Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 79

Author Topic: Noble Emblem 2: IC Thread  (Read 42594 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 2: IC Thread
« Reply #465 on: April 16, 2014, 07:26:32 pm »

"There's a difference between being practical and currying favour with the first prince you see. Or at least that's what it seems like to me."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 16, 2014, 07:27:51 pm »

: "Yeah... Something like that."

Colt paused and stopped what he was doing, his eyes going dim. Then all at once he continued with his work, shaking his head as he did so.
: "You're lucky to have a sister you care about. And I'm sure that she's lucky to have you for a brother. What is she like?"
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 16, 2014, 07:30:38 pm »

Einar shrugged.

"And to me, there's a difference between the first prince we meet and the person who's apparently in charge of most of the continent and also actually was willing to accept that we weren't completely crazy when we told him that we were from the past. I suspect that people who believe this will be few and far between."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 16, 2014, 11:03:55 pm »

Jorund thought about his sister. He wanted to say 'small' but to be fair pretty much everyone was small to him. He recognized that the funny man was probably considered 'big' by people's standards and Jorund even considered him a bit on the little side.

"Uhh... mmm. Hair, eyes like Jorund. Small, thin."

The giant indicated his hair color and eye color as he spoke, then held a hand at just below chest-level to indicate how tall she was compared to him. This was followed by several seconds of silence as he tried to organize his thoughts into words.

"Sews Jorund's clothes when ripped, tells Jorund funny stories. Used to. Quiet last time Jorund saw her. Didn't laugh as much. Idonia all Jorund has left of family. Want to keep her safe."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 17, 2014, 10:19:20 am »

@Everyone everywhere:

Now that books were returned, Eleonore and the group managed to meet alltogether and wander the streets toward the city garrison where Prince could be found, possibly.

Unfortunately, no one wanted to listen to her even when she told that she was Prince's acquitance, the guards at the gate being uncooperative and a bit pushing. Considering that she almost got trampled by a group of horsemen in hurry, and a courier boy carrying several letters smashed into Nerea few minutes later, it seemed that city garrison didn't fare better than the streets - there was simply chaos.

People were talking, some were packing things onto carts and wagons, and some were clearly preparing themselves for combat.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 17, 2014, 10:25:19 am »

: "I see... I'm sorry."

He kept his eyes on the shelf. Colt didn't need to have the matter explained to him. Death among the lower class was not unknown to him. It was hard for any family to lose someone, but it could be harder still on a farming family to lose both it's patriarch and it's matriarch. From what he had seen, Nobles have all the time in world to mourn. But for everyone else, the fields and the animals couldn't wait a day. They still needed tending to. If Idonia didn't have her brother, she wouldn't have lasted a week.
: "You're a strong Jorund. In more ways than one."

With the last of the books taken care of, they continued on City Garrison. It was madness. Colt had been holding his tongue for some time now, but now he was becoming angry. If they didn't grant them admittance soon, there was going to be hell to pay. They had no right to shut them out as if they were common folk. They had business here. Important business.

: "...Would you like me to speak to them m'lady?"
BIRDS.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 17, 2014, 10:28:12 am »

"No, Colt. We will wait until it's calmer and then ask again. To be honest I see no reason why the guards should let us in whilst the garrison is so busy."
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 17, 2014, 10:32:20 am »

: "M'lady, you were almost trampled. Then there was that insufferable postboy who bashed into Nerea. Because of those two incidents alone, I have half the mind to march in there and tell them that their running of this garrison is botched.
BIRDS.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 17, 2014, 10:38:01 am »

"Well... you're forgetting the fact we're standing in front of what it seems their only entrance to this fort. And besides, we're not anyone important, we're what - a mage, a sword lady, pair of robed ladies, a horseman and two scruffy men in clothes of rather dubious quality." Eleonore turned to Cidney and Jorund.

"No offense." Then Eleonore turned as the main door was opened widely - an entire troop of spearmen began to march out, with a small, ratty-looking robed man on a horse in midst of them. He had some ornate clothing and large golden chain around his neck, and a set of papers under his right arm. He looked like some kind of official or judge or someone of that kind. Eleonore waved at her companions and stepped away herself.
SigFlags!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 17, 2014, 10:40:42 am »

"Thank you windy man."

Colt and Jorund - mainly Colt, honestly - finished putting the books back and joined the group on the walk to meet back up with the prince, where they were denied entrance. Colt seemed angry about it, but Eleonore didn't. Jorund stepped out of the way when Eleonore indicated, but after the group left the garrison he decided to try his own brand of diplomacy. He tapped one of the people blocking them on the shoulder to get his attention.

"Jorund, friends, enter please? Important lady must see prince."

Jorund indicated Eleonore on 'important lady'.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 17, 2014, 10:43:11 am »

"Prince Asoth is busy. Audiences for today have been postponed until tomorrow afternoon, after the second meal." One of the guards said without even shifting his upright stance.
SigFlags!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 17, 2014, 10:47:08 am »

: "That is utterly ridiculous and I think you know it. You're probably just too lazy to retrieve him."
BIRDS.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 17, 2014, 10:49:00 am »

Jorund looked at the group he was meant to protect.

"Jorund could go get prince. Not enough."

The giant indicated the people blocking the door, meaning he could try to just push his way past them.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 17, 2014, 10:54:15 am »

"I shall repeat. Prince Asoth is busy. Audiences for today have been postponed until tomorrow afternoon, after the second meal. Who are you anyway to ask for an audience?" Eleonore opened her mouth to speak, but froze in middle, thinking how should she reply.

"...I'm Eleonore, wandering scholar and priestess, and these are my bodyguards. If I could--"

"Prince Asoth is busy and has no time for people of your kind. Return tomorrow if you want an audience." Eleonore sighed and then looked longingly up at the windows and towers of the fortress.

"Jorund, Colt, please calm down... so, there's no chance to have an audience today with Prince Asoth?"

"None." The guard replied laconically and with slight irritation in his voice.
SigFlags!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 17, 2014, 10:59:06 am »

Jorund shrugged. If Eleonore wanted him to stay here, then he'd stay here.

"What now?"

Surely the important lady had some sort of plan.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 79