Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 79

Author Topic: Noble Emblem 2: IC Thread  (Read 42561 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Emblem 2: IC Thread
« Reply #285 on: April 07, 2014, 06:19:59 pm »

Jorund considered this, although he couldn't quite parse the term 'ankle-biter'. He threw the bodies he was carrying onto the pile.

"Farm. Ma, Pa, brothers, sisters, horsies, plants. Water plants, take care of horsies. Like horsies."

The giant smiled at some memory of his life growing up.

"Have horsies at farm?"

Cidney growing up on a farm and being strong made sense to Jorund.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 07, 2014, 07:25:12 pm »

"Too right we did. I wasn't who kept 'em ace, though. We only had the two, and Merdith was always better at shinglin', so he was in charge o' them, most times. I just did the odd yakka, the what and such that the rest o' my folks was too busy to get through. Least I did when I didn't bludge the work and go lairin'. Bloody fool, I was then..."

Cidney looked out at the horizon, over the trees, thoughtful and maybe a little sad. Then his expression shifted to a more cheerful one, though pain still lay in his eyes, and he turned to Jorund.

"'Course, that's all in the past, and it's worked out ripper so far, ain't it? Long as we keep the rest o' these bastards safe, mate, I think it'll all be apples. Whaddaya say? You an' me know how to get on fine, so us mugs gotta keep their mugs from gettin' mugged, eh?"

He smiled foolishly at the giant, surprised at the good humor the man brought out in him. Besides, that pun had been terrible...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 07:41:05 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 07, 2014, 07:36:30 pm »

"Jorund like funny man! OK. Jorund, funny man, friends?"

The giant held out a large hand to his newfound farmer friend.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 07, 2014, 07:50:20 pm »

Cidney looked suprised for a second, then smiled and nodded at the large man, putting out his hand. While it wasn't as large as Jorund's, at least didn't look comically small in comparison. He shook the giant's, or tried to; Jorund wasn't the type of guy you moved if he didn't want to be moved.

"Friends, mate. Now, let's finish up with these carkers so we can drain a mug to it!"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 07, 2014, 07:56:42 pm »

"OK, friend."

Jorund smiled warmly at Cidney and went to go get a few more corpses to arrange. The sooner they were done, the sooner they could drink, Jorund understood that much. He liked drinking. it made him feel warm and fuzzy inside. He had drank with his pa, with his brothers when they were old enough, with his friends in the army... and now he was friends with the funny man, and he could drink with him too.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 08, 2014, 03:48:14 am »

~~Intermission: City of Grey Shades~~

The Princess and her group were given a warm meal and comfy beds. For the night, they were able to sleep, besides those who might be haunted by dreams of the past.

In the morning, very early that's it, Prince Asoth have taken the group further south-east. The woods gave way to farmlands and pastures, but strangely there was not a single village. One hour after sighting the first farmlands, a city appeared on the horizon. Prince Asoth was recognized immediatelly and the city watch gave him a salute, not even asking his companions their names.

The city wasn't anything like Eferian city. The buildings weren't made of bricks and wood, covered with inclined roofs. Instead, they were made of stone or white, smooth material, almost like paper. The roofs, often flat had little balconies and towers, and some even had something akin to battlements - that's it, high stone 'teeth' with thin slits between each one of them.

There was also a lack of churches of any kind. Every building was different, true, but there were no grandiose temples of any kind, nothing that would resemble a circular shrine. Compared to the Eferian cities, there was also a lot of marble statues, representing - according to plaques - that or other Rivan Emperor or general or admiral or explorer or arcane professor, their personas forever memorialized in stone.

"Please excuse us for a moment. Me and Altmorin have to go and check-in with the garrison's clerks and report what have happened."

"Prince... I--"

"Do not worry. I will mention you as simple group of traveling scholars. Your... 'secret', if we can call it that, will be safe." Eleonore looked after the Prince until he turned corner, and then she looked around.

"Not a single tree boulwark, not a single speck of dirt. Not a blade of grass peeking through the stones under our feet... No colorful bazaar tents, no temples with stained glass windows... everything is uniformly white or grey. Oh, how can people live in this... this dreaded, cold place." She took a shy glances at passing townsfolk, who wore simple linen clothes, white or brown, or grey, or black. No green, no yellow, no red nor blue threads in their suits.

Eleonore shook her head.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 04:16:12 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 08, 2014, 05:50:57 am »

:"...Life always goes on, I guess."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 08, 2014, 06:43:42 am »

The silence lasted for few seconds.

"So, which one of you can read?" Eleonore took a deep breath.

"I'm still intending to read the history books in the Archives, wherever they are. I know that Halldora can read and I assume Colt can too, considering he is a magician. What about others?"
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 08, 2014, 06:51:17 am »

This wasn't quite what Colt had in mind when he thought of a city. No. This wasn't what Colt thought of when he thought of anything. The planes of vast nothing. The large stone walls, the sweeping rooftops. It was all rather unnerving. But once inside the city, his curiosity was pricked. Someone had to build this, to cut the stones, to tend the fields, to place the stones, high into the air and build this place. Whoever it was who designed this place, they clearly had a better idea of what they were doing than of the squalor of back Eferia.

He placed his hand upon the wall, gliding it across the side of a building.

: "I'm certain it can't so bad here. The people here lack a certain sense of style yes, but we haven't seen anything yet."

He turned to Eleonore.

: "It would be an honor. I would like to see what people have been writing for all these years."
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 08:08:24 am by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 08, 2014, 06:58:10 am »

"Jorund sorry."

The giant couldn't read, and so apologized to Eleonore.

"Jorund guard door, wait?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 08, 2014, 11:33:45 am »

"I can read some. Not at any great skill, but probably enough to help out. I could also see if I could get us supplies and such from around here if you would prefer I did that instead."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 08, 2014, 11:49:36 am »

"I don't think you need to guard the door, Jorund. Door can keep itself safe..." Eleonore forced a smile.

"Yes, that is good idea, Einar... Cidney, O'Connor, can you read? What about you, Nerea?"
SigFlags!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 08, 2014, 11:54:14 am »

Jorund looked confused. Doors couldn't guard themselves! They were just there to open and close and occasionally bash down. Doors weren't people, or even horsies or kitties.

"OK. What Jorund do?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 08, 2014, 11:56:15 am »

"Well... If I'm not helping read, you can come shopping with me. It'd probably make sense for us to split into two groups. Half goes and reads, the other half goes shopping for supplies and what not. Does anyone have any requests for what they'd want, supplies wise?"

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 08, 2014, 11:59:23 am »

"I can read. I'm looking forward to seeing what they have inside."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 79