan with that busted arm servo. And as such, I am going to do something really stupid.))

((Also assuming the suit is red, since: commander + has his own theme = HE IS A CHAR suit is red))

"That damned red MS just killed Kyle!"

Drop my cannon, get my beam saber and charge at that Gyan!
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #644 on: July 25, 2014, 06:43:42 am »

[Felix, Guntank Support Truck]: W-what?! He's really dead?!!
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 46