Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 79

Author Topic: Noble Emblem 2: IC Thread  (Read 42537 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 2: IC Thread
« Reply #120 on: March 24, 2014, 12:24:02 pm »

:"I concur. Jorund and Cidney are right. We should get moving soon."
"Call me Cid, mate. Ya...ya dun' use any fire magick, roight?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 24, 2014, 12:33:57 pm »

Colt turned toward Cid. He seemed like an unsavory sort of character, but it wasn't like he could choose his allies at this point. Still. At the very least he seemed a bit more sociable than some people. He nodded turned towards him.

"You are correct. I am a wind mage, so I haven't worked much with fire before and I don't plan on using it much in the future. You though... You use Dark magic, right?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 24, 2014, 12:46:52 pm »

AND SO THEY EMBARKED on even crazier adventure than they've suspected 'this' morning. The forest in which the ruin lied was few centuries old - the trees already managed to grow tall and majestic.

Few minutes into the march a lone cavalry man left the main group and turned his horse to join Eleonore and her guards - it was, of course, Prince Asoth.

"Prince? Why did you wait for us?"

"I just hoped that you might feel a bit better now."

"Thank you... but I'm not feeling any better at all."

"..."

"But I have several... few... a single question."

"I'm listening."

"How did Eferia fall? I mean... the castle... the kingdom, did you reduce it to the ground? How about Ysmir? And the western regions? Did they put resistance? Did they fight to the last man?"

"...Apologies. I wasn't very good at history classes."

"Oh. I see..." Eleonore looked down.

"However, Eferian resilience impressed my ancestors, I think. So much that we made Ture our new capital."

"Ture? The city didn't fall?" Eleonore was surprised and even thrilled to hear that.

"No, it never yielded, at least to a siege. Only after the marriage between one of your family and my ancestor, the city listened to voices of Eferian royal family and opened the gates for our King. He even decided against the usual victory parade, such large were our losses. No wonder, that place is a fortress in and outside, and strikes respect even in my heart."

Eleonore wasn't happy to hear the first part, nonetheless, she rubbed her chin, thinking over the information.

"I hope I can learn more the moment I have the chance..."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 24, 2014, 01:01:00 pm »

Einar frowned.

"... Wait, someone from her family still married... but that was to be you, princess. Who took her place?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2014, 01:02:53 pm »

Colt turned toward Cid. He seemed like an unsavory sort of character, but it wasn't like he could choose his allies at this point. Still. At the very least he seemed a bit more sociable than some people. He nodded turned towards him.

"You are correct. I am a wind mage, so I haven't worked much with fire before and I don't plan on using it much in the future. You though... You use Dark magic, right?
"Too roight. Found meself a fair dinkum book o' spells back out in the Bush. It's old readas were cactus, so I didn't see as they'd be needin' it."

Cidney figured that the city fellow (Colt's the name, he thought) might not be as bad as he seemed. Probably just didn't like havin' to be here, same as him. They'd see, soon enough, though. But...as he watched the priestess absently while talking, he had to wonder what the Out-Back was like, now. Had the city folks made it prim and proper like their towns, settled it and tamed the badlands? He wasn't sure he liked the idea.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2014, 01:17:21 pm »

"I've told you, I didn't bother to learn such details." Eleonore shook her head.

"It's fine... I can learn that from.. ah..." The princess momentarily leaned to the side, but she grabbed on the pommel a bit harder and steadied herself.

"Are you allright? I think you and others need rest. It seems that your little trip to the future might've had bad effects on you." Eleonore wanted to speak, but he shook his head. "I really insist."

"Allright then." Now that he had Princess' consent, Asoth moved away and whistled with his two fingers at his lips. One of the cavaliers quickly turned his horse and moved to the Prince.

"Olivier, there's a small woodcutting village of sorts further down the road, isn't there? Take your men and tell the villagers... no, just the innkeeper, to prepare bedding. And something to eat and drink. When everything's prepared, send someone for us so we know when to come."

"Right away, sir! But will you be allright?"

