Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Time for bets. New release date?  (Read 29119 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Time for bets. New release date?
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2014, 10:40:05 pm »

Hey guys,

I've got a question regarding the time after the release...
How long will it probably take to get the new graphics mods/tilesets like Obsidian/Phoebus?

Thanks!

A day or two, or up to a week, depending on when in the week the release came out and the amount of time the author has. Basically within a week.

Not sure how long it will take to update DT to the new version.

Skyline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2014, 05:06:41 am »

Hey guys,

I've got a question regarding the time after the release...
How long will it probably take to get the new graphics mods/tilesets like Obsidian/Phoebus?

Thanks!

A day or two, or up to a week, depending on when in the week the release came out and the amount of time the author has. Basically within a week.

Not sure how long it will take to update DT to the new version.

Thanks for your reply. :)
Im curious if it makes sense to play DF now for me... I learned the basics some time ago and now I'm waiting for the new update..
Will the new changes make the game very different or does it make sense to play the current DF version?

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2014, 05:42:46 am »

Fortress mode will have less changes than adventure mode.

Overall, I think, it does make sense playing the current DF version. Why not? It's fun anyway :)

thatnewguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 20, 2014, 07:10:33 pm »

June 4. >.>
f5

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 20, 2014, 08:28:58 pm »

The last devblog post wasn't as encouraging as I'd hoped for.  It almost sounded more like general "issues" being fixed, which were supposed to have been finished a month ago or so.  I really wish we could get some indication of how much progress had been made on the grand total bug pile.   :(
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2014, 09:14:24 pm »

To play the pessimist, I think we're all kidding each other to think that Toady will have this thing out by June 4th.

At this rate, mid to late July at the earliest. 
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Musaab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2014, 02:42:17 am »

Let's just be honest with each other and accept that the new release will not be out before September.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2014, 03:41:57 am »

on the bright side it looks like the release might actually fall when im on holidays... woo!
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Uristsonsonson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2014, 04:18:36 am »

Within the next few hours. Or the next few hours after that. Or... Well, basically repeat as needed until it's out. :)

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2014, 11:55:37 am »

Clear cut everything, hope for the best. And by best I mean squished dorfs.
Can I sig this?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Wormser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 21, 2014, 05:18:31 pm »

The last devblog post wasn't as encouraging as I'd hoped for.  It almost sounded more like general "issues" being fixed, which were supposed to have been finished a month ago or so.  I really wish we could get some indication of how much progress had been made on the grand total bug pile.   :(

Fix one bug. Twelve more show up.  :-X

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 21, 2014, 05:49:17 pm »

Thanks for your reply. :)
Im curious if it makes sense to play DF now for me... I learned the basics some time ago and now I'm waiting for the new update..
Will the new changes make the game very different or does it make sense to play the current DF version?
He's not gonna take OUT features. Learning minecarts or whatever is not a waste of time. And of course, most people's forts are shorter term in their entirety than the difference in time between now and release, probably.

Mayyyybe if you were planning some sort of epic community large tree building project, I would tell you to hold off until the release that will be adding large procedural epic trees, for example. But short of something silly like that, don't worry about it.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2014, 12:37:59 pm »

most people's forts are shorter term in their entirety than the difference in time between now and release, probably
Considering forts last a few years generally, that is a very foreboding statement.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2014, 12:52:57 pm »

most people's forts are shorter term in their entirety than the difference in time between now and release, probably
Considering forts last a few years generally, that is a very foreboding statement.

I think he means how long they last IRL. My forts tend to last about a week IRL (maybe 12 hours of total playtime) before I abandon them.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2014, 01:06:12 pm »

Really? Mine go a month or two.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14