Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 46

Author Topic: Launch the Mobile Suit!! - The Gravity Front  (Read 60688 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Launch the Mobile Suit!! - Always in Need of Testers!
« Reply #495 on: July 17, 2014, 10:49:33 pm »

Uh huh.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 18, 2014, 12:31:41 am »

Neil Varris reporting.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 18, 2014, 12:47:46 am »

Bruno Dellert
It's FEF, not FEOF

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #498 on: July 18, 2014, 04:42:42 am »

---

It is the year U.C. 0079, at the start of the One Year War. Tensions were high after the escape of General Revil following the Battle of Loum..

..and the failure of Operation British, an effort to destroy Jaburo, the Headquarters of the Earth Federation Forces, located in the South American rainforest, by dropping Side 2's Colony 8 from standard orbit toward's the Earth's surface..

..which resulted in the loss of over 200 million lives as the colony broke up over Arabia while entering the atmosphere, it's front half landing on the eastern coast of continental Australia, the rear section turning to fragments that scattered over much of North America and the Pacific Ocean.

The mission to destroy Jaburo, was a failure.

---

U.C. 0079.02.07
The Principality of Zeon launches its Earth invasion operation.

U.C. 0079.02
Using mass drivers on the lunar surface, the Principality of Zeon begins attacking target areas on Earth. The attacks continue until these facilities are destroyed by the remnants of the Federation fleet.

U.C. 0079.03.01
The Principality's Earth Attack Force stages its first landing operation. The 1st Terrestrial Mobile Division is deployed to Central Asia, and proceeds onward into Europe and the Middle East.

Principality forces land at the Aral Sea and Lake Balkhash, and forces from both landing sites advance toward the Baikonur spaceport.

U.C. 0079.03.02
Baikonur Spaceport
: Most of the division have arrived, and the rest of our forces will be landing soon. The Federation must not know of our presence here on Earth..

: Commander Dellert, take your forces while maintaining radio silence and move at best speed to the Spaceport. Destroy their communications array before they can send a distress signal and wipe out their mobile forces.

: We will land at the time proscribed by Lord Zabi. The disruption of his plans will not be placed on me because of your incompetence. I trust that this is understood.

: General Rhoem, out.

This message is intercepted and decrypted with no small difficulty by Federation operators at the Baikonur Spaceport, who if not for a base-wide drill that day, normally would not have been on a high enough alert to notice this well disguised message. The danger is confirmed as Zeon landings are detected in the area, and both a mobile suit team and a mobile artillery team have been activated and sent to intercept them before they make their projected advance through the tiny city of Kahzban, a few dozen kilometers north of the base proper.

Task Force Baikonur
You've reached the city, the population of which is being evacuated to the Baikonur Spaceport as you arrive on the main highway. As the last transports leave, the city is draped in eerie silence. You have leave to prepare for the ambush in whatever ways you see fit.

[RGM Support Truck]: Hey!! This is Yusuke! Can you hear me?! Are you idiots even awake in there?! Zeon's bearing down on us and you're sitting on your asses!

[Guntank Support Truck]: Calm down, this is Corporal Gott. Now pay attention: Refer to your maps and position yourselves carefully, everyone. The enemy will be approaching from the north. We can't let them break through to reach Baikonur.

[RGM Support Truck]: Just hurry up and pick somewhere! Less talking so we can get to the blasting!

[Guntank Support Truck]: *sigh*

The map is at the bottom of the post. Decide where you'll be positioned, you have some time to get ready. The enemy is projected to come from the direct north on the highway, or northeast through the plains. Once you're finished planning you can draw where you're positioned. The distance from bank to bank at the widest part of the river is approximately one integer of range.

Federation

Zeon
? ? ?

Spoiler: Weapon Tags (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vehicle Tags (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kahzban Overlay (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 01:36:18 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 18, 2014, 09:48:49 am »

((This is a generic, kill the enemy however you see fit mission, correct? Also we should keep an eye out for Soviet terrorists, dudes in funky helmets, and any mysterious girls in a mech.  :P))
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 09:51:26 am by USEC_OFFICER »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 18, 2014, 10:48:52 am »

((uhh...so how do we select a specific spot? It seems like we would be forced to be really vague at the moment.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #501 on: July 18, 2014, 11:53:55 am »

((This is a generic, kill the enemy however you see fit mission, correct? Also we should keep an eye out for Soviet terrorists, dudes in funky helmets, and any mysterious girls in a mech.  :P))
Yeah, your objective is to kill anything that tries to break through to the spaceport.

((uhh...so how do we select a specific spot? It seems like we would be forced to be really vague at the moment.))
Use paint. Draw dots or something.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 18, 2014, 02:12:35 pm »

((This is one of the first scenario maps from SRW J, isn't it?))

I think I'll set myself up in this forest (marked by red dot).

I'll deploy here behind the building to the right of the dot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 03:08:00 pm by Hawk132 »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 18, 2014, 02:15:54 pm »

((The first, actually. Depending on which character you picked.))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 18, 2014, 02:18:19 pm »

((I'd advise against that Hawk, move back into the city since you have that 180mm and you'll get more effective use of it while we can both be able to support  KJ better from there since he is the closer range focus of us three.))

Deploy to the top left corner of the city behind the top three buildings on the left.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 18, 2014, 02:23:34 pm »

((Changed my location. Also, a Guntank on/near the topmost bridge should be able to deal quite a lot of damage and be hard to get to, I think.)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 02:26:09 pm by Hawk132 »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 18, 2014, 02:29:52 pm »

((Should be good, just gotta make sure we protect those guntanks since they'll probably be essential for this mission :v))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 18, 2014, 02:49:57 pm »

((only problem with being on the bridge is that bridges can break. That said, I'll be deploying right next to it, just barely to the left of the topmost bridge, on the road. Emphasis on just barely; i should be practically straddling the border between bridge and not-bridge. But not actually straddling. :p

I would just do paint if I had access to it at the moment but I don't, which is sadface.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #508 on: July 18, 2014, 03:04:21 pm »

The guntanks are about 15 and the GMs 18+ meters in height. You guys are all taller than the residential buildings (they're small, with red, blue and blackish rooftops) which all look to be about two stories tall, so they don't provide cover unless you're crouching. It'd reach up to around an upright GM's knees I think. The bluish silver and white high rises block line of sight and can be used as cover.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 18, 2014, 03:23:59 pm »

The guntanks are about 15 and the GMs 18+ meters in height. You guys are all taller than the residential buildings (they're small, with red, blue and blackish rooftops) which all look to be about two stories tall, so they don't provide cover unless you're crouching. It'd reach up to around an upright GM's knees I think. The bluish silver and white high rises block line of sight and can be used as cover.
Yeah I'll crouch down and use the building to steady my gun, obviously they won't see the GM huddled with a massive cannon behind a tiny house, obviously.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 46