Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 79

Author Topic: Noble Emblem 2: IC Thread  (Read 42580 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 2: IC Thread
« Reply #375 on: April 11, 2014, 05:50:23 am »

Halldora slammed her hands on the table in frustration.
:"Why can't I find anything useful?!"
Read Conflicts of the South.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 11, 2014, 06:31:06 am »

Colt stared at the map intently. Cadus. There it was again. There was no doubts in his mind now; this was no coincidence. A deeper pattern was beginning to emerge.

: "Yes. You could say that. But first, I want tell me what you know about Cadus. Also..."
: "Halldora, you look like you need a break. Come here for a moment. I want to show you this as well."
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 11, 2014, 03:38:17 pm »

Let's read...Blood-stained Mysteries of Royalty: Sudden Dissappearances.
Afterwards, read Where is Karman Sandiego :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 11, 2014, 03:46:11 pm »

Jorund looked at the Hand Axe. It looked like it might be a good weapon. And if the blacksmith was willing to forge a Steel Axe in his size, that might not be so bad either. Unfortunately, his pockets were empty at the moment.

"Jorund get money, come back later."

He nodded to the blacksmith and went back to the library, where he was presumably stopped by the elder. If so, he said the following.

"Jorund guard important lady. Uhhh.... blonde lady, blue robes, brown eyes."

The giant pointed at his hair, clothes, and eyes as he spoke as if this somehow illustrated who he meant... despite the fact he had brown hair, black clothes, and blue eyes, not to mention he wasn't even remotely like Eleonore in any other way.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 11, 2014, 04:48:33 pm »

@Halldora:

Unfortunately, 'Conflicts of the South' was merely a compilation of knowledge all the wars between neighbouring kingdoms of Eferia, Ysmir, Ancona, Mihdalis and Tavos, described in five or six pages each, without getting into much details. The book concentrated on the period between six and four centuries ago, if one adds the '300' years into future Eleonore and her group were now. Thus, basically every conflict before Rivan Empire came in and swarmed over the region.

@Colt:

"Not much, besides the fact that when Eferia fell, Cadus apparently sold itself and as a sign of trust in their new, Rivan overlords, they even used magic to create a connection of dry land between their island and our lands... and my father so ardently believed they would use their naval power to halt the Rivans. Pitiful, greedy, short-sighed little merchants..." Eleonore closed her eyes, took a deep breath to relax, and opened her eyes.

"Have you found anything about Jewel of Wishing?"

@O'Connor:

The 'Blood-stained Mysteries of Royalty: Sudden Dissappearances' dealt primarily with murders, assasinations and vast amount of 'unfortunate accidents' that befallen onto that or this noble during a feisty quarrel with their opponents. Unfortunately, it turned out that this book doesn't go more than one hundred years into past, from now.

Somehow, 'Where is Karman Sandiego' must've been placed wrongly on this shelf... because it is an erotica book, where titular Karman is a vagabond and a casanova, well-known by both noble, lustful ladies, and their jealous, vengeful husbands. The book uses a lot of metaphor to describe the more spicy scenes, but sometimes the anatomical references are put bluntly in reader's view.

@Jorund:

The elder just stared at Jorund. He was ready to say something when the door opened and Altmorin came in, with small package tucked under his left armpit.

"Hello, big guy. Are your friends here?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 11, 2014, 04:59:49 pm »

Return 'Where is Karman Sandiego' to the elder and inform him that it was on the wrong shelf. Bring it to the right shelf if necesarry. Afterwards, ask him what the other sections are.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 11, 2014, 05:02:28 pm »

"Horsieman!"

Jorund seemed happy to see Altmorin.

"Jorund... think so? Won't let Jorund in."

The giant pointed a finger at the elder in a rather childish accusation.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 11, 2014, 05:30:03 pm »

Halldora shoved the book aside in frustration, then listened to Colt.
:"Yeah, OK... what do you have to show me?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 11, 2014, 05:48:01 pm »

Colt gently opened his books onto the table with a grin to their relevant pages and pushed it towards Eleonore and Halldora.

