Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 46

Author Topic: Launch the Mobile Suit!! - The Gravity Front  (Read 60700 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Launch the Mobile Suit!! - Always in Need of Testers!
« Reply #480 on: July 11, 2014, 08:37:25 am »

Good enough! Welcome aboard!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 11, 2014, 12:23:32 pm »

I'll take an RGM-79g with the 180mm Cannon for my weapon.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 11, 2014, 12:37:10 pm »

I'll take a GM with a machine gun.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 11, 2014, 12:59:33 pm »

I'll take a RX-75 Guntank MPT, since the GMs are already full. Name shall be Barry, because I'm so creative.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 11, 2014, 02:33:53 pm »

I'll have a Guntank, pilot by the name of Richards.

Edit: so, for the guntank, do the 120mm cannons reload themselves or do we have to spend a turn?
Also, would we be able to fire both of the four-shot missile launchers at the same time, or at the same time as the 120mm cannons?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 02:39:43 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #485 on: July 11, 2014, 04:52:53 pm »

Autoloader: Reloading is a free action. I was going to add that once I had finished reworking the rules.

You can still only fire one weapon at a time. You can fire up to four missiles at a time from the Pop however, because of how many barrels it's got. I need to figure out if those things can reload..

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #486 on: July 15, 2014, 03:29:09 am »

* GUNINANRUNIN needs to brief Furtuka.

Once that's done I'll write the scene and we can get this show on the road.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #487 on: July 16, 2014, 05:59:55 am »

Range
Melee (swords, hammers, axes, fists, ramming, other related weaponry improvised or otherwise) > Short (scatter guns, cluster bombs, grenades, thrown or launched weapons, most infantry weapons) > Medium (machine guns and rifles, most armored vehicle weaponry) > Long (most beam weapons, missiles and bazookas, sniper rifles and cannons) > Extreme (artillery, beam cannons, ship weaponry)

Each weapon is rated for an effective range. At certain distances almost any weapon becomes useless. Each consecutive integer of range outside your weapon's effective distance confers a -1 hit penalty. Two points of Mov can close a single integer of range in ideal conditions (calm weather, flat terrain, few to no obstacles), so Medium to Short/Long. Escaping melee range is extremely easy if your opponent does not pursue. Comparatively, the time to close from Extreme to Long can vary if the target is far enough away.

Melee
Dedicated melee weapons such as beam sabres, beam lances, the hyper hammer and heat hawks are extremely deadly. If you get nailed, something's coming off. Unarmed grappling can be useful if you've been disarmed.

Your Mov is your "Hit" rating when performing melee attacks, it determines your success when striking, and halved it is your punching damage. An improvised weapon (severed arm, your gun, a trashed tank) in your hands is +1 damage. If you're wielding a statted melee weapon, it's damage is used instead.

Swapping and Reloading
Stowing a held weapon safely and retrieving and prepping a different one takes time. Swapping is not a free action, and you're vulnerable while doing it. You can drop the weapon as a free action to swap quickly. Unlike in space, your weapon isn't lost if you drop it. You can go back to where it fell to pick it up again once things have quieted down.

Reloading is not a free action, it takes a full turn. You can move and reload at the same time at no penalty. If you're desperate, you can perform a Snap Shot, which allows you to reload and fire in the same turn at a -1 hit penalty.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #488 on: July 17, 2014, 08:55:20 pm »

Everyone ready? Any questions before I write the opening turn? (Don't worry Furtuka I'm finishing your suit as we speak!)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #489 on: July 17, 2014, 10:32:54 pm »

Also, everyone repost what your names are. Some of you didn't give me one, too.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 17, 2014, 10:36:20 pm »

Pilot Francis Vinheim reporting for service! (Totally didn't get here super late, totally)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 17, 2014, 10:40:52 pm »

name of Richards.

So, just a real quick question, not objecting, just wondering...
Why do the dual 120mm cannons have a range of Long/Extreme, whilst the 180mm cannon the other guys get is only Medium/Long?

Just curious. ^_^
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 17, 2014, 10:42:41 pm »

name of Richards.

So, just a real quick question, not objecting, just wondering...
Why do the dual 120mm cannons have a range of Long/Extreme, whilst the 180mm cannon the other guys get is only Medium/Long?

Just curious. ^_^
The 180mm is more of a sniper rifle design in Gundam, and the 120mm cannons on the Gun Tank were made more like an artillery weapon thus meaning the range is much larger on them than the 180mm.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #493 on: July 17, 2014, 10:46:48 pm »

The guntank has those hugelong barrels (makes using them in close quarters really hard) which boost their range, and with those treads making such a stable platform he's much more accurate than a robot manipulating a weapon manually with his hands. It's officially a piece of indirect artillery, so it's got a targeting computer optimised for long-range fire that allows for such precision.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 17, 2014, 10:48:22 pm »

Ah, okay!

I mean, it can easily make sense realistically, it's just a general tendency for guns to go up in range as they do in caliber, but that's usually just because the greater mass, if used alongside an equivalent muzzle velocity, twist rate, barrel length(which relates to muzzle velocity), and ammunition type, allows for more momentum and kinetic energy that's less easily dispersed by air resistance thanks to the square-cube law. With changes to any of those, plus a fire control system, can all easily make a 120mm more accurate at long range than a 180mm.

I did a lot of research on guns a while back.

Fun fact: Assuming it's a 120x550mm round, the 120 is approximately 4352.04 cm^3, assuming the shell shape to be approximately 70% of the volume of an equivalent diamater cylinder, while the 180 is about 14243.04 cm^3 by the same formula. meaning it's about 3.3(3.272727... exactly, actually) as large as the 120mm. Sectional density is approximately 1.45(454545333) times as great as the 120mm.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 10:59:04 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 46