Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 79

Author Topic: Noble Emblem 2: IC Thread  (Read 42579 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 2: IC Thread
« Reply #390 on: April 12, 2014, 04:48:17 pm »

: "Watch where you are going." Colt sneered. His eyes scanned the bookshelf intently for information on the Baron of Cadus.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 12, 2014, 05:32:10 pm »

Back in the historical section of the library, Halldora muttered to herself as she looked for any other book about eferia, nobles or anything aaaargh!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 13, 2014, 07:12:41 am »

@Colt:

There were several books about Duchy of Cadus and the several Baronies established there. In fact, there was whole series on nobility of Cadus: 'Noble Houses of Cadus pt.1/pt.2/pt.3', 'Roots of Cadus Nobility', 'Dukedom of Cadus', 'Genealogical Matrices of Southern Nobility'...
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 13, 2014, 08:23:15 am »

Colt clicked his tongue. Humanity was not nearly as straightforward as magic was. History was not his niche, unless it deliberately involved magic. Fortunately, he had names; Baron Lavyerque and Duke Deragont, and a city Ture.

Pulling down the Noble Houses of Cadus series, he sought to see if he could find any traces of the Baron and the Duke first, trying to search for patterns that may have connected the two figures. Or at least he tried to. Halldora was only a few feet away, muttering and clomping about in her search. It was sufficiently distracting.

: "Halldora, would you mind telling me what exactly are you trying to do over there?"
BIRDS.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 13, 2014, 08:36:38 am »

@Colt:

Cadus has seven small baronies, but there was no mention of Lavyerque family being one of these - neither now nor in the past; the name didn't even appear in accounts of marriages of the Cadus houses with mainland Imperial ones.

Duke of Cadus turned out to be non-hereditary position. The first Duke was Rand, the most powerful merchant that quickly made peace with Rivan once Eferia have fallen. His policy was open trade and support to the Empire. In return, the Rivan Emperor gave him a title of Duke and granted the island certain degree of autonomy. Unfortunately, the next Dukes weren't that pro-Empire and under fourth Duke, Dagvar, the Cadus rebelled. The war was short and saw death of Dagvar and replacement at his seat. The island was forcibly connected with continent via magical land bridge and Cadus was stripped of the right to have its own army; the city guards and border watchers stationed in Cadus are all Rivan citzens.

Duke Deragont was rather inept administrator, with penchant for collection of jewellery and magical artifacts (which he sometimes procured at absurd prices reaching hundred of thousands of coins). After six years of rule, corruption, crime and abuse of citizenry went so high that Rivan Empire intervened, replaced the Duke and began large-scale fight with the issues that lasted for next twenty years.

@Halldora:

Halldora in her frantic search grabbed many books. So many! She suddenly found herself unable to keep balance of the books and some of them fell down onto the floor and nearby table, as Halldora fell on her backside.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 08:47:56 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 13, 2014, 08:45:44 am »

Colt frowned. History was a painfully droll subject and sapped his already waning patience. Still, at least he was able to somewhat verify that the stone was in possession of Duke Deragont. He left the book open on the table and went to search for a book on the rebellion against him. If he could find out who sacked the treasury, then there might still be a chance that he could locate the stone from there.
BIRDS.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 13, 2014, 08:51:17 am »

There was a chapter about it in 'Fall of Deragont':

Apparently, the moment in which Rivan soldiers started to siege the Duke's estate, someone set fire to the lower halls. The chapter also mentions some servants killing themselves whilst others robbed the bedrooms and storage rooms of any and all wealth they could find. Treasury fell victim to this crazy as well. When Rivans finally got rid of Duke and assessed damage, their accountants estimated that only one fifth of original treasury wealth remained; the rest was stolen by servants it seems.
SigFlags!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 13, 2014, 09:11:13 am »

: "This is all madness..."

There was something larger going on here, but he needed time to figure out just what that was. There was something that he was missing, a key or link that would make this mess make sense. The burning of the treasury was not an act of idle destruction. He could sense it. But his brain wasn't prepared to comprehend so much information in such a small amount of time. Colt leaned  forward on the table and closed his eyes, his head resting atop his hand in contemplation.
BIRDS.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 13, 2014, 05:05:38 pm »

"They ain't all that stiff, love. This should be enough to get us a whopper for the whole mob, just around, with what we already got."

Cidney lifts up the bag and jingles it as he says the last. Then he cracks his neck and turns to the others.

"Now, this is like to be the last coin we get for a stretch, so what you blokes say we come to rights about what we'll scrape up?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 13, 2014, 06:45:07 pm »

Halldora put her palms to her face, and groaned.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 14, 2014, 05:32:36 am »

Colt glanced over at Halldora, who was now groaning into her hands surrounded by various books. Colt gazed at her and gave his own imitation of frustration. He wasn't the only one who was becoming stir crazy due to this research. With a bit of help from the table, he was up to his feet.
: "Here; I shall give you a hand m'lady."

Then without waiting for a reply, he was on his knees plucking up the books she had dropped and placing them on the nearby table.
: "...You really miss Eferia, don't you?"
BIRDS.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 14, 2014, 05:36:31 am »

@Colt&Halldora:

"What have happened here...?" Eleonore ventured back upstairs and immediatelly noticed the books and Halldora standing up.

"Did you bump each other carelessly? I think Nerea would say that."
SigFlags!

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 14, 2014, 06:58:13 am »

((Don't have time to log onto imgur and find my portrait link))
"Sorry I bumped into you, Colt. So, what have you found so far?"
Look for something about wars, I guess. Something

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 14, 2014, 08:52:36 am »

: "Ahem, err... No. We did not... "Bump". Halldora explain."
Colt continued to pick up the books. This was unbecoming of himself. Thankfully, O'Connor gave him an occasion to stop bumbling his words like a foppy love-struck fool.
: "I've located the last known location of The Jewel of Wishing, but now I need to figure out who might of taken it. Really it could have been anyone, rival nobles, servants... I wouldn't rule out any of them. Even the religious might of-"

Colt stopped suddenly stopped mid-speech and started drifting off. Yes. That might be just the ticket.
BIRDS.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 14, 2014, 09:03:13 am »

@Colt:

"...Colt, you're daydreaming."
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 79