Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 46

Author Topic: Launch the Mobile Suit!! - The Gravity Front  (Read 60651 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Launch the Mobile Suit!! - Need Testers
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2014, 11:30:44 pm »

Cromwell dons his helmet!

"Get me my sword! We're going to fly closer!"
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2014, 11:31:46 pm »

"Itching for combat. Ready to fire."
Wilhelm twitched, almost imperceptibly in his cockpit. His anticipation was overwhelming. All that training, all that learning, and now he had finally found a chance to prove himself.
Once in position and orders are given, fire the bazooka!
"FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! FOR ZEON!"

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2014, 11:50:30 am »

Salamis, Command Bridge
A sleepy officer at his Ops console is suddenly awoken by a proximity warning. Alert now, the young officer quickly checks his scopes. A single contact towards the stern, at the extreme edge of the scanners' range. It must be one of the Balls, he thought, but the exercise was scheduled for later in the day, wasn't it? And where were the rest of the balls, and why was this one so far out? His suspicion sufficiently aroused, he punches up the external cameras and toggles through until he has a view immediately aft of the ship. His heart dropped into his stomach as a dark green mobile suit filled his screen.

Just Outside the Mess
ALERT. ZAKUS HAVE BEEN DETECTED ON LONG RANGE SCANNERS. ALL PILOTS ARE TO LAUNCH IMMEDIATELY. I REPEAT. LAUNCH THE MOBILE SUITS!!

Zeon Mobile Strike Team
The cruiser's engines flare. The turrets pivot to face the two zakus furthest out.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2014, 11:51:29 am »

"Great."

Harry heads over to the hangar bay to launch in his suit!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2014, 01:19:56 pm »

The engineer, now with a serious expression on his face, motions to the pilots. Follow me! I'll get you to your suits! He pushes back out into the hallway and waits.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 25, 2014, 07:50:10 pm »

Get dem zuits, den!
The Derail Thread

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 25, 2014, 08:43:21 pm »

"Wow, talk about luck. I was already on my way!"

Suit up, step in, Mecha out.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2014, 08:44:31 pm »

Harry heads over to the hangar bay to launch in his suit!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #98 on: March 25, 2014, 10:47:02 pm »

Roll for Order
Surprise Attack! Zeon automatically has initiative!

Franz [12]
Dehek [12]
von Strud [12]

The Salamis [1]

Zeon Mobile Strike Force, Element 1
Franz and Dehek open fire on the separate ball clusters. [RESULT] The pilots both hit their marks perfectly, but each get radically different results. Dehek's bazooka shell smashes into the ball cluster, bursting them into shards of spinning metal and tearing a long gouge in the hull behind them. Junk and writhing figures in Federation uniforms are shot out into the vacuum by the sudden depressurization. The already large blast is amplified a split-second later as the heat touches off the fuel and ammunition stored aboard the balls, wiping out several nearby weapon turrets and setting the exposed compartment aflame. Franz's shells impact on the Fed balls, deflecting off of them and causing only dents and scratches. The force of the shells hitting them is enough to snap the anchors however and the vehicles begin to drift away. Franz places a few slightly better aimed rounds on them to get them moving such that they'll be too far for the Federation to retrieve without moving the entire ship or sending recovery vessels.

Von Strud is already aiming for the command bridge when the engines fire in what seems like an attempt to dodge the shot. [RESULT] The shell strikes the bridge and explodes, flames splashing across and around it. When they clear he can see obvious damage to the communications array: its been torn off completely. The bridge itself is intact however, mostly just scorched, though the command crew has certainly suffered some injuries. The cruiser is now incapable of long-range transmission, though it can still signal the colony if it gets close enough.

Onboard the Salamis
The cruiser shakes violently as the engineer guides you. Damn zekes! He stops abruptly in front of an airlock and punches in a code. It opens and he pushes you all through. I'll let you out! Just hang on a sec! The door hisses shut and there's a tense moment while you all check your seals and find yourselves handholds. You hear a voice coming from the local PA. Opening outer doors! Good luck you guys! There's an audible pop and an explosive bang as the outer airlock door slams open and the room instantly depressurizes. Once its safe the three of you crawl out onto the hull and push towards your mobile suits, docked to the hull facing outwards by makeshift clamps and tangles of wires that the engineers had rigged, which dozens of crewmen in normal suits are now hurriedly disengaging. You each pull yourself into your cockpit, housed in front of the heavily armored mid-torso of the mobile suit. The crewmen give you the okay and you power up and seal hatches, shoving away from the hull of the cruiser with your legs and bringing your weapons to bear. Each of you is carrying the FADEGEL shield and Beam Rifle that the engineers had loaded you with in preparation for the live-fire exercise. They are held in the left and right fists respectively.

The mobile suits take a quick look around and their exterior cameras show them that there are no mobile suits in sight. They must be on the other side of the ship.

The pilots can see an explosion wash over the bridge, and in the next instant the captain's face appears abruptly on their heads-up displays. He's wearing his normal suit and talking over the sounds of shouting crewmen when he addresses you.

: The Zakus are attacking the Salamis, you have to stop them! The ship is severely damaged and there are already multiple hull breaches, we can't take much more of this.

: The bridge took a direct hit and a lot of the command team are injured, most of our core systems are down too, so we're having a hard time coordinating the defensive batteries. They won't be able to provide much support, and neither will the Balls, as they were destroyed in the initial attack.

: Our scanners are still working and we've located the enemy. Two of those Zakus are using bazookas, and I want you to take them out first. You three are on the starboard side so you can't see them, but that also means that they don't know you're there. There are two at extreme-range directly to port, if you go over the ship you'll see them right away, and there's another one near aft firing at long-range. He's circling so he'll spot you in a few minutes if you stay where you are.

The Captain flinches as a nearby console bursts into flames and a young man sporting a large gash across his forehead rushes over to spray extinguishing foam onto it. He half-stands and begins to talk more quickly.

: We're evacuating and transferring to the secondary bridge, and once the repairs are complete we'll be able to use the gun batteries to support you! Just hang on for a little longer! Captain Reed out!

((Couldn't find a suitable picture of Captain Reed, so I just used this one of Amuro Ray.))

ZEON
Spoiler: Furtuka - John Dehek (click to show/hide)

FEDERATION
Spoiler: Pufferfish - Jackson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: USEC_OFFICER - Harry (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 10:53:08 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 25, 2014, 11:46:07 pm »

Hold position for now, keep rifle at ready.
The Derail Thread

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2014, 01:47:50 am »

((Oof, sneak attack!))

Bastards! We're going to take you out!

Move to cover, try to get within acceptable beam rifle range.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2014, 02:43:16 am »

"Yes, let the dogs of the Federation come, like lambs to the slaughter."
Open fire on the Feds when battle begins.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 08:43:03 pm by Spinal_Taper »

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2014, 12:58:16 pm »

I'll join, it looks like I'm on the late-train. Put me in for reinforcements of somebody, preference on the Feds.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2014, 01:34:21 pm »

Hold position with my rifle ready to shoot any Zakus that come into view.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2014, 02:16:22 pm »

I'll join, it looks like I'm on the late-train. Put me in for reinforcements of somebody, preference on the Feds.
You got it. One side or the other will need reinforcements at some point.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 46