Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 79

Author Topic: Noble Emblem 2: IC Thread  (Read 42595 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 2: IC Thread
« Reply #480 on: April 17, 2014, 11:07:11 am »

: "The preferable option for me would to see this man removed from his post. A layabout like him has no place in the army. What could be so important that he's refusing visitors such as ourselves anyways?"
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 17, 2014, 11:09:50 am »

Einar rolled his eyes at people's reactions to the man, and walked up to him.

"Sorry bout Mr Pain in the Ass over there,

he said with a jerk of his head towards Colt,

"But what they've neglected to mention is that we're hoping to sign up to help fight against the rebellion. THe prince ran into us a few days ago and we helped kill some bandits for him. We were hoping that we could join up and fight with him again since our first attempt at it was so successful. If the prince is busy, you can ask Altmorin to verify our story."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 17, 2014, 11:13:52 am »

The guard listened to Einar. Then the guard hobbled together and spoke in whispers. The other entered the fortress after few seconds.

"Prince Asoth is busy. However if you simply wish to join the army, you should've told us earlier. That's not Prince's department - we will get Lieutenant Palmyr for you and your group. Please note that we're at state of war. Paperwork and audiences is least of our concerns."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 17, 2014, 11:16:05 am »

"Of course the prince is busy, this is to be expected. After all, there's a rebellion going on. We would like to join up, however, we would be greatly indebted to you if you could at least pass on a message to the prince once he is no longer busy. There's no reason we'd need to meet with him if you could do that. We could most likely make it worth your while as well, if necessary."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 17, 2014, 11:17:41 am »

"A message? What would that message be?" The soldier dismissed the later part of Einar's talk.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 17, 2014, 11:19:46 am »

Einar turned to the princess, not presuming to do all of this.

"My lady, I do not know what you wish to tell the Prince, perhaps you could write it down? It is not my place to be sending messages for you when you are right here after all."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 17, 2014, 11:26:54 am »

Eleonore shook her head.

"If you have paper and ink and a quill, then I could." She stepped forward to the guard.

"A message... tell the Prince that his friend Eleonore is willing to help because her own studies are related to..." She turned to Colt.

"Colt, what was the name of that noble family?"
SigFlags!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 17, 2014, 01:12:18 pm »

"Lavyerque."
BIRDS.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 17, 2014, 01:19:37 pm »

"Yes, tell the Prince that his friend Eleonore is willing to help with Lavyerque problem as her own findings are pointing her in direction of that family." The guard looked at the Princess.

"I will convey the message during the guard shift, I should have a moment to relay it by then."

"Thank you." The other guard came back, whispered to the guard at post - who leaned away, his face showing mix of disbelief and confusion.

"I'm sorry, miss." He started. "Lieutenant Palmyr had a stroke and is currently in bed. Your recruitment--"

"No, just... pass the message to the Prince. We will be staying at nearest inn." Eleonore turned around and walked away, taking a deep breath.

"Anyone is in need of something else to do? If not, I will be happy to find ourselves the 'nearest inn' and sit there. I'm tired of this time, this city, this... everything."
SigFlags!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 17, 2014, 02:14:02 pm »

: "I personally have no objections to that plan. This may be our last night where we can rest in the safety of a bed. I am assuming that we'll want to be heading to go see this Baron as soon as possible in the morning. With the possibility of only one night left... It might be good to simply sit and reflect for a time."
BIRDS.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 17, 2014, 06:09:30 pm »

Einar stared at Colt for a few seconds and then shook his head.

"Yes, we're just going to whaltz up to a Baron who's currently rebelling and say 'Hey, you know that super powerful magical artifact your family has been keeping for the past however many years? Yeah, can we just borrow it for a few ticks? We promise we won't give it to your enemies or anything.' If we're doing this thing, we're probably fighting. This won't be a little trip to go see him."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 17, 2014, 07:52:02 pm »

Cidney wasn't always the most talkative of fellows. When he spoke, he sometimes used a few too many words than necessary, but usually this was made up for by the meaning they passed along (for those who could tell what he was saying) and his typical quiet. He couldn't help right now, after all, and as usual, things were resolved before he saw a need to get involved. As Eleanore spoke though- indeed, as anyone did-, he listened. And now, he smiled. A grim smile, but it turned into a genuine one soon enough, and the former exile walked up to Jorund and patted him on the back. With not a negligible amount force, but only because he didn't think he could get the giant's attention any other way.

"Oi, mate, whaddaya say we splick ourselves some drink at that inn? We've got a midge of spare coin, and it might be the last skip we see for a jumbly's walkabout."

After a moment's pause, he continued, this time letting his voice carry a bit.

"You're more'n welcome to join us, blokes. Even the city-sniff can come, if he thinks he can hold his piss. And you bloody mugs don't bash each other's brains in."

Smiled devilishly, he looked between Einar and Colt, a delicious idea taking shape. He spoke once more, half to Jorund and half pitched so that they could hear:

"'Course, maybe he's afraid that our local rider'd chug him under the table. If we were flipping on it, I'd even say he'd be right!...But maybe Einar here has a flowered stomach, and not the mago."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 17, 2014, 07:55:07 pm »

Einar smirked at Cidney.

"Oh, I'll join you for some drinks. Though if Sir Noble Pants here is joining us, better I keep his tome. Wouldn't want a drunk mage destroying the inn, now would we?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 17, 2014, 09:12:32 pm »

: "I wasn't suggesting that this trip was going to be picnic. We'll earn our keep. That is why I figured we would need rest tonight."

Then he turned himself to the drinking matter. Colt never was much of a drinker. In fact, he rather abhorred drinking any more than a good glass of wine. Still, he wasn't about to let Einar have the satisfaction of seeing him surrender.
: "Hmmph. I highly doubt that Einar could hold his liquor longer than me. With considerations that he's already dim in every day normal conversations, I'd would hate to see him with a pint under his belt. You hold onto the book for now, and we'll see who's laughing in the morning."
BIRDS.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 17, 2014, 09:18:00 pm »

Rolling his eyes, Einar turned to Colt,

"Right then. Challenge. We match each other drink for drink. First one to bow out loses. Unless you're afraid to lose to a commoner such as myself? Oh, and as a warning. We'll be drinking to a commoner's taste. Ale and the like. I doubt there'll be much of your prissy noble drinks like wine around."
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 79