"No worries. I trust the Princess." The lieutenant looked at Colt, Einar, then at his Prince again, and rode toward the other group.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 24, 2014, 01:20:14 pm »

Jorund looked at Eleonore.

"Protect him?"

He pointed at Asoth, wondering if he was part of the group now.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2014, 01:24:23 pm »

Eleonore smiled at Jorund.

"If you want to. You're good at protecting, Jorund."
SigFlags!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2014, 01:29:01 pm »

"Thank you important lady. OK. Jorund protect... bad person?"

He was confused again. Well, OK. If important lady say bad person is on Jorund's side, then Jorund would do his best to keep him safe. He patted Asoth's horse's mane.

"Like horsies. Had..."

Jorund thought.

"...lots at home."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2014, 01:53:25 pm »

"... Sorry. Princess, I... He paused, wanting to ask about the gem but not sure if he should reveal too much. "Do you think that the way we got here would be a possible way to get back? I've never been much of one for magic but... That's the only way I could think of. Of course... I'm not sure how much we could change, even if we went back. Apparently the man you were supposed to marry still got married to someone in your family. If that's true then... Maybe we're supposed to be here. Maybe there's something we need to do in this time."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2014, 02:27:50 pm »

"Ophelia is six. You don't marry off a six years old child to an unknown foreigner!" Eleonore's voice was slightly agitated but it was clear she wasn't in mood nor had strength to argue aloud. Asoth just rode at their side, not uttering a word.

"...Maybe there is a way back. Maybe... I don't know."
SigFlags!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2014, 02:39:37 pm »

"... Sorry. Princess, I... He paused, wanting to ask about the gem but not sure if he should reveal too much. "Do you think that the way we got here would be a possible way to get back? I've never been much of one for magic but... That's the only way I could think of. Of course... I'm not sure how much we could change, even if we went back. Apparently the man you were supposed to marry still got married to someone in your family. If that's true then... Maybe we're supposed to be here. Maybe there's something we need to do in this time."

Cidney turned to look at the horseman with a look of incredulity. He shook his head and gestured about them as he spoke, unbelieving that this mug could be so cracked.

"Oi, don't be spewin' croc-shit all over me clean clothes now! Take a squizz around, mate; this is dinki-di, and she won't be right just 'cause you start yabberin' about destiny. The bloody figjam mago's had some bodgy magic, and now we're stuck here. All we can do is bumsniff the Rivvies and hope we don't get carked. 'Less you wanna 'ave another go at that magic and see where we end up next time?"
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 02:41:17 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 24, 2014, 02:40:49 pm »

Colt, overhearing the conversation walked closer to Eleonore, his eyes getting a bit dull with thought.
: "If there is a way back, we'll find it."
: "And if there is no way to be found, we'll make one. The matter is as simple as that."
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 24, 2014, 02:48:59 pm »

"I don't want to boast, but our mages always were of highest skill and power. Maybe if we could consult with the Arcane Meisters-"

From the distance, there came a pitiful neighing of a horse but a scream of a man, and then some tumbling and thudding. Asoth immediatelly moved to the front of the group.

"Stay here, watch over the Princess!" He then sped off, and dissappeared around the corner of the road, trees obscuring him. Eleonore looked at his back while she could, then at the forest which became suddenly much more foreboding. Then she looked at her friends.

"Rivan or not, he is seemingly the only person around here willing to listen to our story. Please, Einar, after him! He might be getting himself in danger!"
SigFlags!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2014, 02:50:30 pm »

"Well... no, think about it. Alright, we were depending on... magic to get us here. Magic that was claimed to have some sort of intelligence or something, and there was that vision about a princess marrying a prince or whatever. Well... What if he's that prince? With all these monsters and such around, it doesn't seem like the world's been brought peace yet. So what if the magic did what it was asked? What if it brought the princess to meet the prince? Maybe this is where she's meant to be."

And then the prince ran off.

"Right. Hold on princess."

Putting his arms back around the princess, he kicked his horse into a gallop, chasing after the prince, making sure to hold decently tight to Eleonore.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 79