"Upon seizure of the treasury of the corrupt Deragont, seventh Duke of Cadus peninsula, the mages have found a pink Crystal of Wishes. It has been taken to the royal treasury in Ture and kept there, until the treasury burned down in Year 694 of Rivan Calendar. During the chaos of the fire, this Crystal along with many books on dark magic is thought to have perished or stolen by the unfaithful servants."

"Baron Lavyerque have added the Wishing Pearl of the South Coast to his crest shortly after the Third Battle of York in Year 625 of Rivan Calendar, which now bears both of the Souleating Lions climbing over the enlarged image of the Wishing Pearl, and since then it was passed from father to son as family heirloom that is to be used only in times of great peril, as the crystal's powers can move people from place to place instantly."

Colt quickly found the pages devoted to the two gemstones. The sections were in different part of the book, but the description of both of these artifacts was identical: "a sphere of pink crystal, known to speak in unknown language at times and glow brightly whenever a wish of a person is being fulfilled."

While Crystal of Wishes had only one chronological entry, the Wishing Pearl apparently appeared seven times in seven different locations. The newest entry was of course about the gemstone held currenly by Baron Lavyerque; the oldest entry mentioned the Wishing Pearl being housed in Kingdom of Ysmir but the gemstone apparently dissappeared shortly before the conquest of Eferia by the Rivan Empire of the old, and then it resurfaced some sixty years later in collection of a merchant in Grand Duchy of Cadus.

: "I believe I have found the most recent traces of our Jewel, the Crystal of Wishes. It's been in Cadus for a while now, but under a completely different title. Unfortunately, it's disappeared once more; stolen by someone no doubt. But at least it's something."
BIRDS.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 11, 2014, 06:16:00 pm »

Nerea leaves the chapel and heads to the shop with Dragon or Wyvern in the name to reunite with Einar.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 11, 2014, 08:09:50 pm »

Cidney is somewhat frustrated by this, and claps Einar on the shoulder as he leaves.

"G'luck with findin' the right book, mate. Our mug friend seems like he's always got his tickets..."

Then he heads towards the library, to see how their funds were and what they were all planning on buying. The places didn't have much of the things he needed, though a new knife would be nice...but that could wait, for the moment. For now, he'd check on how the priestess was doing.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 12, 2014, 06:30:24 am »

@O'Connor:

The elder took the book, grumbling under his nose as even more people came to bother him!

@O'Connor, Jorund, Cidney:

"What is this, a tavern for your meetings?" The elder huffed and puffed, but then Altmoring moved to the counter. Presence of an army officer silenced him easily.

@Colt&Halldora:

"Strange... the Cadus crystal dissappeared 70 years after that one Baron got it? This doesn't make sense--"

@Erryone in da archives:

Eleonore heard a commotion on the lower part of the floor, and stood up.

"Something's happening down there?..." She moved to the railing and Altmorin raised her hand at her.

"It's you, sir." Eleonore slowly moved downstairs.

"Yes, and I've brought the reward with myself." He handed the package to Eleonore, who untied it and looked inside.

"That's... lots I guess?"

"Prince Asoth thought it will be better if he spends part of the reward to help the families of deceased from our unit. He told me to bring the rest to you. It's one thousand crowns."

Party receives 1000 gold!

"I would like to stay, but... there's something I have to do."

"Allright, I understand. Could I speak with Prince later today?"

"I don't know that... I'm afraid that we might be busy in next few days." Eleonore blinked as Altmorin saluted and walked toward the door, and left.

"Well." Eleonore tied the bag and gave it to Cidney. "I just hope that 'one thousand crowns' is enough to buy anything. What are the prices in the shops you guys been to?"
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 12, 2014, 04:35:13 pm »

Colt was flustered. After all his work trying to locate the place where the stone was, it was disheartening to see his pet theory being rejected so quickly.

: "That simply means I need to find more data on how-"

Then Eleonore left, no doubt distracted by other business. No matter. Colt growled a bit under his breath, and went toward the Historical Section of the library, his sights intent on finding a book on the more recent history of Cadus. He was onto something. He was sure of it. Now he just had to prove it to her.
BIRDS.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 12, 2014, 04:39:30 pm »

Go to the history section.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 12, 2014, 04:44:55 pm »

@Colt:

The 'Cadus' sub-section of the History section was over two bookshelves large...

@O'Connor:

And O'Connor bumped onto Colt.
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 79