Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 46

Author Topic: Launch the Mobile Suit!! - The Gravity Front  (Read 60780 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Launch the Mobile Suit!! - Always in Need of Testers!
« Reply #555 on: July 20, 2014, 10:27:59 pm »

Richards' face contorts in his anger, as he swings the Guntank around, mentally cursing the time it took. Aiming over the top of the building, and trying to maneuver the guntank for better sight lines, he mentally judged distances and nodded in satisfaction as his MPT brought one arm up, the barrel seeming to glow with the afterburn of the rockets as he launched all four at the assault tank near them.

"Get out of there, Felix! We'll cover you!"

Turn and move towards the main road to the east of the guntanks, fire four of the 40mm rockets at the tank as I do so.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Launch the Mobile Suit!! - The Gravity Front
« Reply #556 on: July 20, 2014, 11:20:44 pm »

((I got the names of the hovertruck drivers backwards on the map.))

[Felix, Guntank Support Truck]: I copy, Richards!

[Felix, Guntank Support Truck]: Neil is hit, I'm gonna take the main road through the center of town and try to distract that other tank!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 12:56:39 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 21, 2014, 02:41:39 pm »

Move onto the road to the west, and fire my 180mm at Lt. Mao's Tank.

((You got mine and KJ's positions switched on the map.))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 21, 2014, 02:43:07 pm »

Launch a barrage at the westernmost tank!

((Also, lol, Magellans. Tell me that's not the goofiest tank ever. :P))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #559 on: July 21, 2014, 05:24:16 pm »

^They totally are the dumbest tank ever, and the show admits it. They're terrible MBTs too because the main gun doesn't even rotate! The fighter mode was also said to be extremely useless since they never gave them enough fuel to fly for more than a couple minutes.

((You got mine and KJ's positions switched on the map.))
RRRRGGGGGHHHHH

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 21, 2014, 05:51:15 pm »

((...

Really? Zeon designed a tank with a main gun that can't rotate? Or gave it any other guns that don't point forward? I thought they were supposed to be the Nazis, damn it! They should know better than this!))

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 21, 2014, 06:00:00 pm »

Space Nazi's aren't good at being Earth Nazis :P

It's no wonder that MS Igloo introduced the Megalla Eins

((No seriously that's the reason why none of their planes are aerodynamic.))
It's FEF, not FEOF

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 21, 2014, 06:03:59 pm »

((I... wow, you really weren't kidding. Who the heck decided that those designs would be practical? Good god.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #563 on: July 21, 2014, 06:07:40 pm »

((I... wow, you really weren't kidding. Who the heck decided that those designs would be practical? Good god.))
They're built with the goal of being !!AWESOME!! :D But a fixed main gun isn't a big deal since in fixed positions these were still great AT weapons. Too bad their profile SUCKS and they're impossible to camouflage. :p

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 21, 2014, 06:10:15 pm »

((Being !!AWESOME!! does not make up for the fact that they're immensely impractical. Unless they were super !!AWESOME!!, but they aren't so it's a moot point.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #565 on: July 21, 2014, 06:34:33 pm »

Most of Zeon's stuff is pretty awesome. Magellas are dumb.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 21, 2014, 10:51:15 pm »

((Zeon's whole schtick is glorious-but-impractical wunderwaffen, and if they get something that actually works out of the deal, so much the better; all the fitting for the Space Nazis.  Just look at the way their design process splintered after the Zaku II - you get the Goufs, Gyans, and Doms while their Newtype R&D is off chasing their tails with one prototype mobile armor after another that never quite make it into production, and all the while, the Federation is quietly consolidating behind the efficient and effective GM design and its close-cousins, all of which are mutually compatible logistically.  The story of the Gelgoog is literally something out of World War 2 - it's actually cancelled and design pushed back because Hitler wanted a fighter-bomber instead of a dedicated interceptor the Zaku senior command wanted hand-to-hand combat capabilities. 

But the Magella's turret doesn't even rotate?  I didn't know that; that's a whole new level of design stupidity for an MBT.))
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 10:53:11 pm by Culise »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 21, 2014, 10:54:49 pm »

((I think everyone in the Gundams universe who makes it to design staff is at least somewhat high.))

((I mean, fuck, all this technology and they decide to make humanoid figures? And not ones that shoot lasers from their eyes? Good goddamn man. You could think they would at least make a mobile fortress, possibly one that floats))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #568 on: July 21, 2014, 11:06:23 pm »

((I mean, fuck, all this technology and they decide to make humanoid figures? And not ones that shoot lasers from their eyes? Good goddamn man. You could think they would at least make a mobile fortress, possibly one that floats))
You obviously haven't seen any of the Mobile Armors. Single pilot vehicles, all huge, some larger than even the largest space vessels.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 21, 2014, 11:08:42 pm »

((I think everyone in the Gundams universe who makes it to design staff is at least somewhat high.))

((Lordy, but if you want mobile fortresses, that's what mobile armors seem to turn into.  Apsaras (which I love because they solved the problem of "needs more power" literally by throwing power plants at the problem until it went away), Zeong (which was never even finished - what you see there is only half of it), and the ever-silly Big Zam (fun fact - this thing was absolutely devastating in the canon, but apparently in the fighting games, it suffers from one crippling and blatantly-obvious weakness in that the player can literally walk under it and thereby get out of its weapons' firing arcs, then pump physical shots into it until the cows come home) come immediately to mind.  The reason we rarely see eye-lasers is because the eye(s) is/are typically where the sensors are housed, instead of, you know, in the torso or something a bit more "center-of-mass".  It's funny, though, because in a more realistic setting with the one big lie of Minovsky particles, the smaller mobile armors, fighters, and tanks are still what you'd prefer to pilot instead of humaniforms, precisely as you say.  Lower profile, more efficient movement, better armor, and so forth.  Same reason we use MBTs instead of Tsar Tanks.))
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 11:11:29 pm by Culise »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 46