Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 79

Author Topic: Noble Emblem 2: IC Thread  (Read 42563 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 2: IC Thread
« Reply #855 on: June 22, 2014, 02:13:06 pm »

Jorund took a few steps back and looked up to see what Colt was looking at.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: June 22, 2014, 02:15:48 pm »

: "See that stone up there? The one kind of hanging there a bit?"

Up higher on the cliff, there was a small section of stone that was quite deep in the process of erosion. Cracks surrounded on it's side, but it had not fallen and shattered further yet.
: "Just watch. I'm going to bring it down."
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 22, 2014, 02:20:34 pm »

Jorund looked at his hands, then at the cliff. He had climbed up it once before, and he was positive he could do it again. He certainly had big, strong hands.

"OK! But Jorund can try too if wanted."

He was interested to see how Colt would bring it down.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 22, 2014, 02:30:13 pm »

Colts cradled his tome in one hand. He wouldn't need all of his power for this. This was job for subtlety.

: "Don't worry. I've got it this time."

With a quick flick of his wrist, he shot a quick blast of wind at the stone, upsetting its rightful place in the world. It fell with a tumble, but Colt was ready for this. He fired off a second skill; this time simple levitation. As the rock plummeted, it struck the spell and slowed down significantly. To Colt's pleasure, the stone landed with a soft thud no worse for wear. It was large enough that someone could engrave a few words onto it and wasn't nearly as jagged as the rest had become the moment it struck the earth.
: "...Do you think that will do?"
BIRDS.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 22, 2014, 02:56:56 pm »

Jorund picked it up and ran a hand over it. It was smooth stone, not too heavy but not too light, with a good enough shape that it would stay put once set somewhere.

"Think good."

He nodded to Colt and started carrying it back, apparently expecting the mage to follow him.

"Magic impressive. Must be hard."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: June 22, 2014, 03:21:07 pm »

Colt dashed to Jorund's side. He thought a moment, then responded.

: "It's a bit difficult on occasion. Beginner's tend to have hard time learning the basics I think... But after a bit of time, you just sort of get used to it I guess. Casting a spell is second nature. Lift up the book, turn a few pages. Let it go..."
BIRDS.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 22, 2014, 03:29:18 pm »

"Born with strong mind?"

That made sense to Jorund. After all, he was born with a strong body, but he wasn't very smart, and he knew it. Yet Colt was small and frail, but capable of doing things Jorund never would. His mother always said the gods never gave with both hands, and that fit pretty well.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 22, 2014, 04:27:28 pm »

: "Nah... My strength doesn't come from here."

Colt pointed to his head, tapping it twice.

: "It comes from here..."

He tapped his chest.

: "Some people are just born with the ability to use magic. Others could work their whole life at it and never cast a single spell. Both of my parents were like that. They couldn't read, let alone cast a spell."
BIRDS.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 22, 2014, 08:33:46 pm »

"Strong heart. Jorund understand."

The giant shifted the rock to his shoulder as they walked back to the grave.

"Colt stay strong?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 22, 2014, 09:05:15 pm »

Colt closed his eyes sadly.

: "...No."

: "I think... Strength is one thing. You need, yeah. But I think... Sometimes you have to know how to bend."

Within a few steps, they were back to the grave. Colt's eyes fell inadvertently upon Einar. Yeah. Sometimes knowing when to bend is far more important then being strong.

: "Hey. We found a good stone to use as a marker. You ready Cidney?"
BIRDS.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 22, 2014, 10:10:01 pm »

Cidney was just finishing up carving something out of wood, from the looks of the shavings around his feet.

He looked up, and nodded, standing. What he had carved was still hard to see, but it was fairly sizable; the branch must have started out pretty large to put so many shavings out.

"Ready as any bloke ever is, at least."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: June 22, 2014, 11:10:57 pm »

Jorund didn't understand what Colt meant by that, so he decided to quiet down and let the man talk to Einar and Cidney. He put the stone marker down gently to make sure it didn't get damaged and picked up a shovel instead, waiting to be told when to use it.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 23, 2014, 05:49:16 pm »

: "Well... We may as well begin with the process. Lady Eleonore... You knew her best."
: "Would you say a few words?"
BIRDS.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 24, 2014, 03:30:17 am »

"Yes. I want to say that I will never forgive myself... for this..." Eleonore took a deep breath, her hands shaking for a moment. After that she looked around.

"Where's... where's that robed man... and, and Altmorin? I wanted to talk with both." With that said, Eleonore covered her face with her some of her hood and wiped her cheeks.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 26, 2014, 10:10:50 pm »

Colt let loose a heavy sigh."

: "They are over there... The robed man is Castor Layverque... Disinherited heir to the Layverque line... He seems innocent enough. But, m'lady-"

Colt quickly placed his hand into Eleonore's and squeezed it tightly.
: "Don't you dare say that this is your fault. None of us... Not Jorund, not Einar, not Cidney, not O' Connor; blame you for this. And if Halldora were still here, she would say the same."

He took in another breath, trying to find the right words.
: "She... She's in a better place. Her soul is gone, but perhaps if it is in heaven's will... She's on Eferian soil right now. And she's waiting for us to get back... All of us."
: "Cidney... Jorund. Lower her in. We need to get moving."
BIRDS.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 79